Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Thoughts on my team lads?

gND1jMM.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Are 3 Palace defenders overkill? Or two plus Zaha/Spacecraft?

Asking for a friend* :)

*It's me, I'm the friend!

I'm currently on PVA+WanB+Zaha

Come on in, the water is fine
    1x_TAh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I'm not sure I could name three Palace defenders...

PVA, Wan-Bissaka.....don't tell me you're going the James Tomkins route??

Jeff Schlupp the OOP 4.5 defender possibly playing left wing forward obviously :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thoughts on my team lads?

gND1jMM.jpg

Wrong thread

Looks like Jordan Ayew could be off to Palace - Ings might be off their radar now surely. Could be worth a slot as bench filler if he comes in at 5.0

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/01/crystal-palace-cheikhou-kouyate-jordan-ayew

He will NEVER EVER EVER EVER darken my doors again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭midfield dynamo

Just starting to set up my team and my head is already melted!

Will have Salah, Dr Bruyne and Firmino in with one of either Kane or Aubamyang.

Then looking at the fixtures for the first couple of weeks. Bournemouth, Burnley, Everton, Liverpool and Southampton have relatively ok starts (on paper) so that makes the like of Wood, Mee and Tarkowski (bur), Ake and King (Bou), and Cedric, Bertrand and Redmond (sou) more appealing due to their lower costs.

Two players I'm mulling over at the moment are Richalison and Coleman. Logically they should both start for Everton and their easier start should see the rack up points. My only concern with Richarlison is his slump last season. It coincided with Silva leaving Watford. Up until then he was a solid player. Will the slump continue or will he be revitalised when reunited with Silva? As for Coleman, he's a nailed on starter for Everton, but the type of football Silva plays is very open and likely lead to fewer clean sheets.

I just don't know why we bother!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

According to Paul Joyce from the Echo, Ashley Williams & 3 others ordered to train away from the first team

Does that put Jags in the team ?

Kouyate has moved from West Ham to Crystal Palace. Fairly good signing for palace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

According to Paul Joyce from the Echo, Ashley Williams & 3 others ordered to train away from the first team

What others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Paully D wrote: »
    What happens if one of your big starters get injured or sent off in week 1?

It’s always a dangerous game planning transfers.
    I'm BB'ing in week 1 anyway so have plenty of subs if there's an issue. It also reduced the reliance on big players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What others?

Miralles, Vlasic and Cuco Martina

@_pauljoyce: Ashley Williams, Kevin Mirallas, Cuco Martina and Nikola Vlasic have been told to train away from Everton’s first team squad by Marco Silva.
    KEVIN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ings to Palace looking very likely now...£5.5m. Swapping Zaha out for him will be tempting.

@BenDinnery: “If we are serious I think they [Harry Maguire and Jamie Vardy] cannot participate in the first game, with just five days training with the team,” Puel said after the draw with Valencia. They normally need more time." Both players are expected to rejoin the group on Monday. #LCFC

Ings to Palace looking very likely now...£5.5m. Swapping Zaha out for him will be tempting.

Would be the answer to my prayers as I'm looking for .5 more if possible
    Currently have Austin in as 3rd striker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Didnt realise Aguero hadnt played yet in pre-season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I'm 99% sure I'm going with a forward line of Zaha-Arnie-Mitrovic.

Yes yes I see your hand-wringing and your whispers of premium strikers, but really are there any good options to start the season??

Lukaku - won't start
    Kane - won't start
    Firmino - mightn't start
    Aubameyang - It'll be a dark day in hell before I pay 11m for an OOP winger
    Lacazette - Maybe, but he was rubbish last year
    Morata - lol
    Aguero - Hasn't trained yet. Sceptical of if he will start

I really think the value is in midfield early days, especially with an early wildcard in mind.

That forward line allows me to go
    Salah-Sanchez-Sane-Richarlison-Kenedy

(Yes I am picking Sanchez and you can't stop me :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Yes yes I see your hand-wringing and your whispers of premium strikers, but really are there any good options to start the season??

Lukaku - won't start
    Kane - won't start
    Firmino - mightn't start
    Aubameyang - It'll be a dark day in hell before I pay 11m for an OOP winger
    Lacazette - Maybe, but he was rubbish last year
    Morata - lol
    Aguero - Hasn't trained yet. Sceptical of if he will start

I really think the value is in midfield early days, especially with an early wildcard in mind.

That forward line allows me to go
    Salah-Sanchez-Sane-Richarlison-Kenedy

(Yes I am picking Sanchez and you can't stop me :P)

Thinking along the same lines. Only caveat is maybe Firmino as a mid priced exception, due to his price an early goal could see him see a few early price rises and he is one i want for the season)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Any love for Giroud?
    I've always liked him as a fantasy asset, he had a good world cup (even without the scoring), chelsea have a good run to start the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Green&Red wrote: »
    Any love for Giroud?
    I've always liked him as a fantasy asset, he had a good world cup (even without the scoring), chelsea have a good run to start the league

he won't start the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Rojo is supposed to be joining from Man United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Same here and for the exact reasons you've posted.....it takes a while to get used of it but starting to feel like the right choice for me now.

Leaves me with a strong midfield and defence, and viable options off the bench if needed.

I have Mkhitayran in for the moment and he's probably my main doubt at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

How much will Salah drop to when Mane gets an opening day hattrick? 0.3?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

km79 wrote: »
    @_pauljoyce: Ashley Williams, Kevin Mirallas, Cuco Martina and Nikola Vlasic have been told to train away from Everton’s first team squad by Marco Silva.
    KEVIN!

Paul Joyce usually reliable.

Williams the big news for me. Looks very much like Jagielka (4.5) should be first choice alongside Keane if the above is true which is a great way into an Evertone defence that has very favourable opening fixtures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Morzadec wrote: »
    Paul Joyce usually reliable.

Williams the big news for me. Looks very much like Jagielka (4.5) should be first choice alongside Keane if the above is true which is a great way into an Evertone defence that has very favourable opening fixtures

Marcus Rojo will spoil your plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

dahat wrote: »
    Marcus Rojo will spoil your plans.

Ah yes good point... forgot about that... Keane seems a bit excessive at 5.0, but they are tasty opening fixtures so might try to squeeze him in

Is this 4.0 Obi-wan-Wassaki chap at Palace basically nailed on to start yeah? I see the consensus is to put him in but was unsure how nailed he was. Who are his other rivals at right-back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Go Pickford for 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,151 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Morzadec wrote: »
    Is this 4.0 Obi-wan-Wassaki chap at Palace basically nailed on to start yeah? I see the consensus is to put him in but was unsure how nailed he was. Who are his other rivals at right-back?

Joel Ward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Spurs will listen to offers for Alder, Rose and Dembele according to SSN

Advertisement