Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

CSF wrote: »
    Infuriating that the FPL twitter account has tweeted this news out and all. The spoon feeding does take away from the game in a big way.

Ear to the ground used to be a big part to the skill of the game.

It's not been the same since Mairead McGuiness left the show.

I'll get my coat.

I know there’s a couple of Hammers knocking about in here.

I’m struggling to work out the striker situation at West Ham.

I know Arnie was unwell midweek but did he sign a new contract just to better his wage for a new club in the summer ? Is he just coasting ?

Carroll started against City but no sign of him today.

Chicarito is getting minutes so is he second or third choice ?

If Arnie stays for does he start every game now ?

If he got injured tomorrow who would start in his absence ?

It all seems a tad hard to call.

The reason I’m asking is because I’m thinking of selling Jimenez so maybe I shouldn’t even be asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I know Arnie was unwell midweek but did he sign a new contract just to better his wage for a new club in the summer ? Is he just coasting ?

The reason I’m asking is because I’m thinking of selling Jimenez so maybe I shouldn’t even be asking.

You have answered your own question
    Steer clear

km79 wrote: »
    You have answered your own question
    Steer clear

And if any team could play 6 midfielders and no striker it’s West Ham.

They’ve some amount of attacking midfielders available.

Antonio could play the lone bull up top too.

Arnoutavic owned by under 7% and could be a great differential so he is very very tempting with their upcoming fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

As far as my understanding goes forget Carroll and well you haven't mentioned perez but don't because he won't get a look in Carroll will be used for emergencies he's been told hes out at the end of the season. Arnie has got his new contract was benched as a message against palace and Fulham done enough in the Fulham game to warrant a start against city but had the virus which scuppered the game plan of pace up top suprised he didn't start today may have been because Newcastle generally sit so deep away from home meaning no space for him behind but thats just my thinking out loud. Hernandez has looked alot more interested in recent weeks but is wasted as a lone striker but now that we are winning games and Cardiff and Huddersfield are unlikely to play a high line arnie could be in trouble. But again today he was very lively and looked out to make an impression after coming on. Not much help but I would think if he starts the next game he will continue to start if not it could be 33 before he gets a starting chance.

Fwiw I got him this week and will see how next week plays out before making a decision with lanzini and Anderson behind he could blow up. Antonio will be kept to the right wing there's talk yarmalenko will be back in a few weeks so that will make him a rotation risk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

YEah to be honest I haven't a clue. Man City was a throwaway game, Carroll was there just to keep players fresh for the weekend.

As I see it:
    Anderson starts every game on the left.
    In teh centre Lanzini is the main man, but just coming back from a long term injury so Nasri will get some gametime
    On the right, Snodgrass looks the managers favorite, with Antonio getting a bit of a run at times.
    Up top then Arnie is far better player from anyone looking in, but has injury and attitude concerns. So it's hard to know how many games he and Arnie will get each

FWIW, here's Peligrini's comments pre-Newcastle
    "We have had less than 72 hours to prepare. We made some changes against City to have some players fresh for tomorrow.

"The problem is not when you have too many players, it's when you don't.

"We have four strikers fit, we have wingers too and we are prepared for the last part of the season."

Yeah it’s not clear is it.

Maybe the manager will just play his best team and that team has to include Arnoutavic.

Some tasty fixtures coming up.

Feels wrong to be selling my best singing of this FPL season, in Jimenez, to be buying someone as unpredictable as Arnoutavic.

Suppose I’ve another 6 days to deliberate the **** out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

The big question for me about WH is will Balbuena come straight back into the starting team? I need a Bennett replacement and Balbuena looks like the best option based on price and fixtures, particularly if he drops again which is not far off happening. The safer option is just pay a bit more for Diop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    The big question for me about WH is will Balbuena come straight back into the starting team? I need a Bennett replacement and Balbuena looks like the best option based on price and fixtures, particularly if he drops again which is not far off happening. The safer option is just pay a bit more for Diop.

Id hold off for a couple of weeks he's missed a decent period if he was getting back fit a month ago he would have been straight back in but ogbonna is doing well at the moment making it harder to drop him I can see balbuena being eased back in for a couple of weeks and then once ogbonna slips up he will be back in. Diop should be safe enough him and balbuena had a great partnership in the early part of the year

Reid back soon too. Diop is the safest bet.

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Reid back soon too. Diop is the safest bet.

Real likeable player and good quality too but will he last more than 45 minutes on his return before a new injury ?

Anyone got any fancies for a bit of a fun punt? Lukaku? Mkhitaryan? Lacazette? Almiron? Looking toget away from the high ownership players for the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Anyone got any fancies for a bit of a fun punt? Lukaku? Mkhitaryan? Lacazette? Almiron? Looking toget away from the high ownership players for the next few weeks

I think I fancy a bit of Mikhi myself. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I think I fancy a bit of Mikhi myself. ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR20k51pSiA3yTdYl1dTgSTjw7SDbIU4LcXs8FD3sDcaSvgwsK1fw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

I know this may be known to many but if you are carrying two FT's and use the Free hit, you will only have one transfer for the following gameweek.

I'm looking at FH for GW31 so I need to use my transfer this week.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/666443

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

steve_r wrote: »
    I know this may be known to many but if you are carrying two FT's and use the Free hit, you will only have one transfer for the following gameweek.

I'm looking at FH for GW31 so I need to use my transfer this week.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/666443

Always worth putting out a reminder at this time of year as every time this crops up there is always someone who comes in asking where their transfer has gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I should know this but can't remember

I'm going to play my FH in GW32, can I make my one weekly transfer first and then use my free hit or does making a transfer automatically put me out of using the FH?

Green&Red wrote: »

I'm going to play my FH in GW32, can I make my one weekly transfer first and then use my free hit or does making a transfer automatically put me out of using the FH?

Yeah that's no problem you can make a transfer and then play a chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeah that's no problem you can make a transfer and then play a chip.

But any transfer made in the same week as you play your FH won't 'stick', will it? The player you sold in that transfer will be back in your squad the following week - right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

loadwire wrote: »
    But any transfer made in the same week as you play your FH won't 'stick', will it? The player you sold in that transfer will be back in your squad the following week - right?

Correct

• Advertisement

loadwire wrote: »

Sorry, that was my real question but I take it from above that I can’t make a transfer with GW35 in mind and then play my FH and put together a team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Sorry, that was my real question but I take it from above that I can’t make a transfer with GW35 in mind and then play my FH and put together a team

hey G&R, hope all's well!

if you FH in 35, your gmwk 36 team will revert to the one you had in 34. i.e. any transfer(s) used after the 34 deadline (for 35) will be cancelled out with the FH

hey G&R, hope all's well!

if you FH in 35, your gmwk 36 team will revert to the one you had in 34. i.e. any transfer(s) used after the 34 deadline (for 35) will be cancelled out with the FH

Thanks

All is going great ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeah you "lose" that transfer
    If you are carrying 2 ft you will lose both
    Something to bear in mind when planning what week to use it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Keith Flint dead. Ramsey assist... again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I really want to TC Salah at home to burnley...but theres also like a 20% chanve hell be rested for the champs league.

He coild do with a rest.

Or he could also play unreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I really want to TC Salah at home to burnley...but theres also like a 20% chanve hell be rested for the champs league.

He coild do with a rest.

There is ZERO chance Salah is rested for the CL.

Liverpool have lost a 7 point lead in the league, they have to basically win every game from here on out. The league is more important (unless (until?) they screw up at home to Burnley) than the CL to Liverpool this season.

He coild do with a rest.

Have been mulling the same. Just wish there was a bit more form there! Looks like it'll probably 5he best sgw opportunity we'll get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

jimmii wrote: »
    Have been mulling the same. Just wish there was a bit more form there! Looks like it'll probably 5he best sgw opportunity we'll get.
    If you want to TC Salah, then surely Hud (h) is the best opportunity given they have taken some big hammerings to the big teams and will be relegated by then? Car (a) another good opportunity as they have the worst defence in the league and could also be relegated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Thinking of TCing Aguero (Watford at home). Crazy move? (Doubles I'll be using FH and BB).

Week break before and then Schalke in the CL after. Watford recently took a pounding away at Liverpool.

Salah against Huds in 36 as the popular SGW TC option is looking less and less appealing given his recent form. He may not even end up being in my 34 WC team. I'm not sure I'm seeing many more attractive SGW options that this one.

Advertisement