Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Is there any consensus on the best 4.5 midfield option? Who is the RLC of this year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Morzadec wrote: »
    Is there any consensus on the best 4.5 midfield option? Who is the RLC of this year?

You mean the Tom Carroll? :P

No standout I don't think - Stephens for Brighton will probably play, Chalobah for Watford if he is fit is my pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Morzadec wrote: »

Dale Stephens of Brighton seems to be the choice, but hard to see anyone of worth under 5.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Had a look into him.

2017-18, 6 goals & 5 assists in 37 last year
    2016-17, 13 goals & 10 assists in 47 games
    2015-16, 8 goals & 6 assists in 39 games

Captains goal in the Play Off final vs Villa too

In my team for the moment at his price

yep, a great squad filler to help the overall balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

You mean the Tom Carroll? :P

No standout I don't think - Stephens for Brighton will probably play, Chalobah for Watford if he is fit is my pick
    Dale Stephens of Brighton seems to be the choice, but hard to see anyone of worth under 5.0.

Grand thanks, trusty ol Stephens is in there already, just making sure I'm not missing a bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Had a look into him.

2017-18, 6 goals & 5 assists in 37 last year
    2016-17, 13 goals & 10 assists in 47 games
    2015-16, 8 goals & 6 assists in 39 games

Captains goal in the Play Off final vs Villa too

In my team for the moment at his price

Yeah i'm on the Cairney bus already. It's hard to imagine a cheap mid who will outscore him. He may even outscore all mids up to 6m. A bit more squad depth gives you the option to start him or be happy to have him as first sub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    Yeah i'm on the Cairney bus already. It's hard to imagine a cheap mid who will outscore him. He may even outscore all mids up to 6m. A bit more squad depth gives you the option to start him or be happy to have him as first sub

Good shout
    I've moved back to aguero up top so happy to have him as my 5th mid
    I'm getting closer now
    Somehow VVD appeared back in my team this evening after 5 months of reading me last season and the decision to go him over Robertson gave me one final kick in the balls last day of season costing me a really really nice prize.
    He is give again for pva anyway

And around and around I go LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Morzadec wrote:

Chelsea have another good 4.5 midfielder called Hudson-Odoi who's naturally a forward. He should play tomorrow against Arsenal but unlikely to get much game time unless they get injuries or he goes out on loan. One to keep an eye on though.

manual_man wrote: »

Lennon could be a good shout at 5.0 too depending on how Burnley do this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lennon could be a good shout at 5.0 too depending on how Burnley do this year

Honestly i'm going nowhere near Burnley players so long as they're in the Europa League

• Advertisement

Guardian previews by team started today, worth a read:
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/series/premier-league-2018-19-previews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Hey guys,

Thinking of doing up a post up for all 4.5 and 4.0M potential starters for each team and who is highly unlikely to start. Would this interest anybody? Think it would be handy to have it all in one place. I'll likely need a lot of assistance but I think it's a decent idea.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭columbd

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Max Meyer maybe joining palace

He played as more of a deep-lying playmaker than a number 10 last season. I expect he'll take the Cabaye role in the team.

I'd say he'll be priced quite high (6.5/7) so I'd steer clear for now

Hey guys,

Thinking of doing up a post up for all 4.5 and 4.0M potential starters for each team and who is highly unlikely to start. Would this interest anybody? Think it would be handy to have it all in one place. I'll likely need a lot of assistance but I think it's a decent idea.

Thoughts?

Yeah great idea, even have a list of who would be likely to step up from that price bracket in case of injury as well.

Most of the bottom teams have defenses who are mostly 4.5mil

Lads looking at slightly under the radar punts for the different positions, what do you lads reckon

GK: Fabianski (4.5), Patricio (4.5)
    DEF: Pereira (5.0), David Luiz (5.5), Laporte (5.5), Fredricks (5.0), Evans (5.0)
    MID: Cairney (5.0), Felipe Anderson (7.0), Jota (6.5), Madison (6.5)
    ATT: Ings if he moves to CP (5.5), Sorloth (5.0)

Thoughts?

columbd wrote: »
    Lads looking at slightly under the radar punts for the different positions, what do you lads reckon

DEF: Pereira (5.0), David Luiz (5.5), Laporte (5.5), Fredricks (5.0), Evans (5.0)

Thoughts?

Sorry forgot to include Morata in that. I don't think Chelsea will end up signing anyone else for the main striker role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Only read the keepers there but not sure how Fabanski is under the radar being the 2nd most owned keeper in the game.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Only read the keepers there but not sure how Fabanski is under the radar being the 2nd most owned keeper in the game.

I suppose just not one of the keepers for the top 6. I see your point though. I was going to have him as a backup keeper and have DDG as the main man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

columbd wrote: »

Thoughts?

Far too many of them that have never played in the league before. Stick to the old reliables

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Far too many of them that have never played in the league before. Stick to the old reliables

David Luiz is beginning to tempt me at that price if they don't sell courtois and sign Kasper or Pickford

• Advertisement

Its not to pick them all, but to have 1 or 2 of them in the team. Makes it a bit more interesting.

Is there anyone else you lads think are good punts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

km79 wrote: »

David Luiz is beginning to tempt me at that price if they don't sell courtois and sign Kasper or Pickford
    Had been thinking David Luiz myself....he seems to be back in the new manager's plans. The question is how nailed on is he? Competing with Cahill, Rudiger, Christensen for 2 CB slots, assuming Azpi plays FB this year. Am I right?

mectavba wrote: »
    Had been thinking David Luiz myself....he seems to be back in the new manager's plans. The question is how nailed on is he? Competing with Cahill, Rudiger, Christensen for 2 CB slots, assuming Azpi plays FB this year. Am I right?

For all his faults he is easily the best of those 4 and axpi apparently playing RB in a 4

For all his faults he is easily the best of those 4 and axpi apparently playing RB in a 4

I think the back four will be

Azpi - Luiz - Rudiger - Alonso

With the backups being Moses, Christensen and Emerson. I don't think Cahill will play much if at all this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭boccy23

How dangerous would it be to leave Sala out?
    The £13M allows far more flexibility elsewhere and concerned that after the long season he is coming off and second season syndrome, will he really reproduce that level of return?

boccy23 wrote: »
    The £13M allows far more flexibility elsewhere and concerned that after the long season he is coming off and second season syndrome, will he really reproduce that level of return?

I've been here
    Just get him . Captain him first week.
    Downgrade later if you aren't happy

He will be by miles and miles the most captained player gw1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Burnley only have two keepers available in the game, Pope is out and Heaton is at 75%.
    What's the likelihood of both not playing GW1.

I was hoping to grab Heaton at 4.5 but his price is a bit silly given he missed pretty much all of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭boccy23

I've been here
    Just get him . Captain him first week.
    Downgrade later if you aren't happy

He will be by miles and miles the most captained player gw1

What about Bernado Silva or David Silva to provide Man City cover?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

If he does anything at all in the first few weeks you'll have to destroy your team to get him in. It's safer to just bite the bullet and go with Salah.

If he flops, you'll be in a good spot without. If he doesn't, you're screwed. Risk outweighs the reward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

What about Bernado Silva or David Silva to provide Man City cover?

David Silva is the most nailed on. Well, as nailed on as one could be in a Pep team.

Advertisement