Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Wanted to check if my paranoia about when I owned Sterling/Hazard/Salah was in my head or real.

I had Salah from weeks 1-6 - 37 points
    I moved to Hazard week 7-14 - 39 points
    I moved to Sterling week 15 - 17 - 8 points

Salah total - 113
    Hazard total - 116
    Sterling total - 112
    My total - 84
    :mad:

Think you should group them with the other 2million spend

i.e Sterling + x and Salah + x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Still sitting on the first wildcard. Squad is

Ryan Foster
    Robertson digne Doherty AWB kola
    Salah hazard Ricky Snodgrass Murphy
    Kane laca success

Only pressing changes are keepers plus Murphy and success. Even those not too urgent. Not thrilled with laca and Kane but may hold for another week. Strange postion to be in tbh. Can see myself holding right up till gw20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

KevIRL wrote: »
    Still sitting on the first wildcard

Absolute lies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Absolute lies.

He said he has his first one. He didnt say he still had his 2nd > 17th ones.

Its plausible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

No, I think he means his first of this season's batch. Up to now he's just been using the ones that he carried over from previous seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

KevIRL wrote: »
    Still sitting on the first wildcard. Squad is

Ryan Foster
    Robertson digne Doherty AWB kola
    Salah hazard Ricky Snodgrass Murphy
    Kane laca success

Only pressing changes are keepers plus Murphy and success. Even those not too urgent. Not thrilled with laca and Kane but may hold for another week. Strange postion to be in tbh. Can see myself holding right up till gw20

can only base on my recent results and the trend i've seen where i'd consider more investment in midfield stock and lose one or both of your premium strikers in the forward line for other less expensive options (Wilson, Ings, Chico, Jiminex are as consistent as the two you've in)

Here's my midfield returns since GW 10 on my way to a current position of 286K from 1.4m

gw 10 47 good captain choice (30)
    gw 11 31 bad captain choice (4)
    gw 12 35 good captain choice (24)
    gw 13 39 poor captain choice (16)
    gw 14 28 poor captain choice (12)
    gw 15 25 poor captain choice (8)
    gw 16 50 poor captain choice (4pts )

that's 255 points in midfield alone in 7 weeks and I feel I lost 60 more by unlucky choices in captain. but you get that from not having the certainty of a striker I suppose. I have 75 points from my forwards but have not captained any of them once. an average of 47 points weekly from my front 7. hoping to hit a few consistent captain choices to keep the trend of green arrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Wanted to check if my paranoia about when I owned Sterling/Hazard/Salah was in my head or real.

I had Salah from weeks 1-6 - 37 points
    I moved to Hazard week 7-14 - 39 points
    I moved to Sterling week 15 - 17 - 8 points

Salah total - 113
    Hazard total - 116
    Sterling total - 112
    My total - 84
    :mad:

think my previous post should have answered this instead

in my time i've owned all three together with ricky and paterson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

tailgunner wrote: »

Hopefully United players become viable options now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

claw wrote: »

Yep. They could be gold towards the end of the season if they get Big Sam in for the relegation fight. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

claw wrote: »

They will for about 2 or 3 games
    They will then revert to being the same players they have been under the other 2 managers
    Season is a write of in terms of united players imo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Apparently Michael Carrick will take charge for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭boccy23

Carrick only for a few days until an "external caretaker" according to Sky.

Would Pogba be an option now?

boccy23 wrote: »

Fair enough. I did say "apparently" because I didn't believe it either. Only heard it on Radio 1 but sure they wouldn't have a clue in any case! :pac: :)

km79 wrote: »
    They will for about 2 or 3 games
    They will then revert to being the same players they have been under the other 2 managers
    Season is a write of in terms of united players imo

Have Martial so if I get 2 or 3 games of a bounce out of him before it implodes again I will take it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I’d go Martial or Rashford IF I was bringing in a Man Utd player. My view on Pogba is that he only plays when he feels like it. I wouldn’t touch him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭boccy23

Benimar wrote: »
    I’d go Martial or Rashford IF I was bringing in a Man Utd player. My view on Pogba is that he only plays when he feels like it. I wouldn’t touch him.

My thinking would be that he has to prove that Mourinho was the problem and not him over the next period to get a bumper transfer in January or most likely in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

My thinking would be that he has to prove that Mourinho was the problem and not him over the next period to get a bumper transfer in January or most likely in the summer.

I’d agree with this 100%

Putting stupid pictures up on social media directly after Mourinho's sacking isn't going to help his cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sane , laporte and fernandinho not spotted on the train to leicester. If sane gets his rest tonight ill probably captain him saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sane , laporte and fernandinho not spotted on the train to leicester. If sane gets his rest tonight ill probably captain him saturday.

100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Agree, was waiting on the lineups before confirming this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

Even when Pogba is at his best he is only good for assists. I don't think he's ever scored more than 8 goals in a league season anywhere.

I really regret selling salah now
    Only did it to afford sterling and now I’ll probably end up keeping sane
    If I didn’t have 2 FT I’d bank again and wait and see what to do
    I might even end up selling mitrovic for..........whisper it ...........Rashford ! Depending on who gets United job . Expect a bit of a bounce and the games come so quick it could be 4/5 FF gameweek bounce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,471 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Anyone know anything about upcoming DGW's? Anything over Christmas/New years?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Anyone know anything about upcoming DGW's? Anything over Christmas/New years?

None that soon. Carabao cup final and GW27 overlap so some teams will probably have a blank.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18r08-Z5lot760c2k1B380OCnNHXLRnNH31YWagB4Oas/edit#gid=366283466

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Already brought in Pogba before I had a time to talk myself out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,471 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

KDB is back!!

Another fpl headache incoming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Off at 70 too!

Think I'll stick to the Sterling/Sane combo. Mahrez getting lots of mins here with Sane rested, Sterling on for 20.

Good news really but yeah more options for Pep

Advertisement