Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Need to start one of Jiminez, Doherty, Kamara, Shaw

Tempted by Kamara at the moment

Jimenez all day long - city could bAtter them 4/5 -1 but as long as Jimenez involved in the goal lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Start Doherty (city) or Shaw (spurs)? Was always going with Doherty but interested to hear otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Both will probably concede, Shaw a better chance of cs than Doherty, but the latter might sneak something, so prob him. Pretty close

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Start Doherty (city) or Shaw (spurs)? Was always going with Doherty but interested to hear otherwise.

It's a clear Doherty for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What's the deal with deeney, is going to get a ban?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

KevIRL wrote: »
    What's the deal with deeney, is going to get a ban?

He has until monday to appeal - my understanding is, if he doesn't appeal, he will be banned, if he does he will have to make his case(probably still get banned).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I had always assumed Gunn was a 4.0 keeper

Guaita really is unbeatable value at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

F1ngers wrote: »
    He has until monday to appeal - my understanding is, if he doesn't appeal, he will be banned, if he does he will have to make his case(probably still get banned).

Thanks. Won't be getting him so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I have deeney.

When is that ban starting ??

Also, very strange to see the pogba make both top 5 lists ... most transferred in AND most transferred out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I have deeney.

When is that ban starting ??

Also, very strange to see the pogba make both top 5 lists ... most transferred in AND most transferred out

Wildcards id say. Due to him being flagged.

• Advertisement

Wildcards id say. Due to him being flagged.

What do u mean flagged ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

What do u mean flagged ?

For injury.

Hmm didn't see that flag

Just looked at my GK points for the year 62 pts and only 3 CS. I have had one CS since gw 6. Hart and Fabianski till gw 8 , Patricio from gw 8-21 and Guiata yesterday. Only the Fulham keepers 46 pts and DDG also on 62 pts is a worse selection than the one Ive ended up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Should I Wildcard? Really need City and Spurs. Lads in brackets I’d like to be rid of.

Fab,(HAMER)
    Lindelhof,Bennett,TAA,Wan B,(ALONSO)
    Salah,Pogba,Richarlison,(SNODGRASS,HAZARD)
    Rashford,(KAMARA,AUBA)

patmac wrote: »
    Should I Wildcard? Really need City and Spurs. Lads in brackets I’d like to be rid of.

Fab,(HAMER)
    Rashford,(KAMARA,AUBA)

Not too dissimilar from myself

But for context you are looking to dump 3 of the top 7 scorers in the game.

I think two weeks and a minus 4 and u go along way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Take the first 4 week of the season out and I love to see where Alonso would be in terms of ranking then. If you still have him you might as well keep him at this stage.

As for Hazard, Chelsea don't score big, so getting Hazard in never made sense when he takes the place of a mid from teams that are scoring goals for fun - United/City/Spurs/Pool.

Wouldn't agree with getting rid of Auba, There is a lot of knee-jerking on here when an expensive player blanks in one game. Maybe if you want to get Kane in then that's about the only move to make.

Still a good few months left in the season and with out a few moves needed to sort of the team, waste to use the wC now. You can only play 11, so Hamer and Kamara can just sit on the bench, in fact unless you want to play with 3 up top - there is no point in ever getting rid of Kamara.

Ace2007 wrote: »

Take the first 4 week of the season out and I love to see where Alonso would be in terms of ranking then. If you still have him you might as well keep him at this stage.

As for Hazard, Chelsea don't score big, so getting Hazard in never made sense when he takes the place of a mid from teams that are scoring goals for fun - United/City/Spurs/Pool.

Wouldn't agree with getting rid of Auba, There is a lot of knee-jerking on here when an expensive player blanks in one game. Maybe if you want to get Kane in then that's about the only move to make.

Still a good few months left in the season and with out a few moves needed to sort of the team, waste to use the wC now. You can only play 11, so Hamer and Kamara can just sit on the bench, in fact unless you want to play with 3 up top - there is no point in ever getting rid of Kamara.
    You don't need Hazard to score big though if you have a viable captain alternative. He just ticks over (and he frustrates me alot as well).

Agree on Alonso and he's the one I am also eager to shift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

patmac wrote: »

Fab,(HAMER)
    Rashford,(KAMARA,AUBA)

I wouldn't either. No rush on Kamara as fodder. Snodgrass is becoming an open sore but he's the only one I'd be eager to dump fast.

The rest are all able to score big and give you that transfer them out and regret it moment. Not saying I'd understand reasons for transferring them out but there's no rush on them either, especially Auba.

Guiata Hamer

Robbo Doherty Digne Shaw AWB

Salah Hazard Ricky Delafeou Pogba

Kamara Auba Jiminez

In a bit of a rut at the moment, just slipping slowly backwards

Any suggestions?

• Advertisement

Guiata Hamer

Kamara Auba Jiminez

Any suggestions?

Id get allison

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm thinking of playing 4-4-2. Anyone using this formation? Working out well? Pros/Cons?

Guiata Hamer

Kamara Auba Jiminez

Any suggestions?

Id get allison

Yeah have two million in the bank, it could be done.

Feel like double Liverpool defence to TAA or Gomez once United's good run is over was the plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm thinking of playing 4-4-2. Anyone using this formation? Working out well? Pros/Cons?

I have been but not confident doing so, defence returned 27 points this GW so not complaining but can't see that as the case in future.

3-5-2 would be my preference and will aim for that when WC'ing

Yeah have two million in the bank, it could be done.

Feel like double Liverpool defence to TAA or Gomez once United's good run is over was the plan

You could downgrade Robbo to TAA then. My biggest regret this season is not moving to Allison when it became clear about 8 weeks ago the wolves defensive double up wasnt working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

I've played it a few times & even went 523 at stages early on. doing pretty well with strong defence but it's pot luck I feel at times. I think shifting from strong defence to decent mids & better 2nd/3rd forward will be my aim.

just got rid of Alonso for WanBis (.3 of a hit as sold at 4.2... silly) & will play 4 at the back this week (Roberston, TAA, Digne & Doherty).

any formation can work once you've the right players scoring well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

The Kane injury is a bit of a pain :pac: Planned on captaining next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just looked at my GK points for the year 62 pts and only 3 CS. I have had one CS since gw 6. Hart and Fabianski till gw 8 , Patricio from gw 8-21 and Guiata yesterday. Only the Fulham keepers 46 pts and DDG also on 62 pts is a worse selection than the one Ive ended up with.

buying and sticking with Fabianski no matter what has been a revelation for me.

rotating GKs kill me every year, and the expensive goalies (e.g. Alisson) don't normally give you as much bang for your buck (apart from DDG last year).

for all the 2s Fabianski will get, when he keeps a CS, it's likely to be at least a 9 pointer, while most of Alisson or Ederson's clean sheets merely get them 6 points. my point is, Fabianski makes up for less clean sheets with huge scores when he gets them. that's not even mentioning the fact he'll get at least a save point every match anyway.

Alisson, despite Liverpool having the best defensive record in the League, and most clean sheets, is only 17 points ahead of Fabianski, and that's despite the price disparity between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I've had a lot of luck with cheap goalkeepers in previous seasons (e.g. Heaton, Pickford), but it's not working out at all this time. I've had Patricio, Ryan and now Foster so far.

The only reason I didn't go for Fabianski this season was because I inexplicably had Zabaleta and a West Ham defensive double-up would have been mental.

I did have Ederson for a while who did okay, but like you say, not really worth the premium when he gets so few bonus and save points. Plus City love conceding the one goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Gotta go for a cheap permanent keeper and a 4.0 for the sub. A bonus if the 4.0 might get minutes, but I haven't bothered with a premium keeper in years.

Only reason I'd have a premium keeper is at the start of the game when the cheap keeper hasn't emerged yet, or the fixtures aren't up to scratch for a cheap one.

What I usually do is chance two decent 4.5's at the start of the game who might be the men to have, then in the first wc a few weeks later drop the one who isn't performing for a 4.0 or swap for whichever keeper is emerging as the best 4.5.

Save points can help make up for clean sheets and it lets you get a premium defender from the big teams who might get better attacking returns, along with a cs.

Those cheap keeper hauls usually come from the harder fixtures you'd probably bench them for so worth the risk imo

Advertisement