Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I think keita 7.5 might be a decent option.

yup. been looking at him. i think 7.5 is overpriced for that kind of midfielder though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    Do you have salah as well?

Ye I'll definetly have salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

SlickRic wrote: »
    yup. been looking at him. i think 7.5 is overpriced for that kind of midfielder though.

What kind of midfielder is he? From what I've read/heard of him he sounds like a Ramsey, starts deep but gets involved in lots of goals/assists. 7.5 sounds bout right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What kind of midfielder is he? From what I've read/heard of him he sounds like a Ramsey, starts deep but gets involved in lots of goals/assists. 7.5 sounds bout right

that's spot on, though I'm not sure he's in the box quite as often as Ramsey would be.

unproven in the Premier League, with just 6 goals and 5 assists last season. it just seems a tad high of a price.

i'm not going to fall out with FPL over it, but i think 6.5 or maybe 7 would've been fairer.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm slowly talking myself into a gw1 BB followed by immediate wildcard

insanity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

SlickRic wrote: »
    that's spot on, though I'm not sure he's in the box quite as often as Ramsey would be.

unproven in the Premier League, with just 6 goals and 5 assists last season. it just seems a tad high of a price.

i'm not going to fall out with FPL over it, but i think 6.5 or maybe 7 would've been fairer.

6 goals and 5 assists in 27 games is very good for that price range, its a scoring contribution in 40% of games played (not including clean sheets), of the players currently priced 7m or under the only one with a better return rate last seazson was Jese Lingard and that was an anomaly imo and wont be repeated, Pascal Gross only one to come close.

Obviously we are talking too differnet leagues so the comparisions come with a health warning, but I think the price tag considering the attacking returns of his new team is more that justified. Ramsey is a fair comparrison and he is also 7.5m, Kieta's injury record is far better though and rumours last few days are that Ramsey could be about to leave Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Pogue eile wrote: »
    6 goals and 5 assists in 27 games is very good for that price range, its a scoring contribution in 40% of games played (not including clean sheets), of the players currently priced 7m or under the only one with a better return rate last seazson was Jese Lingard and that was an anomaly imo and wont be repeated, Pascal Gross only one to come close.

Obviously we are talking too differnet leagues so the comparisions come with a health warning, but I think the price tag considering the attacking returns of his new team is more that justified. Ramsey is a fair comparrison and he is also 7.5m, Kieta's injury record is far better though and rumours last few days are that Ramsey could be about to leave Arsenal.

I think it's pretty hard to compare Keita to any player as he has the off-the-ball skills not far off the likes of Kante, but is also very potent on the ball, driving and dribbling past players and making very proactive, direct passes. He's very all action, an all round CM. I'm not sure he has the consistent goal threat of a Ramsey, who consistently arrive late in the box as a goal threat. I could be wrong but I'm not sure this is really his style and he'd be more involved in build up than finishing. Ramsey is a nicer player to have for FF imo, less card threat and more about arriving late in the box from an attacking perspective.

Keita will likely not be as much of a "main man" at Liverpool as at Leipzig, Liverpool will rely on others for goals and assists so his share of the pie will likely be smaller in terms of goal contribution %.

That said, Liverpool will likely score a lot of goals again so you could argue that the pie is bigger.

With no Coutinho replacement being signed (it seems that Fekir will not happen), I think you can expect Keita to be the most advanced and proactive of the 3 midfielders. While he's certainly not a like for like, I do think it will be on him to be the player to make things happen offensively in the midfield, whether it's by beating a man, taking on a long shot or making a key pass.

Worth noting he's a card magnet too, which could kill BPS and potentially leave you with suspension headaches.

I think 7.5 is fair enough given his reputation, style and stats and the team he's joining, but very much in the "one-to-watch" pile for me.

I personally wouldn't start with him, particularly when there's a number of juicy Liverpool options and some good fixtures to start. But I wouldn't be too surprised if he proved himself to be value at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Morzadec wrote: »
    Keita will likely not be as much of a "main man" at Liverpool as at Leipzig, Liverpool will rely on others for goals and assists so his share of the pie will likely be smaller in terms of goal contribution %.

That said, Liverpool will likely score a lot of goals again so you could argue that the pie is bigger.

Lunch is over but I'm getting hungry again with all this pie talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

All the cool people are going with a gw1 BB just need Prodston to get on board.

My team is still on auto-select but a GW1 BB goes against all my instincts. I'm always happy to help :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I still think the odds of getting 15 starters out in the first GW is quite slim. There's always the one or two surprise drops, and all of a sudden your BB is a waste.

I'm still aligned on the early BB, but I'm thinking in GW2 or 3, when I've had a chance to access and potentially grab any fast starters, before reseting with the WC in time for the international break.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I still think the odds of getting 15 starters out in the first GW is quite slim. There's always the one or two surprise drops, and all of a sudden your BB is a waste.

I'm still aligned on the early BB, but I'm thinking in GW2 or 3, when I've had a chance to access and potentially grab any fast starters, before reseting with the WC in time for the international break.
    Yeah thinking of GW2/3 for myself, gives you a week or two to abandon any surprise drops, and then can wildcard in the international break to get back to the formation you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah thinking of GW2/3 for myself, gives you a week or two to abandon any surprise drops, and then can wildcard in the international break to get back to the formation you want.

One of your defenders is at fault for 2 goals the first week, your keeper lets one through his legs, and one of your midfielders goes off late with a 'knock', so you are immediately worried about getting 15 players out in Week2/3.
    So you don't play BB for another few weeks. Come week 36 the bloody thing is still hanging over you like the sword of Damocles and you end up taking -8s and still not getting 15 out.

I think I'm fully on board with the Week1 BB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

No bb planning for me this season. There's always a gameweek or two where I end up having a bench with good fixtures by accident rather than design, so I'll use it on one of those occasions

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

One of your defenders is at fault for 2 goals the first week, your keeper lets one through his legs, and one of your midfielders goes off late with a 'knock', so you are immediately worried about getting 15 players out in Week2/3.
    So you don't play BB for another few weeks. Come week 36 the bloody thing is still hanging over you like the sword of Damocles and you end up taking -8s and still not getting 15 out.

This is exactly it. Its a curse of a chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bournemouth signing a left-back for over £10m.

That’s the end of Charlie Daniels as a decent option for initial squads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

All the cool people are going with a gw1 BB just need Prodston to get on board.

Maybe we could get PVA to do his bit too

Paully D wrote: »
    Bournemouth signing a left-back for over £10m.

That’s the end of Charlie Daniels as a decent option for initial squads.

Great news. Had an extra million and I didn’t want to upgrade him to Bailly but think I will now.

That said, they have signed other players for decent money that never nailed down a first place so I’d expect Daniels still to be first pick.

One of your defenders is at fault for 2 goals the first week, your keeper lets one through his legs, and one of your midfielders goes off late with a 'knock',

Now I definitely don't want to BB in that week 1 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭columbd

Keita could be involved in a lot of goals this season but prone to the odd red card or two!

• Advertisement

Is he on any set pieces... corners, free kicks, anything?

He took one or two free kicks last year I think. Serious potential for points

Also anyone think Leighton Baines is a good option this year. Penalties, free kicks and a more adventurous manager than Sam Allardyce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

columbd wrote: »
    Also anyone think Leighton Baines is a good option this year. Penalties, free kicks and a more adventurous manager than Sam Allardyce

Everton may be signing a new left-back so it's wait and see with Leighton.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Four new players added:

Sturridge F Liverpool £6.0m

Diakhaby M Huddersfield £5.0m

Sandro F Everton £5.5m

Mirallas M Everton £5.5m

Still no Mitrovic which is immensely irritating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Richarlison to Everton now official - £50m!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Richarlison to Everton now official - £50m!

Will this affect our dearest Theo much??

He's in my squad at the minute...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Cartman78 wrote:
    Will this affect our dearest Theo much??

Ricky plays on the left.. Theo on the right so should be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

thewools wrote: »

Siggy stuck in the middle with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

thewools wrote: »

What about Yannick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

manual_man wrote: »