Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

AdpRo wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened FHFC? He seems to have dropped out of all his leagues bar the FSA premier league and the FInn Harps league?
    Was just chatting to him there on the Tweetbook and all I can say is that it is suspiciously coincidental that his disappearance from the FPL scene comes at the same time as the record Euromillions win comes from an Irish syndicate.

Sources close to FHFC were neither able to confirm or deny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Let's keep an eye out and see if Finn Harps make any glamour signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Lads I still have my free hit, bench boost and triple captain still to use and also still have the wildcard to use.

I'm doing well in my leagues as well so when's best to start using these can anyone recommend?

really depends on your current team... the common thought on it is use FTs to build towards 31 & 33 (blank gmwks) then:

FH 32 (dgw with more to be added)
    WC 34
    BB 35 (probable dgw)

TC is TBD... hopefully there'll be a surprise DGW to use it. if not... just pick a week & hope for the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

If Rodgers goes to Leicester then Leicester attacking players look appealing cos of his style of football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rodgers to Leicester is done, per many reliable journalists on Twitter.

Feeling better about my Maddison and Vardy double up now given his style of play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Paully D wrote: »
    Rodgers to Leicester is done, per many reliable journalists on Twitter.

Feeling better about my Maddison and Vardy double up now given his style of play.

Someone like Gray might benefit from his encouragement too.

Long term I actually think he should clear Vardy, Morgan, Schmeichel etc out if can get replacements as they are obviously exerting too much influence at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    If Rodgers goes to Leicester then Leicester attacking players look appealing cos of his style of football

That is my decision made

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Not sure if it was mentioned in this forum already but Lacazette is suspended for both legs of Arsenal’s tie against Rennes. That throws a spanner in the works for Auba owners like myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Not sure if it was mentioned in this forum already but Lacazette is suspended for both legs of Arsenal’s tie against Rennes. That throws a spanner in the works for Auba owners like myself.

Yeah I think they'll be flipped in their duties. Auba will have to go. It's usually a one match ban but obviously they decided that elbow was a little much.

My partner’s team, ahem, aka secret sausage is proving there’s always time and also aggression can work -

GW 24 - 1.1m

GW 25 - 631k

GW 26 - 485k

GW 27 - 376k

GW 28 - 235k

That team had been hovering between 700k and 1m for 20 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My partner’s team, ahem, aka secret sausage is proving there’s always time and also aggression can work -

GW 24 - 1.1m

GW 25 - 631k

GW 26 - 485k

GW 27 - 376k

GW 28 - 235k

That team had been hovering between 700k and 1m for 20 weeks.
    Give an example of some of the agressive transfers, what does the team look like now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Give an example of some of the agressive transfers, what does the team look like now?

I've had a similar run.

1.4m to 267k in the last 5 GWs. First off, it's easier to jump when your that far behind. I wouldn't say you need to be crazy agressive, in general, things just went right.

Aguero & Sterling have more than played their part, TCd Aguero GW25
    Mane 41points vs Salah 18points has as well.
    Played FH in GW27 and took a few punts like (C)ane.

Shedite27 wrote: »

12-16 points in hits since GW 25.

Brought in Aguero and TC for that hat-trick. Brought in Sane the same week then shipped him the following week for Mane.

Some of the players in over those weeks -

Aguero, Sane, Mane, Anderson, Lacazette, Mkhitaryan, Rondon, Vardy

Out - Aubameyang, Sane, Aguero, Martial, Willian, Firmino, Kamara, Foster

Siggy, Mkhitaryan and captain Vardy nice differentials midweek.

Currently have 7 for GW 31.

Team value is very very low though.

Scores over the last few weeks in reverse -

83, 63, 85, 106,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    11 red arrows in row for Ville Ronka and he’s gone from 800 OR to 44k! :eek:

Another red arrow for Ville and he’s down to 63k :eek:

It seems he’s in desperate need of a wildcard to fix his team but is holding out after building towards the blanks.

Jay Egersdorff is ranked 560k! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Ranieri gone according to Sky News

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Ranieri gone according to Sky News

Get fat Sam in there so we can all jump on the Fulham defenders top price of 4.8 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Get fat Sam in there so we can all jump on the Fulham defenders top price of 4.8 :D

Scott Parker appointed.

lads... would it be total madness to captain Hazard (ful) over Sterling (bou)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

lads... would it be total madness to captain Hazard (ful) over Sterling (bou)?

Neither is madness . Both should score points. Tough choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

really depends on your current team... the common thought on it is use FTs to build towards 31 & 33 (blank gmwks) then:

FH 32 (dgw with more to be added)
    WC 34
    BB 35 (probable dgw)

TC is TBD... hopefully there'll be a surprise DGW to use it. if not... just pick a week & hope for the best

Can you explain your reasoning here?

Is there any kind of chart we can follow to see what is a double gameweek etc?

Lots of teams not playing GW31, would it not be better to use free hit here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Blanco100 wrote: »

There is a complete dedicated thread to this discussion linked here. Some people have tried to explain their strategy for playing their chips in that.

On the linked page there is another link to a spreadsheet that has been made up to represent the information about the bare game weeks and the double game weeks.

I have decided myself to play the free hit on the bare game week 31 and then try play another chip on the double game week. Some seem to be saying by having a free hit team they can get together the best players for the double game week and are trying to transfer in players for the bare game weeks in 31 and 33 but I would prefer just to use my transfers to get out players not in form and bringing in ones that are getting more points. My choice leaves me likely to be short a full team in game week 33 if I am understanding what has been said correctly.

Blanco100 wrote: »

what i'm saying is if you get 9, 10 or 11 players out in 31 (which is confirmed fixtures) with just FTs then this would be wise imo.

you can then FH in 32 which is a dgw but there should be more doubles added in the coming weeks

33 will lose a few games but this wont be a worry as your team will revert to you 31 team (pre FH) & you'll be set up ok

34 is a regular week so WC then to allow you to BB in 35 (more doubles to be added)

this is by no means the best option for everyone! but with unknowns in fixtures it suits many to play the chips this way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Nuno has revealed that John Ruddy will start in goal tomorrow: "John Ruddy's going to play tomorrow, we consider it's the right moment to prepare him for what's coming in front of us (the FA Cup). It's the right moment to get some time competition and be stronger."

Nuno has revealed that John Ruddy will start in goal tomorrow: "John Ruddy's going to play tomorrow, we consider it's the right moment to prepare him for what's coming in front of us (the FA Cup). It's the right moment to get some time competition and be stronger."

I approve of this message

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Why do I still own Patricio? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wow didn’t see that coming
    Eyes firmly on FA Cup for the manager so
    It’s time to sell at least Jota for me

km79 wrote: »
    Wow didn’t see that coming
    Eyes firmly on FA Cup for the manager so
    It’s time to sell at least Jota for me

Jota should be fine this gw. Patricio hasn't been great lately. That and perhaps Nuno is just now realising the hero that JR is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Looking for some opinions -

Have all my chips left and I'm half considering using my BB this GW. Have always thought that if a decent opportunity comes to use a BB in a SGW I'd consider it and I think I have that now.

Haven't made my transfers yet but bench players will likely be:

Guaita (bur)
    Diop (NEW) or maybe Kolasinac (tot)
    Anderson (NEW)
    AWB (bur)

This would mean I could go for a very strong 11 in a GW34 WC and largely ignore my bench and then use TC in DGW 35.

Alternative would have been to go for a strong WC squad in 34, BB in 35 and use TC in a SGW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Morzadec wrote: »
    Looking for some opinions -

Have all my chips left and I'm half considering using my BB this GW. Have always thought that if a decent opportunity comes to use a BB in a SGW I'd consider it and I think I have that now.

Haven't made my transfers yet but bench players will likely be:

Guaita (bur)
    Diop (NEW) or maybe Kolasinac (tot)
    Anderson (NEW)
    AWB (bur)

This would mean I could go for a very strong 11 in a GW34 WC and largely ignore my bench and then use TC in DGW 35.

Alternative would have been to go for a strong WC squad in 34, BB in 35 and use TC in a SGW.

As always said it's all about your bench. Nothing else. Well other than making sure your 11 are going to play.... Whether you want to go with them is your decision. They all have alright fixtures. Have to replace AWB obivously. Guaita is still playing right? Maybe depending on two from West Ham could scupper you. Try imagine what your bench might be in the double GW and compare.

Sorry I see AWB is fit. Burnley have been having a good run though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Why do I still own Patricio? :o

Infuriating that the FPL twitter account has tweeted this news out and all. The spoon feeding does take away from the game in a big way.

Ear to the ground used to be a big part to the skill of the game.

Advertisement