Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I’m benching Wilson and playing AWB, Digne & kola.

Should Wilson start ahead of either?
    He would be my first choice to start out of those 4 but maybe I'm just weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSF wrote: »
    He would be my first choice to start out of those 4 but maybe I'm just weird.

Away to spurs ?
    I’d bench him too out of those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Makes sense on paper but maybe play Wilson over Digne? One of those anyway. Digne might even be rested but playing him myelf

km79 wrote: »
    Away to spurs ?
    I’d bench him too out of those
    Spurs have conceded 6 in their 7 games at home (and a similar enough away ratio) this year. If that ratio holds true to form would you bet too heavily against Wilson being involved in that goal?

AWB hasn't had an attacking return since the first game of the season. While I do not have a huge amount of faith in Cardiff as an attacking proposition, and Palace have been much better defensively at home than their very leaky away record, I still think the chance of a disappointing 2 pointer is more likely than with Wilson and the chance of a premium score is lower too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

CSF wrote:
    Spurs have conceded 6 in their 7 games at home (and a similar enough away ratio) this year. If that ratio holds true to form would you bet too heavily against Wilson being involved in that goal?

I agree. Wilson is the type of player that Alderweireld/Sanchez/Vertoghen have struggled against in the past.. I'll be starting him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Merry Christmas ye filthy animals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

callaway92 wrote: »
    Frustrating tracking players myself a good bit in advance ie Snodgrass but then see tweets like this give potential hidden gems away.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it

Things have escalated

http://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/1077497194318569472

Alexa, captain Snodgrass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭nullObjects

-=al=- wrote: »
    Alexa, captain Snodgrass

Alexa, captain Sterling

"Ok wildcard played"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

"Alexa buy sterling"

"You are now bankrupt"

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The scout in the team news has aubem and sterling rested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Great!!! Was going to captain PEA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Dr. Bre wrote:
    I'd imagine both will be subs and mist likely get 20-30 minutes. Enough time for both to do damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sterling only played 68 minutes on Saturday and didn’t play only 3 GW’s ago.

He’s one of their key players and they badly need a win.

I’d be shocked if he misses out here.

As someone who knows nothing about this, how does this work and what is the quality of the source?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

As someone who knows nothing about this, how does this work and what is the quality of the source?

Its pure guesswork.

Paully D wrote: »
    Sterling only played 68 minutes on Saturday and didn’t play only 3 GW’s ago.

He’s one of their key players and they badly need a win.

I’d be shocked if he misses out here.

If anything Sterling and Mahrez start with Sane being rested after he played out the game.

I’d imagine Sane will come on for either at 60, and the cosmic ballet continues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It's just them speculating nothing really behind it other than Auba has a lot of minutes lately but gives no reason why Sterling would be dropped just that Mahrez will expect a start and does say sterling may replace sane if pep thinks he needs a rest instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I dont think the rotation will be as bad as people expect. That 3 league games in a week period with the cl the midweek after it at the start of december was a more hectic period for a lot of the big teams . Liverpool have a far lighter schedule this time round. City have a game every 4 days. Id be expecting a robertson rest , one of liverpools front 3 to be rested v newcastle, sterling to get a rest in one of the next two more than likely southampton, aguero and jesus to share games, trippier to get a rest, eriksen to get a rest. Some of the teams near the relegation zone to target games and perhaps rotate quite a bit if they are away to a top 6 team to stay fresh for the next league game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

jimmii wrote: »
    It's just them speculating nothing really behind it other than Auba has a lot of minutes lately but gives no reason why Sterling would be dropped just that Mahrez will expect a start and does say sterling may replace sane if pep thinks he needs a rest instead.

Mahrez expecting a start over sterling is madness. He's played most games over Christmas and only rested last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I dont think the rotation will be as bad as people expect. That 3 league games in a week period with the cl the midweek after it at the start of december was a more hectic period for a lot of the big teams . Liverpool have a far lighter schedule this time round. City have a game every 4 days. Id be expecting a robertson rest , one of liverpools front 3 to be rested v newcastle, sterling to get a rest in one of the next two more than likely southampton, aguero and jesus to share games, trippier to get a rest, eriksen to get a rest. Some of the teams near the relegation zone to target games and perhaps rotate quite a bit if they are away to a top 6 team to stay fresh for the next league game.

All this is making me think it's not a time for any rash moves. might just keep rolling a transfer till Jan

jimmii wrote: »

What’s their track record like with predicting players being rested?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    All this is making me think it's not a time for any rashford moves. might just keep rolling a transfer till Jan

I had two ft and didn’t really need a change, so took a Christmas punt on Rashford in for Wilson :pac:

I’ll make a decision on Sterling/Sane/Haz with the 2ft after the next gw, but for now, have a little Christmas transfer cheer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

City were in the dung last game and Sane stayed on the pitch. He'll start until he breaks is my thoughts on it. His two games before that he came off early and generally has the least minutes played all season compared to other popular players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

What’s their track record like with predicting players being rested?

At this time of year I doubt there's enough information or time in people's day to really have any good info on boxing day line ups. I wouldn't be worried about it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

Start Snodgrass or Doherty?

Probably Doherty, but both could get some points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Been trying to get the funds to shoehorn Hazard into my team as a fourth premium asset but finding it very difficult so looking at KDB instead.

If you half KDB's output from last 2 seasons you might expect 3 goals and 9 assists over next 19 gameweeks. Hazard's got 8 goals and 9 assists in the first half of this season which is obviously outstanding but more than what history would tell you to expect which would be about 7 goals, 4 assists in a half season. They both have around 400 points from last 2 seasons so maybe simpler just to put it that way.

So my question is do you think they will they match each other like they did in last 2 seasons or do you think Hazard will keep up the form he is showing this year and outscore him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Can the second wild card be used anytime in the new year or is there a window to use it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anytime but best to hold it for double game weeks

Advertisement