Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Morzadec wrote: »
    Thinking of TCing Aguero (Watford at home). Crazy move? (Doubles I'll be using FH and BB).

Week break before and then Schalke in the CL after. Watford recently took a pounding away at Liverpool.

Salah against Huds in 36 as the popular SGW TC option is looking less and less appealing given his recent form. He may not even end up being in my 34 WC team. I'm not sure I'm seeing many more attractive SGW options that this one.

I'm waiting to see when all games are rescheduled for in case of any surprises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Heard this mentioned on the planet FPL podcast

https://talksport.com/football/504066/jason-puncheon-huddersfield-town-manager-jan-siewert/

Seems he’s a no-go for the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Green&Red wrote: »
    Heard this mentioned on the planet FPL podcast

https://talksport.com/football/504066/jason-puncheon-huddersfield-town-manager-jan-siewert/

Seems he’s a no-go for the season

Oh lovely - only brought him in as a player for GW31 sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

use the triple captain for a double gameweek surely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Blanco100 wrote: »

Kun in gameweek 32 with fixtures against ful and CAR is what I'm hoping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Normally yes but if you have all your chips left then its not so straightforward this season as the other chips offer a higher points expectation for a double. What we really need is a random skinny dgw that just happens to have a heavy hitter with two good fixtures that makes it easy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Rikand wrote: »

I’d be astonished if he got anywhere near to 180 minutes in that DGW, especially with their schedule, Pep’s comments about him being exhausted, and Jesus making his way back from injury.

Of course even 90 minutes from Aguero might well be worth it in any case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Blanco100 wrote:

Rikand wrote:

Paully D wrote:
    Of course even 90 minutes from Aguero might well be worth it in any case!

I thinking of Kane TC in gw38 for spurs vs eve at the new stadium hopefully.

Will depend on whether spurs are still fighting for a top4 finish on the final day or not.

But an Everton team with nothing to play for and players already on the beach could be ideal for someone like Harry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Aguero has not been named in the Argentina squad for their two friendlies in 2 weeks time for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I'm using FH in 32 and likely BB in 35.

There's an argument for using the TC in 35 and BB in a single. But the probable DGW fixtures aren't even that tasty in 35 (e.g. City will likely have United and Spurs).

TC is definitely best in 32, but use it in 32 and you can't use FH in 32. And that looks the best time to use FH with the 31 and 33 blanks either side.

In hindsight, using the TC in the first DGW was certainly the way to go, and not just cos Aguero exploded. To ensure you can use BB, FH and TC all in DGWs, using the TC in a skinny DGW makes the most sense. Annoying because I did this last year with Aguero and I think he only got 9 points over the two matches!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Boruc Or Fabianski tomorrow? Hud (a) or Car (a)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Boruc Or Fabianski tomorrow? Hud (a) or Car (a)

Boruc has higher expected points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Boruc has higher expected points

Boruc or Etheridge?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Morzadec wrote: »
    Thinking of TCing Aguero (Watford at home). Crazy move? (Doubles I'll be using FH and BB).

Week break before and then Schalke in the CL after. Watford recently took a pounding away at Liverpool.

Salah against Huds in 36 as the popular SGW TC option is looking less and less appealing given his recent form. He may not even end up being in my 34 WC team. I'm not sure I'm seeing many more attractive SGW options that this one.

City play on tuesday and after what happened this week cant see them taking this lightly. Aguero will be doing well to see past 60 mins if they are a couple ahead

Boruc or Etheridge?

Etheridge > Fab > Boruc for points expectancy imo. If you're looking for best value this week that would be Guaita.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I had planned to WC this week but it felt far too much like effort....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I might have imagined this, but is there a way of seeing what your team looks like in future game weeks?

In the Points tab, if you click backwards, you'll see the players with GW29 poitns, GW28 points underneath it. I want the opposite, when I click forward I'd like to see what fixtures players have in future GW's

I realise I can do a spredhseeet but thought I used to be able to see this, maybe in another tab or site

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I might have imagined this, but is there a way of seeing what your team looks like in future game weeks?

In the Points tab, if you click backwards, you'll see the players with GW29 poitns, GW28 points underneath it. I want the opposite, when I click forward I'd like to see what fixtures players have in future GW's

I realise I can do a spredhseeet but thought I used to be able to see this, maybe in another tab or site

Not on the fpl site. There are 3rd party sites that do that sort of thing for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Shedite27 wrote:

Www.fantasyfootballfix.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

So, do we captain Mane now over Salah next GW :P?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

With next week's matches I've changed the front 3 . Plagued with injuries and a red card

Harry kane + Rashford + Jimenez OUT
    Vardy + king + Wilson IN

WILL USE WILDCARD NEXT GAMEWEEK

My partner’s team, ahem, aka secret sausage is proving there’s always time and also aggression can work -

GW 24 - 1.1m

GW 25 - 631k

GW 26 - 485k

GW 27 - 376k

GW 28 - 235k

That team had been hovering between 700k and 1m for 20 weeks.

The secret sausage scored 94 this week so the overall is now -

GW 30 - 113k

Haven’t had Salah for any of that improvement period.

Have 7 players for next week and 2 FT’s.

Will continue to pick differentials over the coming weeks when using WC and BB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

GW 30 - 113k

This sausage is on a similar run, 73 sees me (1.38M GW24) up to 206k. A captain fail this week away from a similar GW score and OR.

Salah-less and differentials. 7 players as well thanks to Schar. Feel a -8 incoming.

Only 29 points behind in (a fairly casual) money league. Chips in my favour. Was 100+ adrift 7 GWs ago.

GW 30 - 113k

That's pretty impressive! What's really telling is how often you hear people say they'll never close mini league gaps but in GW24 I was ranked 12k and while secret sausage was 1.1m and now they're right behind me. Shows how much of a gap you can make up even at this stage when things swing your way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,427 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What are people thinking on a triple captain this weekend with Salah?
    Leaving aside the double GWs for BB and FH
    FFS says this is the second highest score there'll be this season, Huddersfield at home is better BUT Fulham have conceded 2 in the last 10 games.
    Add into that I'm winning two monthly comps at the moment, this could put me out of reach with a week to spare. I'm tempted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

Green&Red wrote: »
    What are people thinking on a triple captain this weekend with Salah?
    Leaving aside the double GWs for BB and FH
    FFS says this is the second highest score there'll be this season, Huddersfield at home is better BUT Fulham have conceded 2 in the last 10 games.
    Add into that I'm winning two monthly comps at the moment, this could put me out of reach with a week to spare. I'm tempted

could work great... is there any chance we'll get a dgw outside of 32 & 35? I'm think I'm going to hold off & see

could work great... is there any chance we'll get a dgw outside of 32 & 35? I'm think I'm going to hold off & see

That's what I'm hoping for but we're not going to know in time. I think it's best to wait knowing we have 36 as back up. Also gives Salah the chance to remember how to score by then too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Best thing about free hitting this week is knowing I don't have to do anything to remove these wasters from my team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Best thing about free hitting this week is knowing I don't have to do anything to remove these wasters from my team

But then we get them all back
    With their price drops

Advertisement