Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Re Sterling and Aguero, id kinda like to have them both for a few gameweeks at least. I'd have to sacrifice Auba and Anderson, which I might be willing to do, and then bring back Auba for his nice run of fixtures from GW26 onwards.

I think that would be impossible given Hazard’s, Kane’s and Salahs great fixtures. I’d have Auba over them currently as well.
    Doubling up would just ignore too many other great assets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Think we need to wait and see how City and Liverpool game goes before doubling up personally.

If Liverpool win I think City prioritise the CL and the other cups which could lead to different rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Can the GW27 eve/mci "blank" be rescheduled for an earlier GW?
    Cup finalists will be known on 23rd Jan (before GW24} and the final is 24th Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yeah.

Sterling it is.

You’re all just confirming it.

I’d have needed a good case put forward for Aguero (over Sterling) and it’s not happening.

The one downside of sterling over Aguero is that there are numerous midfield players who are returning big points consistently.

The same cannot be said about stikers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ElTel wrote: »
    Can the GW27 eve/mci "blank" be rescheduled for an earlier GW?
    Cup finalists will be known on 23rd Jan (before GW24} and the final is 24th Feb.

Possibly midweek of 25 . It could also go to midweek of 26 I think as the round of 16 CL is staggered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ace2007 wrote:
    The same cannot be said about stikers.
    Kane and Auba are in the top five FPL points scorers as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Possibly midweek of 25 . It could also go to midweek of 26 I think as the round of 16 CL is staggered.

Ok, thanks.
    Looks like it would be announced just before midweek GW24 (after FA Cup round 4 weekend) if it is to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I think there's very little between Aguero and Sterling at the moment. It's a coin toss at this stage. Decision might be best made with the context of one's entire team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Solanke's move called off due to concerns over his fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just looking at the teams for tonight and both Chelsea and Huddersfield have only one home nation's player on their team.
    Far cry from the days when you could only field three foreign players in a starting eleven.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Solanke's move called off due to concerns over his fitness.

Bit too much turkey at Xmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Irish94 wrote: »
    Do much people have three of Kane/Aubameyang/Salah/Hazard in their team? I'm finding it hard to come up with a way to have three of them in my team, without it hindering the rest of my squad, nevermind all four! Obviously Salah, at his price, makes it difficult.
    I've 3:
    Fabianski
    TAA Digne Doherty
    Salah Pogba Hazard Son Richarlison
    PEA Wilson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

5.5 for nasri

eagle eye wrote: »
    Kane and Auba are in the top five FPL points scorers as far as I'm aware.

Yes but I said there aren't too many striker returning big points consistently in comparison to midfield players. Sterling is off form compared to other midfield players, Pogba, Salah, Anderson, even Hazard have multiple double digit scores since Sterling last got a double digit score. Even Fraser has 2 double digit scores in that period. Now most teams will probably have at least 3/4 of those players and probably have Ricky as well whose great value. to get Sterling, he's going to cost 11.3m - and he's currently off form - so you have to decide which mid to drop.

Now I've seen a lot of teams that don't have both Kane and Auba, so for those teams, it's probably easier to get Aguero and partner him with either Kane or Auba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

KevIRL wrote:
    5.5 for nasri

Interesting.

Just the right price for me to make another ill advised punt.

Interesting.

Just the right price for me to make another ill advised punt.
    PRetty much same price as Snodgrass, who he's more than likely competing with for a spot.

Anyone thinking of holding Son while he's away? It's GW 23, 24 and 25 he's missing isn't it?

4 defenders for me in GW23: TAA (PAL); Digne (sou); Holebas (BUR); Doherty (LEI)
    Then Kamara has nice fixtures in 24 and 25 (Brighton and Palace) so could play him

Bought Son at 8.3, current selling price of 8.5, and his current purchase price of 8.8 - Is he gonna drop 0.3 in 3 weeks? Alternative would be a 3 week swap for Felipe Anderson, Perreira, Fraser or Bilva

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of holding Son while he's away? It's GW 23, 24 and 25 he's missing isn't it?

4 defenders for me in GW23: TAA (PAL); Digne (sou); Holebas (BUR); Doherty (LEI)
    Then Kamara has nice fixtures in 24 and 25 (Brighton and Palace) so could play him

Bought Son at 8.3, current selling price of 8.5, and his current purchase price of 8.8 - Is he gonna drop 0.3 in 3 weeks? Alternative would be a 3 week swap for Felipe Anderson, Perreira, Fraser or Bilva

Fraser seems to be by far the most consistent performer out of those four anyway. Haven't checked out future fixtures though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Bought Son at 8.3, current selling price of 8.5, and his current purchase price of 8.8 - Is he gonna drop 0.3 in 3 weeks?
    I'm in the same boat, bought Son at 8.3. I'm thinking that all those who brought in Son upping his price are active players (albeit most not as obsessed as us) so will likely transfer him out when he is gone. It's a different situation to earlier in the season when someones price goes up due to transfer in but doesn't go back down at the same rate as casual players have drifted away the guy is sitting in their team permanently.

Also, is he not likely to be gone for more than three GWs for the tournament, not to mention a possible rest after? I think it is too much money to have sitting on the bench, plus the risk he could have lost his form by the time he returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If spurs make carling cup final gw 27 will also be a blank for son

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Fraser seems to be by far the most consistent performer out of those four anyway. Haven't checked out future fixtures though.

Anderson has outscored fraser recently over 3/4/5/6 game weeks.

Also think you mean someone else than Perreria as he’s a defender. The Watford lad has done well recently as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dicky2016

This day in 2013, Fantasy Premier League had a glitch and gave Sterling 260 goals returning 1303 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Dicky2016 wrote: »
    This day in 2013, Fantasy Premier League had a glitch and gave Sterling 260 goals returning 1303 points.

Kev had him TC'd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Dicky2016 wrote:

He was on for 3bps too until he missed a few easy chances at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Should I get rid of son now before he drops or wait and see what injuries develop...what with the next deadline not til the 12th of January...

Hmmmmmm

Also considering sane to mane ...both at 9.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

https://twitter.com/bendinnery/status/1080861641280049152?s=21

James Pearce confirms that Robertson has travelled and is expected to play.

Is Dinnery at it again? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paully D wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/bendinnery/status/1080861641280049152?s=21

James Pearce confirms that Robertson has travelled and is expected to play.

Is Dinnery at it again? :pac:

No. There were multiple sources that said he didn’t travel with the squad, so he’s going by them.

Maybe he made his own way or summit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

He was on for 3bps too until he missed a few easy chances at the end.

If it had been Salah he would still have been struggling to scrape 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm planning on using Eriksen as a placeholder for Son while he's gone. The fixtures are too good to miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm planning on using Eriksen as a placeholder for Son while he's gone. The fixtures are too good to miss.

he's flown under the radar. in great form

Advertisement