Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Everton lost 3-0 to Blackburn, Everton had mostly first team players too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭McBain11

km79 wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/KMbappe/status/1022545776076115970

Why are we all so sure aguero is gonna be starting gw1
    I’m having grave doubts about going with him

You're right to be worried, it's like parallel universes colliding seeing Aguero with Wes from love island in that photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Can't afford Coleman or Keane, do people think Williams will partner Keane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

ShaneU wrote: »
    Everton lost 3-0 to Blackburn, Everton had mostly first team players too

2nd half was mostly first teamers. 1st half wasn't

Anyone any good suggestions for a 5.5 and a 5.0M striker?

Also most nailed on Watford defender for 4.5M?

You guys convinced me to BB GW1 so aiming for all starters.

Km79 persuaded me to get Sanchez in :pac:

If it’s for bench would you not just go with Quaner. Been playing pre season and should start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Anyone any good suggestions for a 5.5 and a 5.0M striker?

Also most nailed on Watford defender for 4.5M?

You guys convinced me to BB GW1 so aiming for all starters.

Km79 persuaded me to get Sanchez in :pac:

I’m not sure how that happened
    I have not even talked myself fully into it
    But I’m getting there .........one or 2 of my other favs will have to go though

Midfield is where all the fun and value is.

Would gladly line up 3-6-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,891 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Does anyone have stats on clean sheets during the early gameweeks of each season.

I seem to recall a discussion 1 or 2 seasons ago that CS are generally few and far between for the first 5/6 weeks but then some counter claimed that (or was it the other way around ?!?#@!?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Does anyone have stats on clean sheets during the early gameweeks of each season.

I seem to recall a discussion 1 or 2 seasons ago that CS are generally few and far between for the first 5/6 weeks but then some counter claimed that (or was it the other way around ?!?#@!?)

I remember making a detailed post on it a few years back but can’t remember which side of the debate it fell on.

I’ll try and dig it out tonight and post it.

Any good pre season fantasy football podcasts knocking about ?

‘Who got the assist’ was ok but hard to listen to.

The Fantasy Football Scout is ok too but one of the guys (jonty or something like that) is hard to listen to and comes across a tad juvenile. And not the good kind of juvenile.

Any others worth listening to ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

From my recollection the opening GW's are high scoring games.
    bantee wrote: »
    Can't afford Coleman or Keane, do people think Williams will partner Keane?
    Jagielka is slight favourite to start beside Keane but they are in the hunt for another CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

The Fantasy Football Scout is ok too but one of the guys (jonty or something like that) is hard to listen to and comes across a tad juvenile. And not the good kind of juvenile.

I like FML FPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Anyone read the interview with Luke Shaw in the guardian?

References encouraging messages Mourinho has been sending him over the summer about his belief in him as a player and regarding his summer fitness regime. Has a link to an Instagram photo where he looks in good condition. Looks like he is a solid pick for first few games unless he makes a mistake or else Mou is just torturing him.

Anyone read the interview with Luke Shaw in the guardian?

References encouraging messages Mourinho has been sending him over the summer about his belief in him as a player and regarding his summer fitness regime. Has a link to an Instagram photo where he looks in good condition. Looks like he is a solid pick for first few games unless he makes a mistake or else Mou is just torturing him.

He had talked a good game before
    Came back early last preseason(or maybe the one before that ) to get get super fit too ......

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭columbd

From my recollection the opening GW's are high scoring games.

Jagielka is slight favourite to start beside Keane but they are in the hunt for another CB.

Its Yerry Mina from Barca by the looks of things and could be an excellent set piece threat given his 3 goals at the World Cup

Deciding to start off with Daniels or Cedric is proving to be one of my more head scratching decisions.

From memory Daniels has high ownership and Cedric could miss first couple of weeks.

I had a great ‘fixture difficulty’ bookmark from last season but stupidly deleted it and now I can find a user friendly one.

Bournemouth have signed Diego Rico as their new left back from Leganes so Daniels spot could be up for grabs

I think Tosun is the safe option to start with. Can we really say Richy will start every game? I'm not so sure. Could be gold though.

For the same price as Tosun you can have Zaha or Arnautovic which makes more sense

Lads what do you reckon about picking Lacazette? He started up top and Auba on the wing in preseason. He may not score as much as Auba but hes a good bit cheaper!

columbd wrote: »
    Bournemouth have signed Diego Rico as their new left back from Leganes so Daniels spot could be up for grabs

I’ve dumped both of them. I think Daniels will be fine for starts but Bournemouth just aren’t great defensively even though he’ll have his double digit games.

Gonna chance Shaw instead as I want a United defender.

I would think it would be

Gueye
    Richi/Siggy/Walcott
    Niasse

But honestly I'm not sure. I'd like to see Walcott up front for a lovely FPL prospect.

Has Walcott played up front in preseason at all?

• Advertisement

I’ve dumped both of them. I think Daniels will be fine for starts but Bournemouth just aren’t great defensively even though he’ll have his double digit games.

Gonna chance Shaw instead as I want a United defender.

Shaw could be an excellent shout with all the injuries they have in the FB/WB positions at the minute. If he plays well he could take youngs spot.

Harry Maguire is the other one to look out for it he moves.

I think if you wan into the United defense then DDG is the way to go. Outscored then all by 30 points and is 0.5mil cheaper than Valencia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anyone read the Wasting Your Wildcard book? Just ordered it there looking forward to reading :)

https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2018/07/26/fpl-community-reacts-to-release-of-wasting-your-wildcard-book/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rico is suspended for the first 3 gws. Having said that I'm done with Daniels that ship has well and truly sailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Jay egersdorf usually does a weekly thing usually a decent listen short and sweet 10-15 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Jay egersdorf usually does a weekly thing usually a decent listen short and sweet 10-15 mins.

He has some subscription service thing this year aswell but I think the Youtube videos are staying. Agreed aswell, good listen.

Just on podcasts, what's the best medium to listen/save them all in one place on Android? It all seems a bit all over the place, partly why I could never get in to any podcast regularly barring the FFScout one which I find fantastic

stephenl15 wrote: »
    He has some subscription service thing this year aswell but I think the Youtube videos are staying. Agreed aswell, good listen.

Just on podcasts, what's the best medium to listen/save them all in one place on Android? It all seems a bit all over the place, partly why I could never get in to any podcast regularly barring the FFScout one which I find fantastic

I’ve used several over the years but once I started using ‘pocket casts’ I stopped looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Has Walcott played up front in preseason at all?

Hasn't played at all,injured is the official line, fall out with Silva is also rumoured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Hasn't played at all,injured is the official line, fall out with Silva is also rumoured

It's Walcott, both theories seem very likely. Possibly both are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Richarlison for the same price is the smarter option there.

• Advertisement

Advertisement