Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

-=al=- wrote: »
    Gotta go for a cheap permanent keeper and a 4.0 for the sub. A bonus if the 4.0 might get minutes, but I haven't bothered with a premium keeper in years.

Only reason I'd have a premium keeper is at the start of the game when the cheap keeper hasn't emerged yet, or the fixtures aren't up to scratch for a cheap one.

What I usually do is chance two decent 4.5's at the start of the game who might be the men to have, then in the first wc a few weeks later drop the one who isn't performing for a 4.0 or swap for whichever keeper is emerging as the best 4.5.

Save points can help make up for clean sheets and it lets you get a premium defender from the big teams who might get better attacking returns, along with a cs.

Those cheap keeper hauls usually come from the harder fixtures you'd probably bench them for so worth the risk imo

This is exactly what I did its just been a disaster this year due to who I ended up picking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

This is exactly what I did its just been a disaster this year due to who I ended up picking.

Just go fly keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I took a -4 to do Fabianski to Guyata this week. Might be taking a -4 to reverse it this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Looking at my mini leagues it seems loads have jumped off the Man City boat. The odd person has Sane or Sterling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I hadn't realised how bad they actually were this season. A job for Big Sam id say

Disgraceful.

Thought they looked decent every time I watched them this season. Well organised and gave the requisite effort.

They were starved of one or two regular/quality goal scorers/strikers and in losing Mooy to injury they were losing their best player and best player by quite some distance.

Wagner was a victim of his own success there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Disgraceful.

Thought they looked decent every time I watched them this season. Well organised and gave the requisite effort.

They were starved of one or two regular/quality goal scorers/strikers and in losing Mooy to injury they were losing their best player and best player by quite some distance.

Yeah, they are going doooowwwnnnnnn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Disgraceful.

Exactly, do they really think after one year in the league that they're a club whos gonna get a better manager. They're going back down regardless, why would ya not hang onto a manager like Wagner who will get ya back to the playoff spots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

With or without Big Sam they are gone,probably never to get near the PL ever again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Seems it really is "mutual consent" this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

So are we looking at double pool defence with Salah and triple city attack as the template now with Pogba/Rashford thrown in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

kilburn wrote: »
    So are we looking at double pool defence with Salah and triple city attack as the template now with Pogba/Rashford thrown in?

Why a triple city attack? next 2 games away from home, 2 games after that at home to Arsenal and Chelsea. In addition over a period of a week they have 2 premier league games and FA Cup - so there will be rotation and players playing less than 90 mins.

True there will be rotation but they will be going all out chasing down liverpool.

Would be a nightmare trying to pick 3 though

Dont think it matters if they are hime/away or who the opponent is they have goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

True there will be rotation but they will be going all out chasing down liverpool.

Would be a nightmare trying to pick 3 though

Dont think it matters if they are hime/away or who the opponent is they have goals

Hmm I dunno - Against 10 men for 75 mins, they scored a penalty and OG. It wasn't as if they were like spurs yesterday with shot after shot. Goal difference could be the difference at the end of the season, so you'd think they would want to be scoring 4/5/6 goals in a game like this.

Agreed hopefully Aguero gets the nod will be hard with Jesus form but difference is night and day.

Have they ever played together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

You know what if we get aguero in and it doesn’t work out there is a very very easy switch to auba who has a delicious run of games soon again
    Around the time city have a blank.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Agreed hopefully Aguero gets the nod will be hard with Jesus form but difference is night and day.

Have they ever played together?

In the 3 CBs and wingback formation.

Just realised if s korea dont make the SF son will only miss 1 game. If they get knocked out in the SF he will only miss 2.

Just realised if s korea dont make the SF son will only miss 1 game. If they get knocked out in the SF he will only miss 2.

He should drop .3 at least casuals wont look that far ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

km79 wrote: »
    You know what if we get aguero in and it doesn’t work out there is a very very easy switch to auba who has a delicious run of games soon again

I have Auba.
    My original plan was Auba to Kun but now Kane to Kun looks better.
    Might do Auba to Rashford too so that I can afford Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Pity Aguero not out for long time. Jesus be a certainty. Or vice Versa lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah I'm thinking of keeping him now and saving the transfers. Have a strong squad and don't mind if he drops back to what I bought him at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

He should drop .3 at least casuals wont look that far ahead

5,053 have brought him in this gameweek

Yeah I'm thinking of keeping him now and saving the transfers. Have a strong squad and don't mind if he drops back to what I bought him at.

Debating it myself now. Their is s round of 16 and quarters for them to negotiate to ensure he misses atleast 2 games. Although presume s korea will be nearly favourites to win it outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Why did I not own Yaya Toure that season?!

My God! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Aubameyang is dropping tonight by the looks of it.

To hold or not to hold......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

5,053 have brought him in this gameweek

5k people who don't know he's going to the cup and been poor lately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Aubameyang is dropping tonight by the looks of it.

To hold or not to hold......

I signed him after 10 goals in 10 shots. Been.**** since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

km79 wrote: »

Are you on WC? You gonna chance bringing him in?

Advertisement