Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was tempted to do Auba to Aguero if Jesus started tonight's game. Now I don't know.

It worries me that Emery will start Auba against Spurs and rest him against Burnley. He's played 90 minutes the last 6 gameweeks so he must be due a rest at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I was tempted to do Auba to Aguero if Jesus started tonight's game. Now I don't know.

It worries me that Emery will start Auba against Spurs and rest him against Burnley. He's played 90 minutes the last 6 gameweeks so he must be due a rest at some stage.
    Only one of those games was a mid week game, outside the standard match every weekend schedule which is the norm so he's hardly in need of a rest. If he doesn't start tonight then he will be fine for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

2 of his biggest hauls of the season were off the bench

Kane yellow flagged.

Another example of a pathetic high profile yellow flag.

Slight suggestion he may not start tonight because of a cold.

In no way whatsoever was it suggested he’d miss the game at the weekend.

Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Kane yellow flagged.

Another example of a pathetic high profile yellow flag.

Slight suggestion he may not start tonight because of a cold.

In no way whatsoever was it suggested he’d miss the game at the weekend.

Ridiculous.

Why does it matter if you know he's grand?

TBF colds can get worse before they get better so a yellow is plausible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Is the only downside an increase in sales and a decrease in purchases by those not aware of the situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just after spotting Torreira is on 4 yellows........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Look at how the FPL Twitter affects transfers... Kinda annoying

yDw4q6.jpg

w4jSqM.jpg

callaway92 wrote: »

yDw4q6.jpg

w4jSqM.jpg

Why does it annoy ya? Lots of people look to different twitter followers, blogs, forums for advice (including this forum)

• Advertisement

I’m all for people signing atsu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

yDw4q6.jpg

w4jSqM.jpg

They forget to mention his next 5 include Liverpool United and Chelsea and in those previous 4 GWs Newcastle only managed 3 goals against Huddersfield West ham Everton and Wolves.

If people want to sign him leave them Atsu it.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Why does it annoy ya? Lots of people look to different twitter followers, blogs, forums for advice (including this forum)

Frustrating tracking players myself a good bit in advance ie Snodgrass but then see tweets like this give potential hidden gems away.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Frustrating tracking players myself a good bit in advance ie Snodgrass but then see tweets like this give potential hidden gems away.

Atsu isn't a hidden gem though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Atsu isn't a hidden gem though.

Neither was Snodgrass. As in the hidden part anyway

munster87 wrote: »
    Neither was Snodgrass. As in the hidden part anyway

Ah Jesus like.. I mean I was following them for a while to see if there’s a potential good run in them.

Not that had to understand lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Owners of Doherty and Jiminez - are ye going to play both of them at home to Pool this weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭sojustrutz

Owners of Doherty and Jiminez - are ye going to playing both of them at home to Pool this weekend?

Have this problem myself, torn between Doherty and Digne. Edging towards Digne. Jimenez first sub and going 3-5-2 for first time this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

sojustrutz wrote: »
    Have this problem myself, torn between Doherty and Digne. Edging towards Digne. Jimenez first sub and going 3-5-2 for first time this season.

Ya I'd play Digne over Doherty in your position. I've Robertson, Alonso and Kola starting (assuming he's fit) so have to bench one of Doherty, Ricky or Jiminez. Currently benching Jiminez but he's actually performed better against top 6 teams this season than Ricky has so I'm not totally convinced.

Ya I'd play Digne over Doherty in your position. I've Robertson, Alonso and Kola starting (assuming he's fit) so have to bench one of Doherty, Ricky or Jiminez. Currently benching Jiminez but he's actually performed better against top 6 teams this season than Ricky has so I'm not totally convinced.

I’d bench Doherty. No way wolves will keep a CS so relying on Doherty attacking returns. Would always go with attackers over defenders in this scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Owners of Doherty and Jiminez - are ye going to play both of them at home to Pool this weekend?

Depending on your bench, I'd play both.

Surprised if they keep a CS but Doherty is like a 6th mid, you have him for attacking threat I presume, defensive points a bonus.

With Jiminez, it's the usual form over fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Really thinking of Free Hit on St Stephens Day with the view to captaining Salah.

It was St Patrick’s day last year he scored the 4 at home to Watford

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Really thinking of Free Hit on St Stephens Day with the view to captaining Salah.

You'd ruin Christmas Day trying to finalise your team. Imagine doing that on a belly of turkey, and then trying to get it right Stephens Day on a hangover :eek:

Chesty08 wrote: »

Don’t remind me - an atrocious bender that cost me ML last year !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

No disrespect to Burton, but City and Everton will have a double game week and either, Burnley/Spurs or Chelsea/Brighton, Hazard and Kane will be essential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

patmac wrote: »
    No disrespect to Burton, but City and Everton will have a double game week and either, Burnley/Spurs or Chelsea/Brighton, Hazard and Kane will be essential.

Based on what I've seen of Kane - he could have a triple GW and I don't think you could say he's essential. He's playing way to deep and doesn't look like scoring 2/3 goals in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Shedite27 wrote: »
    You'd ruin Christmas Day trying to finalise your team. Imagine doing that on a belly of turkey, and then trying to get it right Stephens Day on a hangover :eek:

Stephens day is when I’d drink more. Will be on it from 11am that morning so need to worry about a hangover ;)

http://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/1075576295885553664

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I don't get the love for Lingard. Martial, albeit slightly more expensive, actually scores goals and is likely to get a lift from Mourinho leaving given their relationship is a much better option for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Advertisement