Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

hey lads, a fresh set of eyes might help me. any opinion/comment greatly appreciated!!! currently 4th in the boards league so doing well. just a little confused on next move(s)… I've no City/United/Arsenal but not overly worried by that... oh & I've gone back to a strong defence as the fixtures lead me to believe there's points there. Alonso out is the obvious call but not before New.

2FTs 0.3itb

Foster (Speroni)
    Alonso, Robertson, TAA, Digne (Doherty)
    Salah, Hazard, Richarlison, Anderson (Camarasa)
    Kane, Jimenez (Kamara)

anything jumping out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

hey lads, a fresh set of eyes might help me. any opinion/comment greatly appreciated!!! currently 4th in the boards league so doing well. just a little confused on next move(s)… I've no City/United/Arsenal but not overly worried by that... oh & I've gone back to a strong defence as the fixtures lead me to believe there's points there. Alonso out is the obvious call but not before New.

2FTs 0.3itb

Foster (Speroni)
    Alonso, Robertson, TAA, Digne (Doherty)
    Salah, Hazard, Richarlison, Anderson (Camarasa)
    Kane, Jimenez (Kamara)

anything jumping out?

Kane to Aguero for the next GW? Especially if it's no hit involved and you can just relay back the following week. The question you'd have to ask yourself does Aguero outscore Kane who is against United.

Kane to Aguero for the next GW? Especially if it's no hit involved and you can just relay back the following week. The question you'd have to ask yourself does Aguero outscore Kane who is against United.

cheers for that! Didn't even consider it with Spurs great run of fixtures after United. Will def consider it! thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Consider downgrading Alonso and upgrading jiminez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

FFS have a quote from Poch about why he brought Harry Kane on in their FA Cup game. He wanted the Tranmere fans to get the chance to witness him in action and show respect to their opponent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

dsmythy wrote: »
    FFS have a quote from Poch about why he brought Harry Kane on in their FA Cup game. He wanted the Tranmere fans to get the chance to witness him in action and show respect to their opponent.

I thought it was a nice gesture for the Tranmere players to be able to play with the England captain. That sort of thing used to happen a lot back in the old days does seem strange to see it now when there's so much more money at stake.

Consider downgrading Alonso and upgrading jiminez?

I reckon Jiminez will be staying a good bit longer & really want to keep Alonso vs New. cheers for reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

"Palace keeper Wayne Hennessy denies making Nazi salute"

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0107/1020665-palace-keeper-hennessy-denies-making-nazi-salute/

Hard to deny it after seeing the photo. Just might mean Guaita's place is more secure, if Palace decide to punish Hennessy or if Hodgson is angered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

sheroman01 wrote: »

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2019/0107/1020665-palace-keeper-hennessy-denies-making-nazi-salute/

Hard to deny it after seeing the photo. Just might mean Guaita's place is more secure, if Palace decide to punish Hennessy or if Hodgson is angered.

Jeez that doesn’t look good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MOD: Just deleted a non-FPL reaction to this. Also, please be mindful of what you post in relation to an ongoing story - he is alleged to have made a gesture.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    MOD: Just deleted a non-FPL reaction to this. Also, please be mindful of what you post in relation to an ongoing story - he is alleged to have made a gesture.

MOD: Guys, three more posts even though I posted a warning on the subject already. I don't want to start handing out warnings/cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Not sure if anyone saw on twitter but Ben Crellin (blank/doubleGW guru) updated his excel following the 3rd round of FA cup fixtures. Pereira for Leicester catching my eye atm, that's if Burnley don't reach the QF.

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1082001696790925312

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

km79 wrote: »
    Jeez that doesn’t look good

Yeah, I did Nazi this coming.
    Guaita looks nailed on now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

****e draw for DGWs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yeah, I did Nazi this coming.
    Guaita looks nailed on now.

MOD: I warned about this twice.

At a foggy Carrington for Solskjaer's pre-Spurs press conference. Updates here from 8.45pm https://t.co/df89Txgk50 #MUFC @mirrorfootball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

At a foggy Carrington for Solskjaer's pre-Spurs press conference. Updates here from 8.45pm https://t.co/df89Txgk50 #MUFC @mirrorfootball

Pogba being fit is the main takeaway there.
    Some terrible typos from the journalist.

• Advertisement

Play Shaw away to Spurs, or Billing away to Cardiff? I'm guessing it's an obvious choice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Start AWB or Mitro this week? I think I've benched AWB for his last 4 cleanies, he'll surely concede if I start him this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dont think it changes his output that much. Might even hinder him.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Dont think it changes his output that much. Might even hinder him.

Yeah could see him subbed early as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah could see him subbed early as well

If he has a clean sheet intact all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Play Shaw away to Spurs, or Billing away to Cardiff? I'm guessing it's an obvious choice...

Billing is not exactly a points machine - 3rd sub for me every single week (I know he got a goal recently).

That said, Shaw gets even less points so I'd go with neither :D

Gabbiadini gone to sampdoria
    And may he never ever ever return

Gabbiadini gone to sampdoria
    And may he never ever ever return

Austin suspended and Ings injured. Room for a 4.7m Long there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Need to start one of Jiminez, Doherty, Kamara, Shaw

Tempted by Kamara at the moment

Advertisement