Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Managed to hold off entering a team till now. Full on from now as I'm planning a GW1 BB.

Yeah I'm doing this too I think. Not looking at teams for another while yet though.

This potential Schmeichel to Chelsea thing could complicate the GW1 BB plan Busts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah I'm doing this too I think. Not looking at teams for another while yet though.

This potential Schmeichel to Chelsea thing could complicate the GW1 BB plan Busts.

How come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

How can we not have Pva in our teams now
    Sure he will be mad for goals LOL

• Advertisement

How come

5.0 Chelsea goalkeeper 'set and forget' would be hard to ignore. Which I'd be pairing with a non playing 4.0 if it happened.

If going BB GW1 would have to spend 9.5m on keepers.

Could wait and get Schmeichel on wildcard but he could well be 5.2 by then.

5.0 Chelsea goalkeeper 'set and forget' would be hard to ignore. Which I'd be pairing with a non playing 4.0 if it happened.

Chelsea manager is leaving it till the last week to talk to courtois and hazard to try and convince them to stay . Not helpful !

I’m having a right go at it tomorrow now . Probably will downgrade Sanchez and get a nice spread of 15 starters
    And fk it

Ah I see . You are thinking about team value already.

Just followed PVAon twitter and read back through his tweets

It’s certainly not your standard PR run twitter account. I had to double check he had the blue tick
    Going to be fun watching his team .

Ah I see . You are thinking about team value already.

It's the first 4 of 5 weeks that you have to think about it!! :)

I guess waiting for Schmeichel on the early Wildcard is the play if going GW1. I'm still nowhere near having my head in this.

• Advertisement

I guess waiting for Schmeichel on the early Wildcard is the play if going GW1. I'm still nowhere near having my head in this.

I'm only starting. Took the pen and paper out tonight to jot down every teams first 4 fixtures. Everton, Liverpool, City, Fulham, Southampton, Watford, Palace and Chelsea interesting me most.

Whoever is going to be the right sided attacker for Chelsea could be very good value.

Especially if Willian does leave them you have Pedro at 6.5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Whoever is going to be the right sided attacker for Chelsea could be very good value.

Especially if Willian does leave them you have Pedro at 6.5.

I actually think Pedro is more of a Sarri type attacker than Willian. He could be Sarri's premier league Mertens ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

But if you were stacking your team for a BB in GW1, you would probably be spending 9.5m anyway.
    So Schmeichel and 4.5m and then offload (to 4.0m) after GW1 or when early WC'ing.

PARlance wrote: »
    But if you were stacking your team for a BB in GW1, you would probably be spending 9.5m anyway.
    So Schmeichel and 4.5m and then offload (to 4.0m) after GW1 or when early WC'ing.

Again, I've not looked closely but surely there are loads of 4.5 keepers with a good GW1. Can't see why you'd need to spend more than 9 for a decent pairing. And trying to build a GW1 BB team with only 100m every 0.5 is precious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I guess waiting for Schmeichel on the early Wildcard is the play if going GW1.  I'm still nowhere near having my head in this.

I'm only starting. Took the pen and paper out tonight to jot down every teams first 4 fixtures. Everton, Liverpool, City, Fulham, Southampton, Watford, Palace and Chelsea interesting me most.
    I'll post this up here again just in case people missed it last month - might check later on if I can get the player value info off the main site somehow

Paully D wrote: »

Took a punt on Shaw last season for a couple games, might do the same again this year.

5.0 into United's defence, fear I'll get burned again though

Took a punt on Shaw last season for a couple games, might do the same again this year.

5.0 into United's defence, fear I'll get burned again though

There is absolutely NO DOUBT he will lose his place once Young is back. I’m torn between himself and Bailly now .
    I’ll be willdcarding early but also B.B. so can’t afford to have him lose his spot before gw4 maybe Gw3
    Bailly could /should keep his all season but who feckin knows

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Patreon all the things!

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    There is absolutely NO DOUBT he will lose his place once Young is back. I’m torn between himself and Bailly now .
    I’ll be willdcarding early but also B.B. so can’t afford to have him lose his spot before gw4 maybe Gw3
    Bailly could /should keep his all season but who feckin knows

I'm a big fan of Shaw and want to see him do well but certainly agree with you. IF he was given the time to shine and play every game, I really think he'd be FPL gold.

Bailly seems the better choice, Mourinho likes him too albeit didn't play him end of last season as Ivory Coast not in WC, bizarre

Alisson 5.5

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I saw it last night and found it hilarious that all the FPL accounts were falling over backwards over him.

BACK OFF B!TCHES, PRODSTON SAW HIM FIRST!!!

Am I hipster or a grumpy old man now? Or both? :)

Any indication which Saints gk is getting the nod for gw1?

Everton close to signing Richarlison from Watford in a deal worth £50m https://t.co/bvG5OsGDW0 via @MailOnline

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

km79 wrote: »
    Everton close to signing Richarlison from Watford in a deal worth £50m https://t.co/bvG5OsGDW0 via @MailOnline

AntiqueElasticBoutu-max-1mb.gif

Danny Ward to Leicester for edit* £12.5m. Could be a £4.5m fpl starter :) more likely Schmeichel moves to Chelsea now I suppose

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Danny Ward to Leicester for £10m. Could be a £4.5m fpl starter :) more likely Schmeichel moves to Chelsea now I suppose

You beat me to it Cos I had to check his price :D

There are a lot of interesting options popping up
    It’s grwat from a FF point of view that the deadline is before start of season in one way

In another way the last few days will be mayhem

Advertisement