Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Three wins in a row for Newcastle. A few weeks ago I thought this was a kind fixture for Arnautovic. Not so sure now. Newcastle now above West Ham in the table.

I brought Fernandez in at the start of this run on this basis - Newcastle had favorable fixtures and if they were to stay up it would all base on this run. Returns 6,8,2,7 and WHU, eve, WOL, hud, FUL to come.

It’s justifying the move from premium to budget defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dicky2016

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I brought Fernandez in at the start of this run on this basis - Newcastle had favorable fixtures and if they were to stay up it would all base on this run. Returns 6,8,2,7 and WHU, eve, WOL, hud, FUL to come.

It’s justifying the move from premium to budget defenders

Same boat, replaced Mendy with Fernandez this gameweek.
    Brought in Dunk and Schindler recently, all three below 4.5m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Barring any injuries/suspensions and Sterling's minutes over this week, my plan is a -4 next week to go:

Hazard -> Sterling
    Aguero -> Kane
    Laporte -> £5m or less DEF

I'm thinking Digne for Laporte for CAR & WAT before re-evaluating and downgrading to someone like Yedlin when Everton's fixtures turn.

That'd give me:

Foster (Hamer)
    Robertson Alonso Digne (Wan-Bissaka, Stankovic)
    Salah Sterling Richarlison Fraser (Gunnarsson)
    Kane Wilson Arnautovic

Kane is really starting to fire again in terms of underlying numbers and his fixtures from GW15 are captain every week material.

The only real issues I can see are 1) no Manchester City defensive coverage and 2) not having a full playing bench during Christmas with Stankovic being fodder.

I'd also want to go Foster -> Fabianski immediately afterwards.

I still have my wildcard intact but don't think it's worth using to ensure that all those 4 or 5 moves are done in one swoop.

I'd love to hear any thoughts or opinions. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Paully D wrote: »
    Barring any injuries/suspensions and Sterling's minutes over this week, my plan is a -4 next week to go:

Hazard -> Sterling
    Aguero -> Kane
    Laporte -> £5m or less DEF

I'm thinking Digne for Laporte for CAR & WAT before re-evaluating and downgrading to someone like Yedlin when Everton's fixtures turn.

That'd give me:

Foster (Hamer)
    Robertson Alonso Digne (Wan-Bissaka, Stankovic)
    Salah Sterling Richarlison Fraser (Gunnarsson)
    Kane Wilson Arnautovic

Kane is really starting to fire again in terms of underlying numbers and his fixtures from GW15 are captain every week material.

The only real issues I can see are 1) no Manchester City defensive coverage and 2) not having a full playing bench during Christmas with Stankovic being fodder.

I'd also want to go Foster -> Fabianski immediately afterwards.

I still have my wildcard intact but don't think it's worth using to ensure that all those 4 or 5 moves are done in one swoop.

I'd love to hear any thoughts or opinions. :)

Same three players I am hoping to end up with but with a Gudmusson swap to a 4.9 instead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Bench either Richarlison, Trent AA or Lewis Dunk this week?

Leaning towards Dunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Is 3 city mids overkill?

Have Silva, Sterling and Ederson, but I could easily go Mane or Hazard to Sane aswel.......

Last 3 games :

Sane : 34
    Sterling : 39
    Silva : 25

Total : 98 Points

Assuming you captain either Sane or Sterling each week, you talking 130 points plus on 3 players, or like 43 average.......

If onlys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Is 3 city mids overkill?

Have Silva, Sterling and Ederson, but I could easily go Mane or Hazard to Sane aswel.......

That's a high line if Ederson is a mid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

That's a high line if Ederson is a mid.

:confused:

I'd be swapping Ederson for Fabianski, which would enable upgrading else where down the line too

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

I have Mahrez and Aguero who both played 90 yesterday, Doesn't bode well for the weekend... saying that Sterling and Sane and Silva started both last weekend and last night... this City midfield is stressful

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MurDawg wrote: »
    I have Mahrez and Aguero who both played 90 yesterday, Doesn't bode well for the weekend... saying that Sterling and Sane and Silva started both last weekend and last night... this City midfield is stressful

Last season it was basically pick one and stick. It's turning out to be the same this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The stat I'm most comfortable with is the fact that Sterling has yet to come of the bench for a cameo this season.

Not too bothered with him benched 1 in every 7 games as long as he doesn't come on for 4 minutes at the end of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

S.M.B. wrote: »
    The stat I'm most comfortable with is the fact that Sterling has yet to come of the bench for a cameo this season.

Not too bothered with him benched 1 in every 7 games as long as he doesn't come on for 4 minutes at the end of the game.

They've been killing teams off so early this year they don't seem to need to throw on these players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

S.M.B. wrote: »

It makes him such a solid captain pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Finally looked at my OR after last gameweek last night. 400k. This season is going terribly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Serious weekend for the non-TRAM budget owners, I’ve 29 from my back four
    Goes some way to making up for the 3 and 4 from the previous two weeks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Green&Red wrote: »
    Serious weekend for the non-TRAM budget owners, I’ve 29 from my back four
    Goes some way to making up for the 3 and 4 from the previous two weeks

I'm only a RA owner now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I should probably know this but better to ask. As people may have forgotten the cup starts GW17, but to qualify you have to be in the top 4m odd of GW16.

So my question is - Do points hits count for this?, like we see some week that the highest score is 134, but the lad takes -56 point hit, but is still classed as the highest score for the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I should probably know this but better to ask. As people may have forgotten the cup starts GW17, but to qualify you have to be in the top 4m odd of GW16.

So my question is - Do points hits count for this?, like we see some week that the highest score is 134, but the lad takes -56 point hit, but is still classed as the highest score for the week.

They count

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ace2007 wrote: »

Good to see they are starting a week earlier this year and thereby allowing over 4 million teams in. Given the number of teams in the game having only 2.something million in the cup the last couple of seasons wasn't v good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

I have two free transfers so can basically bring in anyone, just have no idea who to bring in. Have Aguero, Sterling, Hazard and Mane.

Salah a bit pricey, not interested in Kane.

Thinking maybe Sane or Alonso.

Any thoughts? Who is the must have player coming in to the busy December period?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

budgemook wrote: »
    I have two free transfers so can basically bring in anyone, just have no idea who to bring in. Have Aguero, Sterling, Hazard and Mane.

Salah a bit pricey, not interested in Kane.

Thinking maybe Sane or Alonso.

Any thoughts? Who is the must have player coming in to the busy December period?

Since you don't want Kane, one of Alli/Eriksen/Son - sweet fixtures.
    Kane is the most nailed on to start though.

Hammers have nice fixtures too, Arnie or Anderson(maybe Balbuena(not must have though)).

Alonso, he's great fun to own and means you can get rid of Hazard later without total Chelsea fear

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Have Arnautovic.

Yeah Alonso and Eriksen in for Hazard and someone else could be a runner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

First sub didn't play, will he also get auto subbed out for my next sub who has played?

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    First sub didn't play, will he also get auto subbed out for my next sub who has played?

Yes it just keeps going down the bench until someone has played

Hope you have some points there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Thing I hate most is clicking on team, seeing defender on the bench with 9 points and seeing a playing defender with zero. Your heart rejoices but then you click on your zero defender:
    Minutes played 2 points
    Goals conceded 2 -1 pt
    Yellow card -1 pt
    Total 0 pts.
    The hate that fills me at that minute for that player is so intense. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Yes it just keeps going down the bench until someone has played

Hope you have some points there!!
    I'll be praying for a Digne assist now, not a clean sheet though, well as long as it is Mané or Firmino who dirtiest it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Happy with 7 from Hazard after taking him out. Now I just need Mane to outscore Salah.

Advertisement