Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭boccy23

Wilberto wrote: »
    David Silva is the most nailed on. Well, as nailed on as one could be in a Pep team.

Yeah. I like Bernado Silva at £1M cheaper. Scored twice in the Barcelona friendly. May be a short term option for the first few weeks.

Or see where I can save £1M to get Silva in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

boccy23 wrote: »
    How dangerous would it be to leave Sala out?
    The £13M allows far more flexibility elsewhere and concerned that after the long season he is coming off and second season syndrome, will he really reproduce that level of return?

I was going with this approach all along until last week and as tempting as it is, tis just not worth it, if he bombs or dips below value for money then it is easy get rid and replace him with 'this years Salah' but if you start without and he starts banging them in again you are screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

How dangerous would it be to leave Sala out?
    The £13M allows far more flexibility elsewhere and concerned that after the long season he is coming off and second season syndrome, will he really reproduce that level of return?

There's far too much to lose by leaving him out in GW1. He ran amok at home to West Ham last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm really leaning towards including Sanchez from the start. Would mean including two of Zaha/Arnie/Mitrovic up top, and going without Aguero.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I'm really leaning towards including Sanchez from the start. Would mean including two of Zaha/Arnie/Mitrovic up top, and going without Aguero.

That's what I have atm. Salah / Sanchez / D. Silva with Arno/Zaha/Firminio up front. Have City forward cover and Sanchez who could be a difference maker if he approaches anything like his Arsenal form. Banking on a summer off and a refocus from him this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

ScummyMan wrote: »

I've put Sanchez in this morning for Sane and downgraded Monreal to a no mark 4m defender to raise the money. I have Aguero and Firmino upfront and Salah, Sanchez and Mkhitarian in midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

threein99 wrote: »
    I've put Sanchez in this morning for Sane and downgraded Monreal to a no mark 4m defender to raise the money.

Lukaku back early from holidays so Sanchez might only have gw1 up front since a fit Rom is first choice up top. We'd be unwise to forget how ineffective (and deep-lying) Sanchez was last season. I kind of fancy him to score big gw1, but after that i'm not sold

manual_man wrote: »
    Lukaku back early from holidays so Sanchez might only have gw1 up front since a fit Rom is first choice up top. We'd be unwise to forget how ineffective (and deep-lying) Sanchez was last season. I kind of fancy him to score big gw1, but after that i'm not sold

Yeah its probably a short term thing but could be a good boost if he plays well, hes looked good in pre-season. If Sanchez starts well he might wait longer to get Lukaku back in the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I’d be very skeptical about Sanchez.

Not that he isn’t a good player or anything because he’s been one of my favorites in the game over the years (and I infamously built my first wildcard team around his last year FFS), but with Mourinho’s style of player and the negativity surrounding the club as a whole I don’t think he’s going to get the opportunities to come close to justifying his price tag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

After that city have a good run and he can be sold!

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    After that city have a good run and he can be sold!

imagine gw1 he scores well... then selling him would be harder to do :pac:

imagine gw1 he scores well... then selling him would be harder to do :pac:
    My gut has been telling me to keep him. Been in my team most of the summer. Ill be pissed if he goes big and I have bottled it. I have salah now anyway so need to have some fun

km79 wrote: »
    My gut has been telling me to keep him. Been in my team most of the summer. Ill be pissed if he goes big and I have bottled it. I have salah now anyway so need to have some fun

He'll definitely be somewhat of a differential. I'm playing it more safe going with the 'Pool and City mids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sanchez In as a differential week 1 punt while City are away to Arsenal. Then in with a City mid for Huddersfield on week 2.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Sanchez In as a differential week 1 punt while City are away to Arsenal. Then in with a City mid for Huddersfield on week 2.

Part of my thinking is I also have Aguero.
    If i throw in Sane / Mahrez then I have 2 very expensive rotation risks in my hands. No such worries with Sanchez. I need that as I am still planning an early enough BB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

razorblunt wrote: »
    Burnley only have two keepers available in the game, Pope is out and Heaton is at 75%.
    What's the likelihood of both not playing GW1.

I was hoping to grab Heaton at 4.5 but his price is a bit silly given he missed pretty much all of last season.

Burnley looking for special dispensation from UEFA to sign and register a keeper in time for the game against Aberdeen.

Thats my plans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

are we sure that Aguero and Silva will play GW1. They haven't played in pre-season yet.

Similar worry over Firmino to be honest. it's one of the reasons I'm staying away from him at the minute.

i've a feeling those with any of those will be cacking themselves on the first gameweek.

With Kane not under consideration and Spurs ok fixture start to the season (Man U apart) , is it worth considering Llorente? £6M early entry point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭dahat

With Kane not under consideration and Spurs ok fixture start to the season (Man U apart) , is it worth considering Llorente? £6M early entry point.

Lucas Moiria is your Spurs man of choice for me, had a settling in period after Xmas so should be ready to go early doors.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    are we sure that Aguero and Silva will play GW1. They haven't played in pre-season yet.

I think they will. But part of my reasoning is that KDB and Jesus are further behind in their preparations and Pep will want to field a strong side against Arsenal.

dahat wrote: »
    Lucas Moiria is your Spurs man of choice for me, had a settling in period after Xmas so should be ready to go early doors.

Interesting, thanks for that. Hadn't really looked at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Jaysus, taking a look at Ramsey. Barely noticed he even existed or played last season yet he scored the below:

7 goals
    10 assists
    9 clean sheets
    12 BPS

There is talk about him being a "key player" under Emery. Despite everything I said I do feel he's a tad over priced at 7.5, but I might yet make some room for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

SlickRic wrote: »

Similar worry over Firmino to be honest. it's one of the reasons I'm staying away from him at the minute.

i've a feeling those with any of those will be cacking themselves on the first gameweek.

As manual_man said, Jesus is even further behind. I don't think Pep can afford not to go with Aguero.

Aguero didn't play many minutes in Russia, he should be fresh to start.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Jaysus, taking a look at Ramsey. Barely noticed he even existed or played last season yet he scored the below:

7 goals
    10 assists
    9 clean sheets
    12 BPS

There is talk about him being a "key player" under Emery. Despite everything I said I do feel he's a tad over priced at 7.5, but I might yet make some room for him.
    There is also talk he could leave
    One year left on contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What happens if one of your big starters get injured or sent off in week 1?

It’s always a dangerous game planning transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Are 3 Palace defenders overkill? Or two plus Zaha/Spacecraft?

Asking for a friend* :)

*It's me, I'm the friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Are 3 Palace defenders overkill? Or two plus Zaha/Spacecraft?

Asking for a friend* :)

*It's me, I'm the friend!

I'm not sure I could name three Palace defenders...

PVA, Wan-Bissaka.....don't tell me you're going the James Tomkins route??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Looks like Jordan Ayew could be off to Palace - Ings might be off their radar now surely. Could be worth a slot as bench filler if he comes in at 5.0

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/01/crystal-palace-cheikhou-kouyate-jordan-ayew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Looks like Jordan Ayew could be off to Palace - Ings might be off their radar now surely. Could be worth a slot as bench filler if he comes in at 5.0

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/01/crystal-palace-cheikhou-kouyate-jordan-ayew

He’ll probably be more.

Advertisement