Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think people are being way too negative on spurs assets. They played very well at the weekend against a team in form. They have 3 of their next 4 at home. They are playing fulham next . Son will be back soon. They have coped without kane before.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The alternative is:

Alli Eriksen Lamela
    Lucas

Just to add to this
    Hendrick barnes mcneil
    Wood
    Caused fulham a lot of problems at the weekend. I know which front 4 Id prefer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I think people are being way too negative on spurs assets. They played very well at the weekend against a team in form. They have 3 of their next 4 at home. They are playing fulham next . Son will be back soon. They have coped without kane before.

Think it's a situation like this:

If you have Spurs players - Don't sell until you see how they do against Fulham with the Lineup

If you don't have Spurs players - Don't buy until etcetc.

For me it's a stick with what you got this week situation

Think it's a situation like this:

If you have Spurs players - Don't sell until you see how they do against Fulham with the Lineup

If you don't have Spurs players - Don't buy until etcetc.

For me it's a stick with what you got this week situation

Ye I think thats fair enough. Id add another scenario if your on wildcard chance one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Think is llorente is so cheap hell allow people to maybe get salah etc in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Not only is there the issue of not knowing how Spurs will set up, there is also the fact that their next 5 games are over the course of fourteen days. That might not sound like a lot but they are down to the bare bones already. I won't be going near them this GW anyway, let the fog of the two cup games clear and reassess for GW24. They will then be looking at three home games in a row at that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think is llorente is so cheap hell allow people to maybe get salah etc in

But Llorente is best case screnario a 3/4 week fix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Not only is there the issue of not knowing how Spurs will set up, there is also the fact that their next 5 games are over the course of fourteen days. That might not sound like a lot but they are down to the bare bones already. I won't be going near them this GW anyway, let the fog of the two cup games clear and reassess for GW24. They will then be looking at three home games in a row at that point.

I could see a situation were spurs are out of the top 4 after those 5 games, or only a point/two ahead of 5th place. If they failed to qualify for CL it would be a disaster for the club - could possibly rush Harry back and that could have ramifications. Levy has players injured, players away, players getting arrested, players poch has no trust in, and then he's selling others to trim the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ye I think thats fair enough. Id add another scenario if your on wildcard chance one of them.

Most definitely. They have dream fixtures.

There's just so many options in midfield for wildcards, Salah and Pogba are no brainers, I've been very happy with Richarlison all year so not replacing him with a short term punt. After that with all the money from no big strikers, 2 of Sterling, Hazard and Sane are available. I'd like to take a punt on a Spurs player, just can't see where I'll fit it in.

• Advertisement

6 bonus points in the last 20 weeks for Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Palace away for Liverpool could be a very tricky game ,especially with there half make shift defense . I am not sure what to do with this team .Hardly Higuain will start this weekend, but he brings Alonso and Hazard back into play even tho I was finally going to ship them out. PEA could score against anyone and is hard to transfer out, Arnie decent fixture and could easy get a high score. Eirksun great fixture and could shine ,Martial and Pogba great fixtures and great form and Siggy a differential and could get a high score.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Palace away for Liverpool could be a very tricky game ,especially with there half make shift defense . I am not sure what to do with this team .Hardly Higuain will start this weekend, but he brings Alonso and Hazard back into play even tho I was finally going to ship them out. PEA could score against anyone and is hard to transfer out, Arnie decent fixture and could easy get a high score. Eirksun great fixture and could shine ,Martial and Pogba great fixtures and great form and Siggy a differential and could get a high score.

Liverpool are at home

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Liverpool are at home to Palace if that makes it any easier! :)

Killing time here, had a look at the worldwide number 1.

Has a 31 point lead at the top worldwide
    His team currently contains Kante
    He has bout TAA three times this season, including last week
    Highest he’s ever finished is 597k in 8 seasons
    He went out of the cup in the first round

But he mastered the chips:
    TC’d Aguero in week 2 for his 20 pointer
    Got 101 from his free hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Least I can say I've match the world no1 in something :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Killing time here, had a look at the worldwide number 1.

Has a 31 point lead at the top worldwide
    His team currently contains Kante
    He has bout TAA three times this season, including last week
    Highest he’s ever finished is 597k in 8 seasons
    He went out of the cup in the first round

But he mastered the chips:
    TC’d Aguero in week 2 for his 20 pointer

Might be at serious risk of collapse at any time. At least he's made a go of it if it goes pear-shaped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Who are people replacing Guaita with?

Been ever changing this week between just going Alison (no blanks) to Lloris/Kepa or evn as painful as I know it will be Patricio

If its City vs Spurs/Chelsea how likely are the first choice keepers to start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Only brought in Guiata last week for Hennessey :eek: The irony! I have Alisson so no plans to replace Guiata just yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/1086207068841918464

Doubt anyone FPL wise will feel too aggrieved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

No BUT the shot was on target so in the interest of consistency I don’t know why it wasn’t awarded straight away
    It also meant the defender was given an own goal and affected bonus points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Ahem.....us canny wannabe hipster McNeil owners were robbed of a perfectly good assist :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Ahem.....us canny wannabe hipster McNeil owners were robbed of a perfectly good assist :mad:

Also caught by this error myself having just brought in McNeill on the wildcard. They even commented on the issue on match of the day that night with the pundits agreeing with Sean Dyche that it should have been a Hendrick goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Doubt anyone too many FPL wise will feel too aggrieved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Cartman78 wrote: »

I too was on the McNeill bandwagon and ended up losing a H2H by 2 points :(

Start Deulofeu or Richarlison?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

naughtb4 wrote: »

Southampton going to extra time and pens midweek would swing it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

naughtb4 wrote:

Both. Who are your other attackers?

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Both. Who are your other attackers?

[TBC Keeper] - Currently Guaita

Shaw, Robbo, Digne, Doherty

Salah, Hazard, Pogba, Dela/Richy

Jiminez, Rashford

Dela/Richy, Hamer, Wan B, Kamara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

naughtb4 wrote: »
    [TBC Keeper] - Currently Guaita

Shaw, Robbo, Digne, Doherty

Salah, Hazard, Pogba, Dela/Richy

Jiminez, Rashford

Dela/Richy, Hamer, Wan B, Kamara

Good team, it's close but I think I'd play Deulofeu over Digne this week, I dont see a clean sheet for Everton and Deulofeu has a better chance of attacking returns playing upfront, he's been unlucky lately.

Advertisement