Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I live in the Midlands and it is fine all around here. I think the snow has mostly hit Wales so Premier League games should be OK, Cardiff-Bournemouth being the main one to watch out for.

London bad reportedly also right? Hearing some train services off etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Where we are they have mini gritters out going along the pavements I'm sure the council's do the same around stadiums to make sure it's safe to get to. Does seem unlikely games would be called off these days it's not even that cold. Let's be thankful it's not America cold or nothing would probably working at all for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

CSF wrote: »
    London bad reportedly also right? Hearing some train services off etc.

yeah this morning was a bit chaotic, London got 5-10cm in places, clearing up already though and forecast better for tomorrow so I'd be shocked if it had any affect on games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Crouch = 4.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

KevIRL wrote: »
    Crouch = 4.5

He's at least 6'7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Sane captained ahead of Sterling
    Gonna hang on to hazard even tho im not convinced the can beat Huddersfield

He is definitely closer to 6'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Cartman78 wrote: »
    As promised, here's the latest headwrecker/squad planning sheet.

I've put a column in for player value - at the minute this will be manual but I'll have a look at automating something if I get time and, more importantly, access to a player database.

I've added the European games as well which might be useful I think - not 100% sure if I've got them in between the right gameweeks so let me know if there's anything incorrect and I'll update.

Just to note as well - as with the previous sheet, the 3 letter team name (ARS, CHE etc) is the main driver for the formulas so player name isn't critical at the minute so you can fire away with KDB, Bavies etc. This might change if I manage to get my hands on the pricing information.

Just wondering if Cartman78 is planning on putting together a spreadsheet for the upcoming Blanks and Doubles mayhem this season . Or if its been done and I'm completely obvious.

I've been using and swearing by the preseason squad spreadsheet all season, but I'm terrified of trying to alter it and break it :confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Glad to hear someone is using my spreadsheet....I haven't been using as much as I should lately.

I must have a look at the DGW situation this week if I get a chance.

My source data last season was kinda pilfered from Ben Crelin....not sure if it's as readily available this year

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Glad to hear someone is using my spreadsheet....I haven't been using as much as I should lately.

My source data last season was kinda pilfered from Ben Crelin....not sure if it's as readily this year

I constantly use it. Helped me decide to go adam smith over tompkins or bednarek for this weeks transfer. Sometimes too much information and knowledge of future blanks can be a hindrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

My source data last season was kinda pilfered from Ben Crelin....not sure if it's as readily this year

Oh I hope you do :D:D

It's great, I've found it very handy and in cells below the ticker try to map out changes in the fixtures for teams, such as Leicester starting a good run in GW 27 for eg.

I have been half watching Ben Crelin on Twitter and he does seem to posting a bit different this year compared to others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Bournemouth conceded 2 goals today....against Cardiff.
    Not entirely sure of DGWs yet, Liverpool not involved in one thats for sure.
    Liverpool not in the FA cup, so 10 break between Bournemouth and Bayern Munich.
    Salah, at home, to Bournemouth, GW26, (and not an early KO!).

Feels wrong TC'ing in a sgw, but it's so, so tempting.

If he scores well on Monday, it'll be extra tempting....

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

50 points on the pitch , with 8 active games to be played double GW) saying prayers to keano and zizou

If Salah or Aguero outshine sane this week I am fxed in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Biggest meltdown of the season?
    He was inside the top 3k after GW 11 but a few little things didn’t go his way.
    He seems to have lost the plot and has stared hitting the -40s over the last few weeks :pac:

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/entry/2750/history

He took a -76 this week. Looks to be going for a #1 GW rank

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Bournemouth conceded 2 goals today....against Cardiff.
    Not entirely sure of DGWs yet, Liverpool not involved in one thats for sure.
    Liverpool not in the FA cup, so 10 break between Bournemouth and Bayern Munich.
    Salah, at home, to Bournemouth, GW26, (and not an early KO!).

Feels wrong TC'ing in a sgw, but it's so, so tempting.

If he scores well on Monday, it'll be extra tempting....

Well, he certainly didn't score well. It at least puts off hope of a TC next gw anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Currently sitting in 6th in the FSA qualifying league. Think Missing Links I top(?)

Tight league. Could do with Sterling going nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Currently sitting in 6th in the FSA qualifying league. Think Missing Links I top(?)

Yep...tough league indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

One of the hardest leagues there is. I got out a few years back and even then a 2k finish didn't get me top spot! Dread to think what it's like now!

I'm just ahead of ya! We both got 89pts so far this gameweek and both have 1532 pts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Can we consider McNeil as pretty nailed for Burnley now? Looking at a cheap mid enabler but also one that will suit me in skinny gw's 31 and 33. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Ha ha brilliant, Pep the ultimate troll

Pick 1 to start from these three?

AWB (WHU), Digne (wat), Bednerak (CAR).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Who to start from these?

AWB (WHU), Digne (wat), Bednerak (CAR).

Bednarek and AWB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

sheroman01 wrote:
    Who to start from these?

Chesty08 wrote:
    Bednarek and AWB

I concur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Pick 2 from Laporte AWB Bednarek Tarkowski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

manual_man wrote: »
    Pick 2 from Laporte AWB Bednarek Tarkowski

Ooooh tough

Tarkowski a no

Bedranek & Laporte just edge it for me

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Bednarek and AWB
    I concur.

Sorry, meant to sat pick 1. I had AWB, then switched to Digne. Might switch back to AWB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Bednarek and AWB
    I concur.

Sorry, meant to sat pick 1. I had AWB, then switched to Digne. Might switch back to AWB.
    I have those 3
    I’m gone bednarek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Head is melted trying to choose a GK.
    Just go with Etheridge for 6 weeks?

Advertisement