Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Can’t understand the rush to get Higuain
    31 years old. Never played in league before . Not exactly a robust number 9. Always a touch below what’s needed at the highest level. Moves to Juve and finds a bit of form but Not setting the world on fire this season .........
    Morata mk2

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

km79 wrote: »
    31 years old. Never played in league before . Not exactly a robust number 9. Always a touch below what’s needed at the highest level. Moves to Juve and finds a bit of form but Not setting the world on fire this season .........
    Morata mk2

I've been a fan of Gonzalo on and off over the last decade, he has been fairly consistent.
    And if Chelsea are hoping the strong finish to the season that they need , he should hit form

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Morata mk2

He's had a good-to-fantastic scoring record at every club he's ever been at and at international level, to be fair. It wasn't just him finding some form at Juve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Higuain in for Bobby is most likely to happen for me
    Neville wears Prada need something to change up front

So your going to take out the second most in form striker who Is playing in a team scoring bags of goals for fun, and replace him with an unknown quality in the PL, who has joined a team that don’t score goals for fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Higuain in for Bobby is most likely to happen for me
    Neville wears Prada need something to change up front

As a fellow Neville Wears Prada team name, I wouldn’t rush into this transfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Higuain is a poor mans giroud. Giroud won a World Cup without scoring a goal

elefant wrote: »
    He's had a good-to-fantastic scoring record at every club he's ever been at and at international level, to be fair. It wasn't just him finding some form at Juve.

Who then loaned him to Milan for some reason.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

Who then loaned him to Milan for some reason.......

Because they signed a little player called Cristiano Ronaldo...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Higuain is a poor mans giroud. Giroud won a World Cup without scoring a goal

What do you mean by this?

They're totally different types of players imo. Giroud is a good player but brings a lot more to the team than just goals. Every French person you'll talk to will laud the hard work and link up play he brought to that French team. He was a crucial part of that win. But yes, as a FF asset probably not a good move.

Higuain is the opposite. He's just a fantastic finisher and goalscorer. I'm not sure if he'll work his bollocks off or be particularly exceptional with his link up play, but this is a guy who is proven over his entire career to get goals.

To be at a better than 1 in 2 ratio over nearly 600 career games is something very few strikers can boast.

The guy scored 36 league goals in 35 games under Sarri just 3 years ago. Giroud has never put up numbers like this.

With the numbers Higuain has put up over such a large sample size, surely any serious FF manager is at least keeping a lcose eye on him over his first couple of appearances?

It could all go wrong for him, there's a lot of unknowns, but if you look at some recent imports like Ibra and Aubameyang they hit the ground running. Forget about whether Higuian is in that league as a player, as a goalscorer he's certainly up there.

It will of course all depend on price, but there are rumours of 9.5. I don't think it's at all absurd for those of us owning Firmino who essentially plays as a number 10 midfielder (the wrong type of OOP) and has very few double-digit hauls, to be considering a straight swap for a greedy number 9 goal machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Higuain in the game @ £9.5 million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I have the money for him. Fixtures are ok... it is tempting at 9.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭boccy23

Does he not remind everyone of Falcao at united? Certainly does me.

Because they signed a little player called Cristiano Ronaldo...

Oh yes LOL

But it probably makes hazard more interesting

I will prob hold Alli and suck up a price drop
    Another week to look at Jota and then I’d have cash to upgrade jiminez to “someone “

Didn’t realize he has worked under Sarri before
    I am getting interested
    Maybe very .........
    Alli to Jota might happen then wait ......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Auba > Higuain and Richarlison> Pogba is greatly tempting me. I need something to turn my season around, I really fancy him to hit the ground running

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I think Higuain will do well the 1st few GW's then teams will have the measure of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

9.5 is exactly the price Higuain should be.

not too low that it's a no-brainer to risk it and not too high that you won't find it tempting.

my problem is that all the value is in midfield. I'm not sure that I'm going to be willing to free up the funds needed.

this will obviously change if he hits the ground running.

Was he playing much this year and scoring ?

Is he arriving match fit ?

[quote="[Deleted User];109228340"

Is he arriving match fit ?[/quote]

That’s my main concern
    He is a portly chap at the best of times

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

6 goals in 15 league games.

Started out the season well, but has cooled off recently, which I would attribute to Milan's injury crisis in midfield, he has had nobody creating chances for him.

Has been playing every game so I would expect him to be match fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭boccy23

I suppose we also have to take the Sari effect into account. Had his best season in Napoli.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

9.5 is a lot for a striker not on pens

spock. wrote: »
    9.5 is a lot for a striker not on pens

Like firmino .........who is playing centre midfield !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

km79 wrote:
    Like firmino .........who is playing centre midfield !

Yeah I haven't owned Firmino all season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

That’s my main concern
    He is a portly chap at the best of times

I think calling him portly is being polite.

I remember the Spurs game v Juventus and he done nothing all game but then came alive to score one and assist (or at least heavily involved) the other and then did nothing the rest of the game and I think got subbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Per Ted Knutson on Twitter:
    His trending the last two seasons - and especially his shot volume from 12 yards or closer, which has a knock on for xG - is VERY worrying.

spock. wrote: »
    Yeah I haven't owned Firmino all season

I may be interested in hazard if they get a DGW
    I will leave higuain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I may be interested in hazard if they get a DGW
    I will leave higuain

Unless of course he swaggers in scoring for fun then an early DGW is announced and the world is getting him rather than Hazard because he's cheaper....

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Guessing he isn't registered for the Spurs game tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Guessing he isn't registered for the Spurs game tonight?

He isn’t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Think I'll see how he gets on against Bournemouth and if looking dangerous, might bring him in for the Huddersfield game.

Advertisement