Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

spock. wrote: »
    My team is still on autopick.
    Won't be giving it real thought until August, too many variables now.
    who's your captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »

Does this mean Alexis could start the season playing up front I wonder....

FHFC wrote: »
    Does this mean Alexis could start the season playing up front I wonder....

Ssshhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Martial, Mata & Sanchez could all be good options early on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

May look at Martial as a one week punt. He's been good on opening day the last couple of seasons. Then straight-swap him for Siggy gw2

manual_man wrote: »
    May look at Martial as a one week punt. He's been good on opening day the last couple of seasons. Then straight-swap him for Siggy gw2
    Martial's PPM is insane. Definitely worth a punt in the opening fixtures IMO, if he stays.

Martial's PPM is insane. Definitely worth a punt in the opening fixtures IMO, if he stays.

Still only a one week punt for me i reckon. Jose just doesn't like him too much i feel. Rashford/Lukaku/Lingard will probably all be in contention for gw2 at which point Martial's place becomes severely at risk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

who's your captain

Firmino

spock. wrote: »
    Firmino
    Autopick captain ftw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Ssshhhhh

It has been my belief since the minute Sanchez signed, that he should play through the middle and the attack should be built around him. In Lukaku, they are building the attack around a very 1 dimensional player and the other wide forwards now spend a lot of time just chunking the ball into the big man from wide areas.

If Sanchez, or any nippier forward took the place of Lukaku, I think the few United attacking options would be serious FPL gold. As it is, with Mourinho there this will probably never happen, and I will probably avoid the United lads unless they have a run of 3/4 fixtures that are massively kind to them at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Historically Sanchez has been less effective up front right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

CSF wrote: »
    Historically Sanchez has been less effective up front right?

Did he not play up top for Arsenal a lot during one of his big seasons there?

Edit: think he started upfront a lot in the first half of 16/17 when he went on a nice scoring run then got put back on the wing when Giroud came back in.

We will do well
    To get a team out at all

Alexis Sanchez misses united tour due to a “personal admin problem “
    I.e. visa

#mufc hopeful Sanchez will link up with squad on tour but if he's unable to next possible game he can play is at Bayern Munich on August 5 - five days before season starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

ScummyMan wrote: »
    £4.0 defenders, our favourite subject

Name|Team| League Appearances 17/18
    Jack Simpson|Bournmouth|1
    Markus Suttner|Brighton|13(1)
    Ezequiel Schelotto|Brighton|14(4)
    Matthew Connolly|Cardiff|4
    Lee Peltier|Cardiff|27(3)
    Ashley Jazz Richards (lol)|Cardiff|5(1)
    Greg Halford|Cardiff|2(10)
    Martin Kelly|Crystal Palace|12(3)
    Aaron Wan-Bissaka|Crystal Palace|7
    Scott Malone|Huddersfield|12(10)
    Yohan Benalouane|Leceister|1
    Chancel Mbemba|Newcastle|7(2)
    Sam McQueen|Southampton|1(6)
    Jan Bednarek|Southampton|5
    Ryan Bennett|Wolves|27(2)
    Danny Batth|Wolves|15(1)
    Roderick Miranda|Wolves|16(1)

Some interesting options there. The two that jump out immediately are Peltier from Cardiff and Bennett from Wolves. Bennett in particular is highly rated from Wolves fans from what I've heard.

4m defender klaxon!!!

Wan Bissaka started for Palace tonight, in what Hodgson said was his strongest 11.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    4m defender klaxon!!!

Wan Bissaka started for Palace tonight, in what Hodgson said was his strongest 11.

Is that the right back ?

Is that the right back ?

yeah young lad who broke into the team in the latter part of last season

manual_man wrote: »
    yeah young lad who broke into the team in the latter part of last season

Hhhmmmmm
    Are they not waiting on anyone to return from WC?

If I get him then I can’t get ........I probably shouldn’t anyway too expensive ......but he scored twice ..........but he will drop in price he always does

Aaaggghhhhhh

Hhhmmmmm
    Are they not waiting on anyone to return from WC?

If I get him then I can’t get ........I probably shouldn’t anyway too expensive ......but he scored twice ..........but he will drop in price he always does

Aaaggghhhhhh

Ward would be his main competition for the RB berth. Ward is decent and with quite alot of PL experience. That said WB could be great value if he does nail down the RB slot. But it's an if. Bennett probably a safer bet at the minute of the 4.0 options.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Gary Madine scored twice for Cardiff in a friendly. 4.5m forward. Who else do they have up front?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

My budget back line currently looks like something you’d get in Aldi
    Wan-Bissaka
    Daniels
    Mee
    Bennett
    Peiltier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Had my first fpl dream (nightmare) if the new season last night.

In the dream it was approx 70 mins into the Saturday afternoon games of gw1. I had gone with PEA over Aguero and Aguero had just scored 4 goals. (PEA had scored 1).

Had my first fpl dream (nightmare) if the new season last night.

In the dream it was approx 70 mins into the Saturday afternoon games of gw1. I had gone with PEA over Aguero and Aguero had just scored 4 goals. (PEA had scored 1).

Get both ;)

Liverpool have opened talks with Roma over the possible signing of the Brazil goalkeeper Alisson, with an initial offer of €70m (£62.2m) including add-ons being lodged with the Serie A club.

Via @FabrizioRomano

https://t.co/Zq8zhekzrn

Maasauku apparently playing left back in a 4 for West Ham. Makes the decision to reclassify him and no other wing backs even more absurd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Maasauku apparently playing left back in a 4 for West Ham. Makes the decision to reclassify him and no other wing backs even more absurd

Things like this really bother me as well. Even Zaha, who may well end up playing up top this season, but how many games in his entire career has he played up front, 5/10 is it? I mean, fair enough if he had spent 30 odd games up top last season. He's a wide forward essentially, so leave him as a midfielder. He could have been a great pick in midfield this season :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

From everything I have seen he won't be first choice anyway he will be behind creswell in a 4-2-3-1

From everything I have seen he won't be first choice anyway he will be behind creswell in a 4-2-3-1

It’s not the point

By reclassifying him they have ruled him out as an option.

He was singled out for reclassification. Why ?

The game is all about finding gems and any injury to Cresswell would have given us a lovely 4.5m option.

Will he make it into 0.1% of teams as a midfielder ? He might as well not be listed.

And however about a discussion being needed re Arnie there was no discussion needed for Zaha. He should be listed as a midfielder.

On a different note - looks like Watford could be playing with a back 4 so no rampant wingbacks there unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

There changing players positions too willy nilly now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Advertisement