Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

manual_man wrote: »
    Danny Ward to Leicester for edit* £12.5m. Could be a £4.5m fpl starter :) more likely Schmeichel moves to Chelsea now I suppose

Would have been even sweeter if he was priced at 4 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

km79 wrote: »
    Everton close to signing Richarlison from Watford in a deal worth £50m https://t.co/bvG5OsGDW0 via @MailOnline

Was looking at Walcott with Evertons early season fixtures but Ricky could be my man now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Was looking at Walcott with Evertons early season fixtures but Ricky could be my man now.

Siggy being one ml extra could make me regretfully not have him
    If he is central and in set pieces though........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Siggy needs runners and to be played at 10, Ricky on the left running behind defenders could be a big plus for both.

6.5 for Ricky who is well rested after no break last year could just swing it his way.

dahat wrote: »
    Siggy needs runners and to be played at 10, Ricky on the left running behind defenders could be a big plus for both.

6.5 for Ricky who is well rested after no break last year could just swing it his way.

Will siggy start the season ? Iceland went out early so would assume so and he missed end of season too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Will siggy start the season ? Iceland went out early so would assume so and he missed end of season too

Back training today and on the plane for pre season friendly this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FPL 2018/19 could have me starting with Siggy & Mata... Solid reliables but pretty retro.

dahat wrote: »
    FPL 2018/19 could have me starting with Siggy & Mata... Solid reliables but pretty retro.

Genuinely in my team for now
    Along with a few other old favs

I didn't enjoy last season. At all. So i kind of decided to own a few of them again for the craic. And now it seems it may even make sense for a bit!

But I am now also considering rotating Foster with Fabiasnki. So I clearly still hate myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Giving strong consideration to Fabianski + 4.0. Is it madness to have a West Ham goalkeeper as set and forget?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Giving strong consideration to Fabianski + 4.0. Is it madness to have a West Ham goalkeeper as set and forget?

2 new CB's that I've never seen play again. Could go either way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Atsu on penalties seemingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wan-Bissaka starts again for Palace. Tempting to take the punt on him now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Wan-Bissaka starts again for Palace. Tempting to take the punt on him now.

He's only 4m. Probably looking like the best 4m option at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

This is far from perfect as the creator acknowledges, but handy nonetheless:

https://twitter.com/simonbrundish/status/1020591240218374144?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

This is a good article and a very handy tool.....

https://twitter.com/InfernoSix/status/1020739812981174272?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The Zaha/Tosun/Arnie conundrum will be giving me serious sleepless nights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

CSF wrote: »
    The Zaha/Tosun/Arnie conundrum will be giving me serious sleepless nights.

Zaha in my current draft, I think over the course of the season that Arnie is the best shout but Crystal Palace have much nicer opening fixtures.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Zaha in my current draft, I think over the course of the season that Arnie is the best shout but Crystal Palace have much nicer opening fixtures.

Tosun the most natural a goalscorer of the 3 though. He’s the one in my current draft.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Paper talk of Zaha wanting away, Everton and Dortmund interested, apparently.

• Advertisement

Tosun the most natural a goalscorer of the 3 though. He’s the one in my current draft.

Dont disagree but is he nailed on? And I think Siggy is a better Everton cover.

Dont disagree but is he nailed on? And I think Siggy is a better Everton cover.

I think he is. Sigurdsson will have to step up in a bigger way in his 2nd season to be a better option IMO. If Tosun can carry on his goal rate from last season and end up with about 13/14 goals I will not be heartbroken. At the moment I’m looking at a 13.5 Richarlison/Tosun commitment to Everton’s early decent fixtures.

I think he is. Sigurdsson will have to step up in a bigger way in his 2nd season to be a better option IMO. If Tosun can carry on his goal rate from last season and end up with about 13/14 goals I will not be heartbroken. At the moment I’m looking at a 13.5 Richarlison/Tosun commitment to Everton’s early decent fixtures.
    Coleman/Siggy myself for same reasons, I'm an old romantic at heart, cant let the old reliables go, too many good memories :D

Coleman/Siggy myself for same reasons, I'm an old romantic at heart, cant let the old reliables go, too many good memories :D

I’m closely monitoring that 4.5 Everton defender situation. If they don’t sign one then somebody is a starter and with the transfer deadline closing beforehand, we will know.

I’m closely monitoring that 4.5 Everton defender situation. If they don’t sign one then somebody is a starter and with the transfer deadline closing beforehand, we will know.

I think Coleman could be worth the extra too though. He's arguably under priced.

FHFC wrote: »
    I think Coleman could be worth the extra too though. He's arguably under priced.
    I'm sitting here racking my brains trying to fit Sane, Salah, Sanchez and Aguero into the same team. Coleman is unlikely to fit that bill unless I try a new approach.

I'm sitting here racking my brains trying to fit Sane, Salah, Sanchez and Aguero into the same team. Coleman is unlikely to fit that bill unless I try a new approach.

I thought about Sanchez and then I decided against all United attacker until Pogba is available.

Jose is just too defensive for my liking. Sanchez scored big playing for an attacking Arsenal team. I’m just not willing to spend that much on a United attacker.

The big difficulty I’m having is going with Salah and a 6m striker or Mane and Firmino.

Fear alone, which is a shame, has me thinking Salah and probably Austin or Niasse.

I'm tempted but not convinced by Sanchez too. Are you ever gonna Captain him? Too much money if not.

I'm thinking of playing the 'value' game a bit more this season. That principle isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if you have Salah and gonna almost certainly captain every week at least initially I definitely don't think you need another 3 premium players.

http://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/1020929680017436673
    Martial linked to Chelsea to replace hazard. Would be the best value player in the game if that happened
    Loads of stories in all papers about him still wanting to leave too

• Advertisement

http://twitter.com/DuncanCastles/status/1020929680017436673
    Martial linked to Chelsea to replace hazard. Would be the best value player in the game if that happened
    Loads of stories in all papers about him still wanting to leave too

Yeah I’d be all over that but I’m not sure I could see Jose doing that deal.

Advertisement