Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Yes but fatigue will build up in that time. I'm sure Klopp will want Salah firing on all cylinders for the City game, which is their last in the run, so wouldn't surprise me if he was rested before then.

I’d expect like the Burnley game he will be on the bench and only be brought on if needed in one of the matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Lemlin wrote: »
    I’d expect like the Burnley game he will be on the bench and only be brought on if needed in one of the matches.
    Yes I was thinking the same. If that is the case then it would most likely be for Newcastle at home, which is the game someone said they wanted him in for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Dropped salah for sane. Ugh

Goooooooo Sané

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Palace are the gift that keep giving !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Salah keeps making it very difficult to get rid

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Ditching Salah doesn't even cross my mind. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I would expect him to get at least 60 odd mins in the games coming up and maybe play 30 mins before city.

Loving the points today

-=al=- wrote: »
    I would expect him to get at least 60 odd mins in the games coming up and maybe play 30 mins before city.

Loving the points today

The games coming up are the games before city ?
    He has Newcastle then arsenal then city
    If he is to get a rest then it's obvious which one it will be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

Lads, how are points being awarded? I'm gonna go on about my bugbear again of the assist points. Is there just 1 lad sitting there in the FPL headquarters watching each game and never rewatching incidents or what exactly is happening?

Today, Herreras shot is spinning yards wide. Deflects in. Should be an og and Herrera assist. Schlupps goal today is assisted by a Stones tackle, yet McArthur is getting assist points. Some farcical stuff I've seen this season.

Do they never review the incidents or what's actually going on. I love this game, probably addicted at this stage to it :-) but this sh*te is driving me mad. Loses a lot of credibility when this is going on non stop, which it seems to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Have been busy with work lately so not on here much but seen a few posters saying that Fpl Stats are not as accurate as earlier in the Season at predicting price changes.

Is that the case in people’s opinion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

@mcbain

Intention is 9/10ths of the law

And that's how FPL towers looks at it. They try to use their opinion combined with videos to decide the intended target or the intention in a players mind. As long as human opinion is making the decision there will always be flaws.

To paraphrase the cardinal in Angels and Demons :: FPL is flawed because Man is flawed

McBain11 wrote: »
    Lads, how are points being awarded? I'm gonna go on about my bugbear again of the assist points. Is there just 1 lad sitting there in the FPL headquarters watching each game and never rewatching incidents or what exactly is happening?

Today, Herreras shot is spinning yards wide. Deflects in. Should be an og and Herrera assist. Schlupps goal today is assisted by a Stones tackle, yet McArthur is getting assist points. Some farcical stuff I've seen this season.

Do they never review the incidents or what's actually going on. I love this game, probably addicted at this stage to it :-) but this sh*te is driving me mad. Loses a lot of credibility when this is going on non stop, which it seems to be.

The one that took the biscuit today was kevin Longs one

Rikand wrote: »
    @mcbain

And that's how FPL towers looks at it. They try to use their opinion combined with videos to decide the intended target or the intention in a players mind. As long as human opinion is making the decision there will always be flaws.

To paraphrase the cardinal in Angels and Demons :: FPL is flawed because Man is flawed

Kevin longs “assist “ ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I didn't see it, but it must have been special!

Rikand wrote: »
    @mcbain

I understand what you are saying about intention and how the lads doing the scores are just trying to read the play, so there will be errors. This is obviously going to happen a lot with deflected crosses, shots etc. where they have to work out the intended target.

In my 2 instances though. The first is simply an OG. The ball isn't going on target. Now maybe the camera angles aren't great so the FPL lads are trying to be positive and award points on that basis.

The McArthur assist. He simply doesn't pass the ball to Schlupp. McArthur is tackled and dispossessed and the ball breaks from Stones to Schlupp. There is simply no logic in awarding that assist. It only takes a couple of replays to see exactly what that situation was as well, so it's a bit of a farce tbh.

The whole assist thing has been a bugbear of mine for a long time, but the decisions seem to be getting worse season on season. I didn't see Longs one yet, but I'm presuming by KM79s comment that it hit his arse and fell to Barnes who scored? If that's the case as least he was the last to touch it before his teammate scored!

I presume most on here are in money leagues, cups, etc. like myself. Now I'm going terribly this season so it's doubtful that any big assist decision is going to cost me a league or anything, but it must get on lots of peoples nerves to see basically made up points being awarded. Btw, I know the game isn't essentially built for playing for money, but the FPL lads obviously know this is what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

There are no FPL towers any more. There is opta and their interpretation.

You either accept their decision or delete your accounts. Simple as that.

wonski wrote: »

FPL Towers, Opta, somebody makes the calls. Simply put, somebody is making lots of the wrong calls.

Can you tell me Wonski, would you accept getting to a Cup final and losing out by a couple of points when your opponent has McArthur, and he gets an assist for a goal that he has no right to?

Would you just accept it or delete your account?

wonski wrote: »

Sometimes they review the decisions made.....

Wow I hadn't seen the McArthur assist until now
    Absolutely unbelievable that's has been given to him
    There can be no argument for it
    Yet more inconsistency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hard to believe that after boxing day GW we will exactly half way through the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'd prefer if "assists" became even more subjective and involved creating a chance rather than just being the last person to touch the ball etc.

Grinds my gears when a player just pokes the ball to a team mate who rattles it into the top corner from outside the box moreso than decisions about deflections and intent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

It's mad how random most of the players are at the moment. Anyone who's knee jerking to get in flavour of the weeks the past while probably hasn't done too well....

Sane: Last week 10, this week 2
    Hazard: Last week 13, this week 2
    Shaqiri; Last week 14, this week 0
    Micky: Last week 14, this week 0
    Jesus: Last week 13, this week 2

Salah: Last week 2, this week 12
    Foster: Last week 1, this week 11
    Van Dijk: Last week 2, this week 15
    PEA: Last week 2, this week 13
    Son: Last week 1, this week 21
    Brooks: Last week 0, this week 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Ah, take a slightly wider outlook and it’ll look different

Even with his 1 last week Son has 44 over four weeks

Green&Red wrote: »
    Ah, take a slightly wider outlook and it’ll look different

Even with his 1 last week Son has 44 over four weeks
    His Asian adventure makes me feel like it's too late to get on him though

naughtb4 wrote: »

I mentioned it on the GW thread, it’s the great thing about having him, others are being put off him by that but he has savage fixtures in the next three. Could easily post another 30pts and is unlikely to be rested again as he’s heading off

Green&Red wrote: »

I mentioned it on the GW thread, it’s the great thing about having him, others are being put off him by that but he has savage fixtures in the next three. Could easily post another 30pts and is unlikely to be rested again as he’s heading off
    You think?

I think he'll be rested next game. The fact I have him in my draft team is turning me off as well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Son has 5 goals and 4 assists in the last 6 games (which included a 14 minute cameo).

He has been a dream to own but to me he has always been FPL gold. Just loves scoring. Genuinely wouldn’t be surprised to see him start 3 out of 4 before he heads off.

You think?

I think he'll be rested next game. The fact I have him in my draft team is turning me off as well

Yes, why would he be rested now? He got a break last weekend, Alli might be injured, and they’ve no reason to rest him. I’d consider him for C next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What pressers are happening today ahead of boxing day fixtures?

Advertisement