Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Anytime but best to hold it for double game weeks
    Seems risky with the bench boost and free hit chips still available.

I guess if the last double gameweek lined up with plans for the rest of the season it would be a good option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

S.M.B. wrote: »
    naughtb4 wrote: »
    Anytime but best to hold it for double game weeks

I guess if the last double gameweek lined up with plans for the rest of the season it would be a good option.

That's what I mean, you use the wildcard a few weeks previously to maximise the benchboost etc.

Though it really is each time their own :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Last season there was a DGW, followed by a Skinny GW, Followed by a DGW. It was setup for an ideal use of the WC, followed by FH, folllowed by BB.

Well, ideal once you pick the right players though, of course! :pac:

Ok, so not use it the week of a double gameweek, do so in the run up to one.

Makes sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ok, so not use it the week of a double gameweek, do so in the run up to one.

Makes sense.
    Yeah exactly think of it as getting yourself in order for the last few weeks

It's also good to wait as you can see who has something to play for late in the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I've s aimilar dilemma, need to bench 2 of:
    Digne (Burnley a)
    AWB (Cardiff h)
    Wilson (Spurs a)

I've decided Doherty is definitely in.
    I benched AWB and Digne :mad:

Hughton confirms Ryan will join Australia squad in the morning: "We will miss him because he has been very good for us but we've also got two other, I think, very good goalkeepers. It's an opportunity now for one of them."

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Not much rotation at all yesterday richarlison probably the most surprising. Moreno had a slight injury if fit I feel he would have came in for robertson. Dont expect huge rotation for the next two gws either. Its not as hectic an xmas period as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Pressers

Solskj- 8:30am
    Hughton - 8.30am
    Howe - 9am
    Warnock - 10.30am
    Dyche - 11.15am
    Wagner - 12pm
    Sarri - 12:15pm
    Santo - 1pm
    Hassenhuttl - 1:30pm
    Hodgson - 1:30pm
    Puel - 1:30pm
    Benitez - 1:30pm
    Gracia - 1:30pm
    Klopp - 1.45pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Was pondering goalkeeper stats while trying to decide on who with my wildcard. Was looking at the last 8 game weeks.

Alisson and Ederson have faced the same number of shots on target 24

Alisson save percentage 95.8%.
    Ederson save percentage 54.2%

Alisson has the best percentage in this stat in the league over the period. Ederson is dead last.

Doesn't tell the full story but doesn't look great for him either.

The rest above 70% and shots on target faced:

Guaita 81.8 (11) <3 games played>
    Schmeichel 73.9 (23)
    Fabianski 71.8 (39)
    Leno 71.4 (35)
    Lloris 71.4 (28)
    Patricio 71.0 (31)
    Etheridge 70.8 (48)
    Rico 70.8 (48)
    Kepa 70.4 (27)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Does anyone think Guaita will keep his place? He’d be a good Ryan replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Does anyone think Guaita will keep his place? He’d be a good Ryan replacement.

Yeah I was reading some Palace twitter and they seem to think he should.

Made a very good save v Cardiff so I reckon it’s his place to lose for foreseeable future. He was first choice in la liga last year so has decent pedigree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

As the midfielders are now firing, Poga, Anderson as well as some big hitters I think l switch to 352 next Gameweek.

A front pair of Kane & Wilson with Pogba, Anderson, Ricky, Salah & Hazard should hopefully see me right for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

dsmythy wrote: »
    Was pondering goalkeeper stats while trying to decide on who with my wildcard. Was looking at the last 8 game weeks.

Alisson has the best percentage in this stat in the league over the period. Ederson is dead last.

Schmeichel 73.9 (23)
    Fabianski 71.8 (39)
    Leno 71.4 (35)
    Lloris 71.4 (28)
    Patricio 71.0 (31)
    Etheridge 70.8 (48)
    Rico 70.8 (48)
    Kepa 70.4 (27)

On goalies, I did a count up before the last GW, to see how Hart and Foster compared against a set and forget. Ended up short of Allison and Ederson but just ahead of Fabianski. So I’d have saved 0.5 if I’d gone Fab and Hamer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Who us most likely to replace Ryan in the Brighton goals,4m starter for 4-6 weeks,Oz should go well

Who us most likely to replace Ryan in the Brighton goals,4m starter

Steele.

Edit - it’s not Steele it’s Button.

Wouldn’t mind but I bough him last week as had 2 FT’s and nothing else to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Steele.

Button........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone going to risk playing AWB against Chelsea? Palace don't tend to concede much at home, having kept 3 clean sheets in a row at Selhurst, and before that only one conceded against Spurs. Chelsea meanwhile aren't exactly blowing the opposition away. Has the look of either a narrow Chelsea win or a stalemate to me.

I think I'll chance it as my other options are Doherty and Ings with the former unlikely to get a CS and the latter possibly benched.

Steele.

Sorry.

It’s Button.

That last Steele joke was still in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

:) that's that cleared up so

• Advertisement

:) that's that cleared up so

It’s Button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sorry.

It’s Button.

That last Steele joke was still in my head.

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Anyone going to risk playing AWB against Chelsea? Palace don't tend to concede much at home, having kept 3 clean sheets in a row at Selhurst, and before that only one conceded against Spurs. Chelsea meanwhile aren't exactly blowing the opposition away. Has the look of either a narrow Chelsea win or a stalemate to me.

I think I'll chance it as my other options are Doherty and Ings with the former unlikely to get a CS and the latter possibly benched.

I'm playing AWB.

He's my best other option ahead of Yedlin and Bennett.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Was just contemplating it. It's Doherty or AWB for me, and just seen clean sheets odds with Palace much higher than Wolves.

Doherty more attacking but wolves more likely to concede 3 or 4 than Palace. But Busts hasn't bought Hazard YET so Palace not a great shout either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I'm between AWB and Jiménez. Leaning towards AWB.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭notdarkyet

I have a midfield of Salah, Martial, Ricky and Felipe Anderson and a frontline of Jiminez, Rashford and Aubemyang. I have no free transfers but enough in the bank to do Martial to Hazard or Jiminez to Kane. Should I do either?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

notdarkyet wrote: »
    I have a midfield of Salah, Martial, Ricky and Felipe Anderson and a frontline of Jiminez, Rashford and Aubemyang. I have no free transfers but enough in the bank to do Martial to Hazard or Jiminez to Kane. Should I do either?

Yes if your not happy with 4th defender and it changes your captain.
    I think Martial has been training but I'm not sure if was with the full team.
    Deadline is 2 tomo so wait if the Hazard price rise wont affect.
    Rashford is a transfer waiting to happen so Jimi looks a hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭notdarkyet

Thanks, my defence is ok. I don't want to sell Jiminez but being able to afford Kane or Hazard and not buying seems mad. I'm leaning towards Kane because Spurs are full of goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’d have Kane over Hazard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Shedite27

dsmythy wrote: »

Schmeichel 73.9 (23)
    Fabianski 71.8 (39)
    Leno 71.4 (35)
    Lloris 71.4 (28)
    Patricio 71.0 (31)
    Etheridge 70.8 (48)
    Rico 70.8 (48)
    Kepa 70.4 (27)
    Mad how last season's must-have, DDG, isn't even in the conversation nowadays

Advertisement