Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

callaway92 wrote: »
    Official lineups for Prem League can’t be announced till an hour before kick off. Why do you think all teams are the exact same?

They could be all the same for obvious, tactical reasons.

We have had that discussion before and I think I am right on this one.

Will try to put a link up later if I find a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

wonski wrote: »
    They could be all the same for obvious, tactical reasons.

We have had that discussion before and I think I am right on this one.

Will try to put a link up later if I find a time.

But sure in that case wouldn’t they do the same for the Champions League? Even though official lineups often come out over 90 mins before kick-off in that from the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

But sure in that case wouldn’t they do the same for the Champions League? Even though official lineups often come out over 90 mins before kick-off in that from the team

What does UEFA champions league has to do with English fa rules?

It's a separate thing.

I am busy now, but will provide a link :)

wonski wrote: »
    What does UEFA champions league has to do with English fa rules?

It's a separate thing.

I am busy now, but will provide a link :)

That’s what I’m saying... why wouldn’t they leave the lineups till the last minute in the Chanps league too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,511 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Official lineups for Prem League can’t be announced till an hour before kick off. Why do you think all teams are the exact same doing it just 60 mins before kick-off?

Sadly I have first hand experience with this in the job I’m in. Could do with receiving them earlier.

It’s the other way around right, that that’s the latest the teamsheet has to be submitted by, so they wait until then to make it public, since opposition has the information by then anyway?

• Advertisement

Dunno - either way - to answer the guy’s q .. not much good info available before they’re official

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Get a local journo to each team and have their notifications turned on, on twitter.

Some will often tweet the teams a couple of mins before the official.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Who's the best spurs mid option? And are they a worthy substitute for kane?

MR NINE wrote: »
    Who's the best spurs mid option? And are they a worthy substitute for kane?

For me it'd be Ali although if Erikson was back fully on freekicks and corners it'd be him. Erikson doesn't ever get booked mind so that might be something to weigh up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

For me it'd be Ali although if Erikson was back fully on freekicks and corners it'd be him. Erikson doesn't ever get booked mind so that might be something to weigh up.
    Funny I'd have said Son, playing right up top, electric pace, often beyond Kane.

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Funny I'd have said Son, playing right up top, electric pace, often beyond Kane.

I could well be wrong but in terms of minutes on the pitch from being subed off and rotated Son would be a bigger worry then the other 2 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Yeah if son was nailed it be him for sure, hes also very greedy, which is a great fpl trait. I fear he's going to miss a handful of games and be subbed off early in most others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

MR NINE wrote: »
    Yeah if son was nailed it be him for sure, hes also very greedy, which is a great fpl trait. I fear he's going to miss a handful of games and be subbed off early in most others.

Asian cup start of January ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Just to give people the heads up. Gw 15 is a midweek round of fixtures and I see gws 14-16 being the most heavily rotated period of the season even worse than xmas this year. Liverpool play CL psg wed, gw 14 eve sun, gw 15 burnley wed, gw 16 bournemouth sat, Cl napoli tues. Id expect both fbs to not start a league game, mane, firmino and possibly even salah.
    City have Lyon away tuesday, gw 14 bournemouth sat, gw 15 watford tues, gw 16 chelsea sat. I think jesus will get a start over aguero in one of those league games . Mendy and possibly sterling to get a rest. Id be getting a fully playing bench for this 3 games in a week period. I also think it may be one of the safer times to veer from the template a bit.

the template is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Fair play busts, you called that perfectly. I bet you didn't think all the Liverpool players you mentioned would be in the same match though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

It's worth pointing out that Keane was rotated for Everton. I did say Digne was most nailed on as a cheap defender at Everton.

Mina looks a cert now that he's fit and with no game time earlier in the year I doubt he'll be rotated over Christmas. Digne might be with Baines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/matt_cheetham/status/1070474169178042370?s=21

Like Hazard, he’s another that is a far better FPL option when playing a little further back than main striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Paully D wrote: »

Like Hazard, he’s another that is a far better FPL option when playing a little further back than main striker.

No matter where he plays - at 7.0m - he is a season keeper for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have repeatedly said this about hazard. People get excited when he plays up front. It is not his best position. It lessens his output and appeal. He has not played there much for a reason

Am I off my head to be considering a Manchester United defender?

FUL, liv, car, HUD, BOU, new, tot, BRI, BUR, lei, ful in their next run of games.

As bad and all as they have been, there's surely clean sheets in that lot?

However, I've paid little to no attention to their defence this year and it seems a mess trying to determine who starts or will get a run?

How long is Shaw out for? Smalling the only other that's nailed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

FUL, liv, car, HUD, BOU, new, tot, BRI, BUR, lei, ful in their next run of games.

However, I've paid little to no attention to their defence this year and it seems a mess trying to determine who starts or will get a run?

I wouldn’t rush into it. We’re muck and look a bit all over the place. We play 4 sometimes at the back and other times 3. José doesn’t know his best team or system imo. I wouldn’t class anyone as nailed on bar DeGea

People have been asking the same question the last 6 weeks. Stay away for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

2 clean sheets all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Lad in my mini league, Lucifer, is in the top 25, consistent since Halloween. Hard to understand with this front 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Yes, poison atm (United fan here)

I had my heart set on Trippier, but with his groin issue it’s back to the drawing board, so much so that I’m even considering United defenders as above :pac:

I might chance Verthonghen and keep a bit of cash to move to Trippier after the extent of his injury issue becomes more apparent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just watching MOTD. How do they give Hazard an assist for the goal last night? It took a massive deflection, surely an og. I appreciate my outrage changes nothing I'm more wondering what constitutes an og?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Just watching MOTD. How do they give Hazard an assist for the goal last night? It took a massive deflection, surely an og. I appreciate my outrage changes nothing I'm more wondering what constitutes an og?
    yeah fairly ridiculous I thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

gimli2112 wrote: »

I said before that if games are live on tv those types of situations generally get cleared up as there seem to be way more angles.

From what I saw of the goal there was no clear angle to show the shot wasn’t on target - and hence it’s not an og.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

sorry if already posted but with joe gomez injured for pool for 6 weeks does that mean lovren has to start now??

or TAA starts every game now?

Advertisement