Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Invincible wrote: »
    In in the sane boat as you, was going to swap for D.silva, but with memories of Mendy's early form stopping me.

Very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think Sane has done enough now to justify his inclusion regardless of Mendy now though. I can’t see him just being pushed aside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

CSF wrote: »
    I think Sane has done enough now to justify his inclusion regardless of Mendy now though. I can’t see him just being pushed aside.

I tend to agree with this, he's in exceptional form.

Remember Mendy wasn't exactly in Pep's good books either a while ago so what's to say he'll slot back in.

Anything to be said for playing both. Walker/Sterling 1 side, Mendy/Sane the other

I tend to agree with this, he's in exceptional form.

Remember Mendy wasn't exactly in Pep's good books either a while ago so what's to say he'll slot back in.

Anything to be said for playing both. Walker/Sterling 1 side, Mendy/Sane the other

The other side of the Mendy argument is that there is no competition for him. It’s more likely to be Mendy and a different wide player on the left than it is Sane and a different LB.

I don’t think the idea of Mendy and Sane in the same team is that farfetched though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

CSF wrote: »
    I'm the same, he's playing too well to leave on the bench just because of what foot he uses predominantly

• Advertisement

Mendy was played in 9 games this season in the first 4 Sane was out of favour with Pep there was some speculation about fitness issues at the time, in Mendys other 5 they played spurs, liverpool and united Sane didnt feature much in them so it could be a case of pep not trusting him in the bigger games the other 2 game were Burnley and Southampton in which Sane played the full 90 in both, i think the connection is being slightly over thought

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dicky2016

Pep is a FPL nightmare
    Really want to get some Man City cover but its too risky
    What city player could you captain at the moment?

Fixtures have Chelsea, Arsenal and a Blank coming up
    Mendy is back from injury
    Is B.Silva now a winger again with De Bruyne?
    Champions League will be returning before we know it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Bilva not playing yesterday annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Its not that mendy and sane wont play together they will. Its just sane is more likely to play if mendy is out as he is more essential to the balance of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've Sterling and Sane at the moment. Almost definitely going Sane -> Son once Asian Cup is over.

Salah, Pogba and Son are the must-haves IMO. After that if I could afford 2 City mids I would, but there's plenty of other options

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Its not that mendy and sane wont play together they will. Its just sane is more likely to play if mendy is out as he is more essential to the balance of the team.

Exactly this.

Sane is the only natural left footer providing natural width with Mendy out (yes the Silvas and Delph are lefties but they are not wide players. Mahrez too prefers to cut in from the right, he's an attacking midfielder but doesn't have the natural inclination to play wide).

Sane stays way out wide which helps them stretch the game and can effectively go on the outside of the defender. With Mendy out Sane is close to undroppable.

With Mendy in, Sane enters the wheel of rotation once more. Absolutely no reason they can't play together, and Sane will certainly not be shunted to the side, but he enters a world of uncertainty.

I fully subscribe to the Mendy-return-affecting-Sane-gametime theory.

Other than reddit (horrible layout) and FFS (not great for using on phone) are there any other good forums for FPL ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Other than reddit (horrible layout) and FFS (not great for using on phone) are there any other good forums for FPL ?

Try this one

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Try this one

I agree the forum is very good but the site is poison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

Saw this earlier - list tweet with some sites I'd never heard of. You'll need to click into the tweet to see the list

https://twitter.com/or_fail/status/1085279611372462080

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Twitter is a good place to discuss FPL.

Just make sure you have a crappy FPL name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Non FPL related.

Cardiff's new signing Sala on board a flight that has disappeared en route to Cardiff. Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Not sure this is the right place to put this, but Cardiff's new signing was confirmed as a passenger on a plane that went down in the English Channel. Horrific if true :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Non FPL related.

Cardiff's new signing Sala on board a flight that has disappeared en route to Cardiff. Madness
    Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Not sure this is the right place to put this, but Cardiff's new signing was confirmed as a passenger on a plane that went down in the English Channel. Horrific if true :(

Very sad, fingers crossed they'll all be found safe & sound

Yeah that does not look good at all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mendy in squad for burton game
    Tick
    Tock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

km79 wrote: »
    Mendy in squad for burton game
    Tick
    Tock

Just as I get Sane back :rolleyes:

Hopefully, he's nowhere near match fitness for a EPL game for several weeks or has a niggle afterwards :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭boccy23

Can't trust him.

Will have to watch from behind the couch as have been burned twice this year by the injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Looking at Doherty, there is no defender (that you’d realistically pick) that has done worse over the last six weeks. That includes Lascelles, Mee, Morgan, Bamba, Schindler

Is he a beaten docket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Green&Red wrote: »
    Looking at Doherty, there is no defender (that you’d realistically pick) that has done worse over the last six weeks. That includes Lascelles, Mee, Morgan, Bamba, Schindler

Is he a beaten docket?

If I was picking a defender on current form for attacking returns Digne or Pereira might be better options but going more for clean sheet potential myself. I had Doherty at the start of the season before my first wildcard and he had not done enough to keep his place on my team then so he has had periods without attacking returns before and turned it around so not sure you could write him off completely. Only defender I have in that price bracket is Alexander Arnold who has attacking points and clean sheet potential so I think is a better choice if he can stay fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I think Digne and TAA are must have defenders given their prices and I'm hoping that Kola will be similarly so as I will be adding him this week. All are very attacking, have good chances of cs in upcoming fixtures and are good for BPs. Not sure yet if Bennett or AWB goes to make room for Kola, leaning towards AWB. Will play four at the back most weeks but can go to three when someone has a bad fixture.

I also have Luiz but will probably swap to Pereira in three GWs when Leicesters fixtures turn, I have a nice profit on Luiz as I've had him for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I put Doherty in on wildcard but only as a placeholder until Leicesters fixtures take a turn for the good. He should repay investment until seasons end all going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Currently have Doherty back in my team with Pereira's fixtures taking a turn. Pereira proved he can deliver against one of the big teams with his 9 point haul against City during the Christmas but I can't see Leicester getting much from their next three.

Doherty's form is a little bit of a worry. The next few GWs will tell a lot. Replacing him with Kolasinac looks like a very easy switch though if his form doesn't improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

dahat wrote: »
    I put Doherty in on wildcard but only as a placeholder until Leicesters fixtures take a turn for the good. He should repay investment until seasons end all going well.

Yeah have GW27 as the week to get in Perrreira and Son

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

At what point in price will people start selling Salah to spread the cash and hopefully use differential elsewhere? Worth a punt if chasing and a wildy at ones disposal

Advertisement