Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah I’d be all over that but I’m not sure I could see Jose doing that deal.

Will only be sold to an overseas team I’d imagine
    He did sell Mata to United though so who knows
    He does want Willian .........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm tempted but not convinced by Sanchez too. Are you ever gonna Captain him? Too much money if not.

I'm thinking of playing the 'value' game a bit more this season. That principle isn't everyone's cup of tea, but if you have Salah and gonna almost certainly captain every week at least initially I definitely don't think you need another 3 premium players.

Weirdly I think he’s a great option for week 1. Would I end up doing it? Well I guess that’ll be one of the telling things.

Weirdly I think he’s a great option for week 1. Would I end up doing it? Well I guess that’ll be one of the telling things.

He is one of the standout captaincy options GW1 for me
    When I downgraded him I was basically left with no captain
    I’ve had a feeling for him since I started looking at it so I’ll most likely have him
    Going to have another look later again. Arnie going back in as well . Cant see many better options at that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    He is one of the standout captaincy options GW1 for me
    When I downgraded him I was basically left with no captain
    I’ve had a feeling for him since I started looking at it so I’ll most likely have him
    Going to have another look later again. Arnie going back in as well . Cant see many better options at that price

Yeah fair that hes a good option GW1 but I think you need to play boring early ot a degree.

Salah will be in most teams and highly captained. And could explode against anyone. I don't see past captaining him probably.

In which case Sanchez probably doesn't make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

QWAEGWQ

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah fair that hes a good option GW1 but I think you need to play boring early ot a degree.

Salah will be in most teams and highly captained. And could explode against anyone. I don't see past captaining him probably.

In which case Sanchez probably doesn't make sense.

I won’t have salah ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I won’t have salah ........

What's your thinking behind that? I tried making a team without him but those first three weeks just look too good to pass up on. Current plan is to play safe with him and then move him out for gw4 or 5. Going without him is definitely one way to try and get ahead of the crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

jimmii wrote: »
    What's your thinking behind that? I tried making a team without him but those first three weeks just look too good to pass up on. Current plan is to play safe with him and then move him out for gw4 or 5. Going without him is definitely one way to try and get ahead of the crowd!

My thoughts would be it's much easier to have him and get rid if he doesn't fire and isn't worth the 13m rather than not have him and then he explodes and trying to fit him in for 13. Although most will be on an early wc anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

What are people thinking re City assets? Given their fixture list I really want to fit in 3 but not sure who to get.

I’m definitely getting Mendy.

Probably getting Mahrez and not sure on the third. I’m considering Sane and Silva but there are a lot of other mid price mids I want to take a punt on.

Is Aguero back training yet? Jesus is one of those super fit freaks so imagine he’ll be back in contention quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is Mendy going to be a starter? I know they were papering cracks at that position which is definitely in his favour, but who knows what shape he is in after that injury.

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »

Just seen he is in 46.5 % of teams
    Better do up a team with him in it to see how it looks !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Just seen he is in 46.5 % of teams
    Better do up a team with him in it to see how it looks !

Yeah those numbers are pretty crazy and presumably it'll be nearer 60 when autopick same have been changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Is Mendy going to be a starter? I know they were papering cracks at that position which is definitely in his favour, but who knows what shape he is in after that injury.

Well Delph isn’t on the tour and he went. The last 6 weeks,world cup and pre season should give him a decent basis for regaining his fitness.

Alexis starts up top tonight with martial left

Vvd just scored with a header
    2 months too late for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

km79 wrote:
    Vvd just scored with a header 2 months too late for me

Is he on any set pieces... corners, free kicks, anything?

Is he on any set pieces... corners, free kicks, anything?

:D

Meanwhile
    Fabulous free-kick from Sanchez and Bailly hits the underside of the bar from about a yard out. #mufc

And
    Valencia off injured with a calf problem after just seven minutes, Darmian on #MUFC @MirrorFootball

Pva referring to himself as pva in his tweets just makes me way too happy !

Alexis starts up top tonight with martial left

Martial actually up front and been awful.......

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Vvd just scored with a header
    2 months too late for me

Robertson assist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm slowly talking myself into a gw1 BB followed by immediate wildcard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

you're a brave person if you choose a Utd attacker.

Alexis was great by all accounts last night, but they barely created anything.

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm slowly talking myself into a gw1 BB followed by immediate wildcard

All the cool people are going with a gw1 BB just need Prodston to get on board.

I think keita 7.5 might be a decent option.

SlickRic wrote: »
    you're a brave person if you choose a Utd attacker.

Alexis was great by all accounts last night, but they barely created anything.

I'm slowly and very reluctantly moving towards salah instead. And then if I have him will probably captain him most weeks. Boring .
    Also kind of makes buying aguero for 11ml pointless
    Salah autocaptaib and a load of mid range forwards and midfielders it is so
    Maybe.............
    I actually feel this year more than other it's absolutely pointless even making changes until the last few days
    So much uncertainty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looked at his stats. He hit good numbers a couple of seasons ago, 12 goals 8 assists. Could be a baps magnet too. Strongly considering him over Martial now.

Looked at his stats. He hit good numbers a couple of seasons ago, 12 goals 8 assists. Could be a baps magnet too. Strongly considering him over Martial now.

I'd never seen him play till last night and was impressed. Played fairly high up and was getting into good positions.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/23/anthony-martial-will-not-forced-stay-man-utd-against-will/

Martial may be at United when the English transfer window closes but he won’t be there when the European one has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

ssshhhh :D

• Advertisement

I'd never seen him play till last night and was impressed. Played fairly high up and was getting into good positions.

Do you have salah as well?

Advertisement