Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Markx wrote: »
    Thanks.

That’s sweet.

Bye bye Kamara and hello Solanke.

I've only seen very small bits of Solanke. How good is he, say in comparison to Tammy Abraham?

Isn't he injured?

Markx wrote: »
    I've only seen very small bits of Solanke. How good is he, say in comparison to Tammy Abraham?

I’m not too bothered about how good he is or how good he might become.

At 4.7m he’ll be bench fodder and most likely the loan deal will mean he’s guaranteed a start.

That all said he looks like a confident player with a lot of potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

All the best to everyone for 2019.....may we all have a GW where a dud bench filler we own comes in with 30 pts:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/1224174/event/21

Chess grandmaster Magnus Carlsens team, world champion in chess and 101 or in fpl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

steve_r wrote: »
    https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/1224174/event/21

Chess grandmaster Magnus Carlsens team, world champion in chess and 101 or in fpl

Suprisingly took back to back hits gw3/4

TC gw10......got 15 points(45) so not a bad return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Do much people have three of Kane/Aubameyang/Salah/Hazard in their team? I'm finding it hard to come up with a way to have three of them in my team, without it hindering the rest of my squad, nevermind all four! Obviously Salah, at his price, makes it difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I have Kane, PEA and Hazard. Don't think the rest of my team is too poor as a result. Would be a lot worse if I kept Salah and tried to get Kane in.

Irish94 wrote: »
    Do much people have three of Kane/Aubameyang/Salah/Hazard in their team? I'm finding it hard to come up with a way to have three of them in my team, without it hindering the rest of my squad, nevermind all four! Obviously Salah, at his price, makes it difficult.

Currently have Aubameyang, Kane and Hazard.

I’m planning on selling Kane for Salah after this GW.

Although I’ll have no City cover

My conundrum is -

Salah, Aubameyang locked in and then 1 of

Aguero, Sterling, Hazard or Kane and I’m currently leaning toward Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Have PEA, Kane and Salah, could transfer out Son and Martial to Hazard and 4.9m player but I must be one of the very few on here that doesn't see why everyone wants Hazard over other players in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

i have salah, hazard and auba. Moved away from an expensive defence weeks ago as there were so many attacking options and cheaper defs like doherty, kola, digne good value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I have all 4:

Fabanski
    Digne, AWB, Bennett
    Salah, Hazard, Ricky, Snodgrass
    Kane, Auba, Jimenez
    Subs; Bednarek, Schindler, Kayal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    I have all 4:

Fabanski
    Digne, AWB, Bennett
    Salah, Hazard, Ricky, Snodgrass
    Kane, Auba, Jimenez
    Subs; Bednarek, Schindler, Kayal

That defence tho Lemlin....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Tempted to move away from Alonso and Robertson myself and spread the funds elsewhere. Both their fixtures do pick up but far cheaper players are outscoring them and it's getting pretty annoying having the premium options doing shag all

Managed to get Kane, Salah, Haz, Pogba and Sane on the same team with Kane and a big defence too. Might give it another week or so, but really tempting to downgrade the D a bit. I don't mind not having Auba since I won't captain him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I've Kane, Auba and Salah but rocking Snodgrass as part of a 5-man midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    That defence tho Lemlin....

They’re scoring as much as Alonso and Laporte at the minute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭JayJoe1990

How do I check my points total for previous years lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

JayJoe1990 wrote: »
    How do I check my points total for previous years lads?

Click on View Gameweek history on your page, should be at the bottom of the page

I’m choosing between Aguero and Sterling for my City attacker.

Leaning toward Sterling.

Any strong opinions ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Leaning toward Sterling.

Any strong opinions ?

I think Sterling is a more prolific points scorer these days. I think with the introduction of Mahrez though Sterling has become more likely to be rested than Aguero is for Jesus, particularly against weaker teams which makes him a harder option of the 2 to captain IMO which is crucial at his price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Leaning toward Sterling.

Any strong opinions ?
    Why limit yourself to those two options, no interest in the cheaper Sane or KdB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Why limit yourself to those two options, no interest in the cheaper Sane or KdB?

Isn’t KdB out again with a muscle injury? Keeps this up and he’ll get the sick note cert for the season.

It’s not a case of limiting my option.

I’ve narrowed down my City choice to one of those two and I’ll be going with one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

It’s not a case of limiting my option.

I’ve narrowed down my City choice to one of those two and I’ll be going with one of them.

Sterling for me. I reluctantly got rid for Salah 3 GW's ago (which has turned out well) but now have the headache of getting him back in as I kept Sane for City cover.

With Aguero, you get 60/70 mins max predominantly, Sterling usually gets the 90. Those extra 20+ mins can be the difference between another goal/assist, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Sterling for me. I reluctantly got rid for Salah 3 GW's ago (which has turned out well) but now have the headache of getting him back in as I kept Sane for City cover.

With Aguero, you get 60/70 mins max predominantly, Sterling usually gets the 90. Those extra 20+ mins can be the difference between another goal/assist, etc

I stupidly got rid of Sterling this week (never, ever drink and transfer), and will be looking to get him in again very soon.

I would always have had Aguero over him, but am coming around to thinking Sterling is the better option for those reasons. Also the fact he never seems to come on as a sub, which makes him a great captaincy option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

tailgunner wrote: »
    I stupidly got rid of Sterling this week (never, ever drink and transfer), and will be looking to get him in again very soon.

I would always have had Aguero over him, but am coming around to thinking Sterling is the better option for those reasons. Also the fact he never seems to come on as a sub, which makes him a great captaincy option.

Came on as a sub a gw I had him captained, scored though! Wonder will Bernardo Silva’s appearances start to dry up at any point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

You're right, I actually had him that week too.

Yeah.

Sterling it is.

You’re all just confirming it.

I’d have needed a good case put forward for Aguero (over Sterling) and it’s not happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yeah.

Sterling it is.

You’re all just confirming it.

I’d have needed a good case put forward for Aguero (over Sterling) and it’s not happening.

When are you making the transfer? I'm picking Aguero myself but I wouldn't want you to make the same mistake I might make :pac:

When are you making the transfer? I'm picking Aguero myself but I wouldn't want you to make the same mistake I might make :pac:

In the process of working out the order.

Have used one FT already and now looking at Kane and Camarasa to Salah and Kamara.

Then probably next week do Hazard to Sterling.

Otherwise I would have done Kane and Hazard to Aguero and Salah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Re Sterling and Aguero, id kinda like to have them both for a few gameweeks at least. I'd have to sacrifice Auba and Anderson, which I might be willing to do, and then bring back Auba for his nice run of fixtures from GW26 onwards.

Advertisement