Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Do people think Alexander-Arnold and Luiz are viable options in place of Robertson and Alonso respectively or is it too much of a drop off?

I think I’d like to go cheaper at the back and if I do I can have Sterling, Kane, Aubamayeng and Sane in my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm very tempted to do Robertson to TAA to free up some funds. Have been for the past few weeks. I don't think there's much benefit or switching Alonso for another Chelsea defender. They don't seem that solid to me. Either keep or downgrade to cheaper defender who has a good run of fixtures ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What’s the thoughts on Arsenal midfielders.
    Four weeks ago I had planned on Ozil in after the United game but he’s been banished/is injured. Ramsey got two assists yesterday, and he’s a favourite of mine, but isn’t starting. Miki is never getting near my team again

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm very tempted to do Robertson to TAA to free up some funds. Have been for the past few weeks. I don't think there's much benefit or switching Alonso for another Chelsea defender. They don't seem that solid to me. Either keep or downgrade to cheaper defender who has a good run of fixtures ahead.

It feels like a humongous trap, but Kolasinac is really tempting me.

3 starts in a row, £4.9m, and superb fixtures ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mark Hughes sacked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Mark Hughes sacked.

Mark Hughes sacked

Big Sam in would be lovely for us FPL players.

Not good for Kane owners though as Southampton might have a little bounce on Wednesday night now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Brought Kane in last night. Hughes out not great news :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

-=al=- wrote: »
    Brought Kane in last night. Hughes out not great news :/

If only you had waited ................ ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

http://twitter.com/JWTelegraph/status/1069544949375475713

The bounce may not come until Saturday .........they may just have written off the spurs game !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

km79 wrote: »
    If only you had waited ................ ;)

IKR my demise from 10k shall continue!

There will be a .3/.4 swing in prices and because he is so bloody expensive, I had to do it early

It’s a good time to wait as 2ft will be available Tuesday evening for most

Mark Hughes sacked

Apparently not beating United is the final straw these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I've had Tom Cairney since the start (damn injury) so...

https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/fulham-boss-ranieri-explains-cairney-positional-switch-4259124

Hoping he does what Ranieri is telling him to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Does anyone else feel the tide is starting to turn? Up to now it's been possible to do well without a premium striker and load the midfield but now with rotation a risk and kane and auba nearly guaranteed decent minutes is time to shoehorn them in?

Does anyone else feel the tide is starting to turn? Up to now it's been possible to do well without a premium striker and load the midfield but now with rotation a risk and kane and auba nearly guaranteed decent minutes is time to shoehorn them in?

I’ve brought in Kane and will probably change Hazard to Auba at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’ve brought in Kane and will probably change Hazard to Auba at the weekend

You know one is midfield and one is striker?:p

Who do people feel are the best £5.0m or less defenders?

Doherty - is the obvious one I suppose. 2 goals and 2 assists this season, and plays similar in terms of attacking threat to a budget Alonso. That said, no clean sheet in 6 for Wolves now and fixtures are mixed. If you got on him at £4.5m you're laughing, but at £4.9m is he still worth a punt given Wolves' struggles?

Digne - very creative, is on some set pieces and Everton have tightened up at the back with 3 clean sheets in their last 6. He's also a bonus point magnet and was on for all 3 BP's vs Liverpool yesterday until they conceded in the 96th minute. Aside from GW16 and GW17 when they face mci and TOT respectively, he has a great run of fixtures until GW27.

Kolasinac - this one is a bit of a wildcard, but bare with me. Dinnery says Monreal has had a couple of setbacks in his recovery and is at least 2 weeks away from a return. He can't defend, and it seems Emery has realised that by switching to the wing-back system, but my God is he good going forward! Say Monreal comes back as early as possible, you should still get HUD, sou, BUR and possibly bri out of him before Monreal becomes a problem. It's a massive punt especially as Arsenal simply don't keep clean sheets, but one that might be worth a shout with those upcoming fixtures.

Any others that stand out?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Paully D wrote: »

Duffy?

I haven't looked at his upcoming fixture, or his recent points tally as I don't have him, but he seems to be scoring goals quite regularly for a budget centre half. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Or any West Ham defender based on upcoming fixtures?

Wilberto wrote: »
    Duffy?

I haven't looked at his upcoming fixture, or his recent points tally as I don't have him, but he seems to be scoring goals quite regularly for a budget centre half. :)

Two more good fixtures but then he has CHE, bou, ARS, EVE, whu, LIV, mun from GW17-23 including losing Mat Ryan to the Asian Cup.

Brighton defenders were an excellent option from GW8 up until next week, but I think that ship has sailed now unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Who do people feel are the best £5.0m or less defenders?

Doherty - is the obvious one I suppose. 2 goals and 2 assists this season, and plays similar in terms of attacking threat to a budget Alonso. That said, no clean sheet in 6 for Wolves now and fixtures are mixed. If you got on him at £4.5m you're laughing, but at £4.9m is he still worth a punt given Wolves' struggles?

Digne - very creative, is on some set pieces and Everton have tightened up at the back with 3 clean sheets in their last 6. He's also a bonus point magnet and was on for all 3 BP's vs Liverpool yesterday until they conceded in the 96th minute. Aside from GW16 and GW17 when they face mci and TOT respectively, he has a great run of fixtures until GW27.

Kolasinac - this one is a bit of a wildcard, but bare with me. Dinnery says Monreal has had a couple of setbacks in his recovery and is at least 2 weeks away from a return. He can't defend, and it seems Emery has realised that by switching to the wing-back system, but my God is he good going forward! Say Monreal comes back as early as possible, you should still get HUD, sou, BUR and possibly bri out of him before Monreal becomes a problem. It's a massive punt especially as Arsenal simply don't keep clean sheets, but one that might be worth a shout with those upcoming fixtures.

Holding seems nailed on. Balbeano. I’d look at Chambers or Le Marchand, both 4.2

Edit: I’ve had Duffy for 9 weeks, 35pts, HEWT, any defender that returns 4pts a week is good
    Doherty has 42pts over the same period and is lauded a lot more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I think you have the best 3 options there Paully. Holding (4.4) and Keane(5.0) are decent picks too but I'd prefer Kolasinac and Digne. I especially like the Kolasinac punt, I think he has a big score in him in 1 of those 3 easy fixtures coming up. Fotmob have lots of player stats now after every match and had him down as creating 5 chances yesterday vs 0 for Bellerin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

i brought in foyth, easy game this week for 5.0

also richarlison

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Green&Red wrote: »
    Holding seems nailed on. Balbeano. I’d look at Chambers or Le Marchand, both 4.2

Edit: I’ve had Duffy for 9 weeks, 35pts, HEWT, any defender that returns 4pts a week is good
    Doherty has 42pts over the same period and is lauded a lot more

Schlinder has 35 point over 9 weeks as well and is only 4.3m - Huddersfield's fixtures aren't the worse either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I might only be able to play one of the following. Who would you put in your first XI...?

Jimenez (home to Chelsea)
    Doherty (home to Chelsea)
    AWB (away to Brighton)

Have Jimenez in there atm but don't like dropping AWB with 2 clean sheets in a row, plus a decent fixture in Brighton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Jimenez.
    Should be on pens with Neves suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭midfield dynamo

Went for a triple transfer (had 2 freebies). Took Maguire, Hazard and Jimenez out for Digne, Sigurdson and Kane.

Next big decision is who will be my captain...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hi.

New job has meant I've been an extreme casual over last 2 months. Pretty much forgot about it some weeks. Back in time for the festive fun at four hundred odd thousand mark.

Went with an oldie but a good'un. Seamus in for Robertson.

Hennessy
    Coleman, Alonso, Wan B, Doherty
    Sane, Sterling, Siggy,
    Kane, Aguero, Jimenez

Just the 4 goals please Kun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

PARlance wrote: »
    Hi.

New job has meant I've been an extreme casual over last 2 months. Pretty much forgot about it some weeks. Back in time for the festive fun at four hundred odd thousand mark.

Went with an oldie but a good'un. Seamus in for Robertson.

Hennessy
    Coleman, Alonso, Wan B, Doherty
    Sane, Sterling, Siggy,
    Kane, Aguero, Jimenez

Just the 4 goals please Kun

My advice - quit the job :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Press conference times:

Mourinho - 10am
    Pochettino - 12:30pm
    Ranieri- 1pm