Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

It’s not the point

By reclassifying him they have ruled him out as an option.

He was singled out for reclassification. Why ?

The game is all about finding gems and any injury to Cresswell would have given us a lovely 4.5m option.

Will he make it into 0.1% of teams as a midfielder ? He might as well not be listed.

And however about a discussion being needed re Arnie there was no discussion needed for Zaha. He should be listed as a midfielder.

On a different note - looks like Watford could be playing with a back 4 so no rampant wingbacks there unfortunately.

Not disputing that he shouldn't have been reclassified agree 100% that he shouldn't have been he played 3 or 4 games as a winger and probably 5 or 6 as a wing back with creswell part of a back 3 he is pretty much a dud now anyway he won't be playing as a winger this year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Felipe Anderson and yarmolenko both in at 7.0 and wilshere 5.5 arnie at 7.0 could be some value in the West ham attacking players although playing 5 of last year's top 6 in the first 10 games isn't the nicest of starts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Felipe Anderson and yarmolenko both in at 7.0 and wilshere 5.5 arnie at 7.0 could be some value in the West ham attacking players although playing 5 of last year's top 6 in the first 10 games isn't the nicest of starts

Wilshire is actually only 5.0
    I’m still tempted by Arnie as playing these big teams in the first few weeks might be for the best with WC hangover etc

Just reading that Arnie has again been linked united
    Mourinho is a fan and worked with him at Inter ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »
    Just reading that Arnie has again been linked united
    Mourinho is a fan and worked with him at Inter ........

He also once said Arnie has the attitude of a child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

It’s not the point

By reclassifying him they have ruled him out as an option.

He was singled out for reclassification. Why ?
    He played a good chunk of last season as a LW ahead of Cresswell. Whenever fell behind (most games), they moved to 4 at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Paully D wrote: »
    Think Emerson could be an option then and at 5.5 would be a great way into Chelsea's defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It’s an interesting one. Cech and Schmeichel I saw linked as potential Courtois replacements too both 5.0. But Sarri is a very attacking manager so defensive points might not be at a premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Liverpool reportedly agreed world record gk fee to sign Alisson

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Andy Robertson 6m....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

James Maddison at 6.5 for Leicester in midfield!

Not sure he's one to start with, coming back from an injury at the end of the season, but I've got an eye on him. Did well at Norwich last season, and is essentially a replacement for Mahrez.

Is this because he played for Norwich? Probably, but a stopped clock is still right twice a day :D

*scuttles away for another week*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Begovic, Ederson
    Daniels, Robertson, Mee, Baines, Tomkins
    Salah, Sane, D Silva, Mhikritarian, Cairney
    Firminio, Zaha, Bonatini

What are peoples thoughts?

Also, anyone know any good leagues to join?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

CSF wrote:
    It’s an interesting one. Cech and Schmeichel I saw linked as potential Courtois replacements too both 5.0. But Sarri is a very attacking manager so defensive points might not be at a premium.

I'm looking forward to seeing Chelsea play this season and who they'll play upfront. A lot of Napolis goals came from the front 3 of Insigne, Mertens and Callejon so I think there could be good value in the 2 wide Chelsea midfielders that he favours similar to the Liverpool front 3 last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Rumours that Monreal will be sold. A first choice Kola at 5m would be tasty. Will be keeping a close eye on that situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

The ox out for the season

Jose on @Alexis_Sanchez: "I hope he is able to join us soon. It's important for him to work with Juan Mata and Anthony Martial as they will be the attacking players we start our season with." #MUFC #MUTOUR

Mourinho also said he is planning to start the season with Anthony Martial up front. #mufc

Which means he is dropped as soon as lukaku is back

Mourinho on World Cup absences: 'Maybe is good for Luke Shaw, Eric Bailly and Andreas Pereira.' #mufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mata, 6.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Did we not just finish the football, We're hardly back for more pain already ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Managed to hold off entering a team till now. Full on from now as I'm planning a GW1 BB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Not looking at till August 1. Had so much football. But will continue to look at these threads lol..

• Advertisement

Managed to hold off entering a team till now. Full on from now as I'm planning a GW1 BB.

Seems like such a gamble.

An early GW 3 or 4 WC followed by BB I can understand but not the first GW unless of course you are 100% sure all 15 start.

But I suppose you can spread the money around for GW 1 BB and then WC in GW 3 or 4 when all the World Cup players are back. Interesting.

An early GW 3 or 4 WC followed by BB I can understand but not the first GW unless of course you are 100% sure all 15 start.

But I suppose you can spread the money around for GW 1 BB and then WC in GW 3 or 4 when all the World Cup players are back. Interesting.

I’m also thinking if similar
    But prob gw 2/3
    Going to spread the cash Cos I will certainly be wildcarding when the big guns start returning
    Last year was the first year I held B.B. for DGW and it cost me too much in points hits

Still not fully sold on the idea but you could have a few 5m players on the bench to ensure starters and then WC in GW 3 or 4.

Could also be a good way of going without Arsenal players for the opening 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The problem with BB after your WC is that you dilute the value of your WC by focusing on that 1 week you will BB you also have the wrong team structure. I'm definetly WC in the first international break due to the World Cup. So my thinking is a 4 week squad and getting rid of the BB. I find the BB a hindrance when you have it in and around DGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

The problem with BB after your WC is that you dilute the value of your WC by focusing on that 1 week you will BB you also have the wrong team structure. I'm definetly WC in the first international break due to the World Cup. So my thinking is a 4 week squad and getting rid of the BB. I find the BB a hindrance when you have it in and around DGW.

Another possible advantage of BB first week is it allows you to take a lot of punts on the mid range value players like maybe Sessegnon or Keita etc which gives you more chances to catch some differential points and price rises.

Dallot is out until September for united
    He is a right back but can also play left back
    Blind has been sold and darmain on his way too

So for start of season Shaw has no competition . If it looks like Young will miss more than one week I’ll probably go Shaw over Bailly
    Unless they sign Alex Sandro ......

Yeah.

As I was typing my response to you I started to see/work out the benefit.

And I agree with the poster after you too.

Fire in a load of safe midpriced players to guarantee 15 players and focus on fixtures for first 3 GW’s.

It’s very tempting now but absolutely against everything I’ve done for last 3 years so it’ll need further thought.

@DiscoMirror: Man Utd have confirmed Alexis Sanchez’s visa issue has been resolved and he is set to fly to the US to join up with squad #MUFC @MirrorFootball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What do ye think Allison Becker's price will be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mars Bar wrote: »
    What do ye think Allison Becker's price will be?

Advertisement