Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

Mixed feelings myself. Don't feel 9.5 is too bad for a 1st choice striker for a top 6 team.

However, He's a few years off his best, and back then he was basically a flat track bully.

If he clicks with Hazard he could do well, and with Sarri he will be guaranteed a start in a Chelsea team that will dominate possession in most games.

I've doubts about Chelsea after that Arsenal game - if Hazard isn't playing well then that midfield with Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante etc doesn't offer a huge pile of creativity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

steve_r wrote: »
    Mixed feelings myself. Don't feel 9.5 is too bad for a 1st choice striker for a top 6 team.

However, He's a few years off his best, and back then he was basically a flat track bully.

If he clicks with Hazard he could do well, and with Sarri he will be guaranteed a start in a Chelsea team that will dominate possession in most games.

I've doubts about Chelsea after that Arsenal game - if Hazard isn't playing well then that midfield with Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante etc doesn't offer a huge pile of creativity.

Like a less mobile Diego Costa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Like a less mobile Diego Costa?

Yeah and I think as grumpy but not as nasty either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Arnie extends his contract with West Ham.

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1089281576079319040

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

F1ngers wrote: »
    Arnie extends his contract with West Ham.

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1089281576079319040

It's added performance based incentives before he's off in the summer may make him a decent asset now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Get back in my team you Scallywag

km79 wrote: »
    Get back in my team you Scallywag

I’m finding it hard to fit him in.

I currently have Aubameyang, Jimenez and Rashford.

I definitely want one of Lacazette or Aubameyang for the next several weeks.

It’s near impossible to drop Rashford at the minute.

So the final striker spot is up for grabs and it’s hard to drop Jimenez because of the value he represents.

If I were to drop him it would likely to be for Ings (if he could just stay away from niggling injuries) or Niasse.

Arnoutavic does like an injury himself so I’m just not sure about throwing him back into my team so easily. We also don’t know where his head is at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

callaway92 wrote: »
    Per Ted Knutson on Twitter:

This...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I dont have Jota but if I sign him. I could BB with speroni digne jota ings. Assuming speroni is going to play it would be a fairly strong BB.

I dont have Jota but if I sign him. I could BB with speroni digne jota ings. Assuming speroni is going to play it would be a fairly strong BB.

If by some miracle button could hold his place for 25 I will be bench boosting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Kepa
    Digne - Doherty - Robertson
    Sterling - Pogba - Eriksen - Fraser - Salah
    Rashford - Jiminez

Button - Llorente - Bednarek - AWB

Bench Boost? I bench boost right? I do still have a FT but I want to save it to help bring back in Auba after City.

MattD wrote: »
    Kepa
    Rashford - Jiminez

Bench Boost? I bench boost right? I do still have a FT but I want to save it to help bring back in Auba after City.
    I have 3 of your subs
    I have deulofeu instead of Llorente
    Never considered BB

Kepa
    Rashford - Jiminez

I have 3 of your subs
    I have deulofeu instead of Llorente
    Never considered BB

Kepa
    Rashford - Jiminez

Ryan might play over button

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Would Salah be a shout for TC tomorrow nite? With the latter two DGWs being taken up with BB and FH, City rotating like motherf**kers, and not wanting to touch Hazard it could be a good week.
    Leicester are muck, close to sacking their manager, Liverpool have had a good rest and don’t play again until Monday
    Plus if VVD is out you wouldn’t bet on them getting a CS so they’ll have to go all out attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Green&Red wrote: »
    Would Salah be a shout for TC tomorrow nite? With the latter two DGWs being taken up with BB and FH, City rotating like motherf**kers, and not wanting to touch Hazard it could be a good week.
    Leicester are muck, close to sacking their manager, Liverpool have had a good rest and don’t play again until Monday
    Plus if VVD is out you wouldn’t bet on them getting a CS so they’ll have to go all out attack

I wouldn’t think this will be the best opportunity you’ll have before the season ends. Worst case scenario dump it on the last day of the season goalfest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

CSF wrote: »
    I wouldn’t think this will be the best opportunity you’ll have before the season ends. Worst case scenario dump it on the last day of the season goalfest

Before they play in the CL final?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Green&Red wrote: »
    Before they play in the CL final?

Love the optimism

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Hey guys. Bench one of: Jimenez, Digne, Trippier, or Matip? Currently on Digne but I think Trips might possibly be benched tomorrow after playing on Sunday. Matip looks like he’ll start?

BB cancelled all 3 palace keepers are fit. Major benching dilemma now. Need to bench 2 from lindelof, doherty, digne, pedro, ings, jiminez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

BB cancelled all 3 palace keepers are fit. Major benching dilemma now. Need to bench 2 from lindelof, doherty, digne, pedro, ings, jiminez.

How big a difference would a sub keeper really make to a BB I wonder? I know it's good to be optimistic but realistically the maximum you would get is 6pts, with 2pts being more than likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

sheroman01 wrote: »
    How big a difference would a sub keeper really make to a BB I wonder? I know it's good to be optimistic but realistically the maximum you would get is 6pts, with 2pts being more than likely.

If you're using your bench boost in a single gameweek you definitely want all four of your bench to start given the majority of people will use theirs in a double gameweek.

sheroman01 wrote: »

Id always want to go into it feeling like all 15 players should play.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dicky2016

Who is the ideal captain choice for GW25?
    Aguero??
    To get him I would have to - 4 with Hazard departing.
    Or could gamble on sterling/KDB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,905 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm very confused as to the double gameweek.
    Like who of Aguero and Jesus will get to play or will it be split between them?
    Who of Sterling, Bilva, Sane, Mahrez will get two games?
    Then you have Dilva, DeBruyne and Foden as well.
    I'm fearful of bringing in and Captaining any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Id always want to go into it feeling like all 15 players should play.

Exactly, people tend to focus too much on the quality of the 15 rather than the 4.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Likely going with Laporte, Sterling and Aguero. Not sure I'll captain any of them.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Exactly, people tend to focus too much on the quality of the 15 rather than the 4.

Staggering how may people, especially on Twitter that see BB as being about 15 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Dicky2016 wrote: »
    Who is the ideal captain choice for GW25?
    Aguero??
    To get him I would have to - 4 with Hazard departing.
    Or could gamble on sterling/KDB

Not worth it all with Haz at home to Huds imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Slightly tempted to BB but I'd need a 0-0 in the Southampton/Palace game, all 4 players involved in it :D

Advertisement