Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Drop 2 of the below? Robertson a doubt so he's 1st sub with AWB beside him at present

Alonso, Robertson, Keane, AWB and Balbuena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Drop 2 of the below? Robertson a doubt so he's 1st sub with AWB beside him at present

Play robertson
    He will either start or not feature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Balbuena is yellow flagged if that makes things any easier.....probably still suffering shock after West Ham finally managed to secure a clean sheet:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Have Robertson,Mane, Diangana, Bennett & Trippier in my Squad. Already have 2 transfers made for a -4. What chances of 11 players this GW either? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Do we think Sterling will be rested today?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

sheroman01 wrote: »

I think so. But I thought that last GW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

sheroman01 wrote: »

There’s a chance but less likely I feel with Aguero out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

What about Laporte?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I'm in a similar boat. Don't think it really matters who we play as there'll probably be 3 of them rested anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Just saying Kane due a rest ....

• Advertisement

Dr. Bre wrote: »

GET OUT OF IT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Dr. Bre wrote: »

you're correct, but it won't be tonight. not after a loss, and a bad one. his rest will come. 9 games in 27 days are on the way for Spurs. but i'd imagine Poch would even prefer to rest him for the League Cup against Arsenal (he doesn't care that much about cups) than any league game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Does Kane ever get rested?

They don't really have alternative, do they?

Son or Llorente, unless he gets injured he keeps playing from what I remember.

Could be taken off if they wrap it up early, though.

My memory is not great, so correct me please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SlickRic wrote: »
    you're correct, but it won't be tonight. not after a loss, and a bad one. his rest will come. 9 games in 27 days are on the way for Spurs. but i'd imagine Poch would even prefer to rest him for the League Cup against Arsenal (he doesn't care that much about cups) than any league game.

Burnley on the 15th December (3 days after Barcelona) and the 4th of 4 games in 11 days including tonight looks a prime candidate for resting Kane, IMO.

Depending on if he plays the cup game or not, and with it being a derby I think he will, Bournemouth on the 26th might be the one either, but it is happening at some stage soon unfortunately.

Hard to see him playing each of the 26th, 29th and 1st all the same, so he may get two games off over Christmas (Burnley plus either BOU or WOL on the 26th or 29th) as well as the obvious rest for the FA Cup on 5th January.

That would have him nice and fresh for the second half of the season, starting with a home game against United on 13th January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Number of games started in a row leading into tonight's game. All competitions.

6-Sterling
    3-Sane
    1-BSilva
    1-Jesus
    0-DSilva
    0-Mahrez
    0-Aguero (inj.)

Read into that as you wish. Most players have had a rest of some kind recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

dsmythy wrote: »

6-Sterling
    3-Sane
    1-BSilva
    1-Jesus
    0-DSilva
    0-Mahrez
    0-Aguero (inj.)

I dont think Sterling gets rested,hes an important player.

I ll go with jesus swap for Aguero

6-Sterling
    3-Sane
    1-BSilva
    1-Jesus
    0-DSilva
    0-Mahrez
    0-Aguero (inj.)

I wish it will be sterling so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

6-Sterling
    3-Sane
    1-BSilva
    1-Jesus
    0-DSilva
    0-Mahrez
    0-Aguero (inj.)

It's worth considering that Sane played little to no Premier League football from GW's 1-4 inclusive, didn't play at all in GW10 and played less than half an hour in GW12.

In fact, he's only played more than 60 minutes in 7 of their 14 Premier League games thus far.

He will get another game off very soon, of that there's no doubt and sure, it could even be tonight, but he's about as fresh as a player playing for an elite team competing in numerous competitions could be at this stage of the season.

There's someone in the boards Qualifying league ranked 91 OR. Crikey

Yippee Payet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Paully D wrote:
    Kolasinac - this one is a bit of a wildcard, but bare with me. Dinnery says Monreal has had a couple of setbacks in his recovery and is at least 2 weeks away from a return. He can't defend, and it seems Emery has realised that by switching to the wing-back system, but my God is he good going forward! Say Monreal comes back as early as possible, you should still get HUD, sou, BUR and possibly bri out of him before Monreal becomes a problem. It's a massive punt especially as Arsenal simply don't keep clean sheets, but one that might be worth a shout with those upcoming fixtures.

Monreal trained today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

There's someone in the boards Qualifying league ranked 91 OR. Crikey

Yippee Payet

Johny Cage is his username. Fair play to him, I've done a bad job of flying the Boards FSA flag, he might do a better one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

will be doing the Aguero to Auba switcheroo tonight after the deadline but before further price changes. Looks like Aguero is missing out again tonight (according to Twitter he is not pictured at training today) but I don't want to take a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

What's the best/most efficient source for team lineups? Im hoping to see some lineups for the deadline though i know it's an outside chance. I usually struggle to find accurate lineups for a good few minutes until some kind soul posts them all up in the match day thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

MR NINE wrote: »
    What's the best/most efficient source for team lineups? Im hoping to see some lineups for the deadline though i know it's an outside chance. I usually struggle to find accurate lineups for a good few minutes until some kind soul posts them all up in the match day thread

They are embargo’d till an hour before kick-off in the Prem League so you won’t get any official source. It’s 99% guessing for the most-part

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

callaway92 wrote: »
    They are embargo’d till an hour before kick-off in the Prem League so you won’t get any official source. It’s 99% guessing for the most-part

Are you sure? I thought they must release the squads no later than an hour before kick off.

But they are free to release it earlier, don't do it for obvious reasons.

Correct me if I am wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I know it's rare but sometimes team news gets out a minute or 2 before the fpl deadline. It would also be nice to know where to go to find all the correct lineups as soon as they've been announced, even if its after the deadline.

MR NINE wrote: »
    I know it's rare but sometimes team news gets out a minute or 2 before the fpl deadline. It would also be nice to know where to go to find all the correct lineups as soon as they've been announced, even if its after the deadline.

Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

callaway92 wrote: »
    wonski wrote: »
    Are you sure? I thought they must release the squads no later than an hour before kick off.

Pretty sure Wonski is correct here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

wonski wrote: »

Ancelloti used to name his team the day before. What a legend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Official lineups for Prem League can’t be announced till an hour before kick off. Why do you think all teams are the exact same doing it just 60 mins before kick-off?

Sadly I have first hand experience with this in the job I’m in. Could do with receiving them earlier.

Advertisement