Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

The more I see and read of evertons preseason the more reluctant I am to own one of their defenders
    Especially one that costs 5.5 ml........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    The more I see and read of evertons preseason the more reluctant I am to own one of their defenders

Same, I took Coleman out earlier. PVA in for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Same, I took Coleman out earlier. PVA in for now.

I just spent the last hour researching 4m defenders to see which two to buy in order to fit Coleman into my team. After just saving my team I come here and read this :pac: I think Coleman has to be number 1 on Everton's teamsheet? How could he be dropped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,151 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I just spent the last hour researching 4m defenders to see which two to buy in order to fit Coleman into my team. After just saving my team I come here and read this :pac: I think Coleman has to be number 1 on Everton's teamsheet? How could he be dropped?

It's not that he will be dropped, no chance of that. It's that Everton are looking very shaky at the back so having one of their defenders is a risk at this stage.

And now mane appears to be pools penaltytaker
    Christ on a bike !!!!

• Advertisement

Matic has surgery and will miss start of season
    Smalling pulled out of starting line up due to late injury
    Replaced by Bailly who was a sub due to a knock picked up Thursday night
    Shaw didn’t play due to an injury

So
    No United defence for me

Back to the drawing board once more

@DZFootball_en: The fact that Mahrez got the ankle injury, then carried on playing for 15-20mins, before being substituted suggests to me that if can’t be too serious. But I’m not a doctor. Maybe Pep took him off as a precaution. If fit, he’s a 100% starter for the Shield. #mcfc https://twitter.com/DZFootball_en/status/1023358152534839297/photo/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Cartman78 wrote: »
    As promised, here's the latest headwrecker/squad planning sheet.

I've put a column in for player value - at the minute this will be manual but I'll have a look at automating something if I get time and, more importantly, access to a player database.

I've added the European games as well which might be useful I think - not 100% sure if I've got them in between the right gameweeks so let me know if there's anything incorrect and I'll update.

Just to note as well - as with the previous sheet, the 3 letter team name (ARS, CHE etc) is the main driver for the formulas so player name isn't critical at the minute so you can fire away with KDB, Bavies etc. This might change if I manage to get my hands on the pricing information.

Couple of typos with this excel sheet.

Anyone using this excel sheet, SOT have a blank in GW15, you need to go to FIXTURES tab and put TOT(a) into it.

GW38, SOT play SOT, needs to be changed to HUD and HUD play HUD, needs to be changed to SOT(a).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

I presume Shaqiri won’t be a regular starter for Liverpool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Yea he will be backup to Salah and Mane mostly but he might get the odd midfielder/striker role. He’s going to have a similar role to Ox who got subbed on a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Reports that Marseille want to sign Giroud, and that Newcastle are interested in Rondon.

https://twitter.com/SimonPeach/status/1023349355124875266?s=19

Think I'll be avoiding Martial and any other United player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Digne should sign for Everton tomorrow for anyone thinking of having baines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I wonder is Bernardo Silva becoming a real option?

I want at least 2 of City’s mid/attack home to Huddersfield in gameweek 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭columbd

Did you hear a timeframe for how long he is likely to be out for?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Hasn't played at all,injured is the official line, fall out with Silva is also rumoured

Thanks for that, was actually thinking about picking him. Will avoid now

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/1022959387378429952

If that goes through, he'd be a great option.

I think only if Zaha stays. Its hard to see who would be providing the service to him or take some of the attacking burden off him if Zaha is not there

Reports that Marseille want to sign Giroud, and that Newcastle are interested in Rondon.

I really wish that was the other way around...

• Advertisement

Has anyone been watching the Chelsea pre-season games? Looking for a cheap way into the Chelsea team and thinking about either Pedro or Barkley.

Pedro is doing well in preseason but is a obvious rotation risk with Willian at the minute and especially if they sign another attacker

Barkley is the one I'm more interested in but I don't know if he is playing an orthodox midfield role or an attacking one and if heslikely to start or not. Ca anyone shed some light? Also saw Fabregas in a similar position on the teamsheet and same questions apply

Stupid iPhone is not keeping new bookmarks.

Anyone else having same problem.

I’m finding all these useful pages and then after I’ve bookmarked I return later and the bookmark is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

columbd wrote: »
    Barkley is the one I'm more interested in but I don't know if he is playing an orthodox midfield role or an attacking one and if heslikely to start or not. Ca anyone shed some light? Also saw Fabregas in a similar position on the teamsheet and same questions apply

I saw one game and it looks like it will be Barkley or Fabregas as the attacking mid. They'll probably just sign Hamsik though :-)

Did you hear a timeframe for how long he is likely to be out for?

@FFScout: 🚑 | "A scan today has revealed no significant damage, and Mahrez could be available for selection for this weekend’s Community Shield against Chelsea."
    #FPL #FantasyPL #FFScout #mcfc https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1023902287373258753

Aguero back in training .....

@LFCknowledge: Liverpool now head for a week of intensive training in France. Alisson Becker, Firmino and Trent Alexander-Arnold will join up with the group. (Dominic King)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Correct me if i'm wrong - but i seem to recall Barkley starting a number of seasons in barnstorming fashion (maybe even scoring in GW1 back to back seasons?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Aguero back in training .....

@LFCknowledge: Liverpool now head for a week of intensive training in France. Alisson Becker, Firmino and Trent Alexander-Arnold will join up with the group. (Dominic King)

Sound. Think I'll be happy to put him in ahead of Auba from the off so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,151 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

RisingDamp wrote: »
    Correct me if i'm wrong - but i seem to recall Barkley starting a number of seasons in barnstorming fashion (maybe even scoring in GW1 back to back seasons?)

Yeah he has a penchant for scoring in gameweek 1. He scored in the first gameweek in 3 out of 4 seasons from 13/14 to 16/17.

RisingDamp wrote: »

Yeah he's excellent at quick starts. I have a feeling it will be him rather than Fabregas getting the nod

Basically lining up as
    Jorginho

Kante

Barkley

Fabregas would be great in that position as well but Barkley probably gives them more dynamism

What do you lads think?

• Advertisement

Looks like Alfie Mawson is heading to Fulham. Assume he'd come in at £5m.

Advertisement