Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mawson to Fulham complete. £5m fpl price I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Hey all, any good private leagues out there to join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Chris Wood goal in the opening minutes for Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Anyone considering Ralls from Cardiff as 5m mid option? 7 goals 4 assists last season, on corners, fks, penalties. Could be an under the radar pick, only 0.3% ownership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭macraignil

Anyone considering Ralls from Cardiff as 5m mid option? 7 goals 4 assists last season, on corners, fks, penalties. Could be an under the radar pick, only 0.3% ownership.

Got him in team currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

ScummyMan wrote: »
    This would be amazing

I'm not sure it would. Suddenly he'd be a rotation risk and he'd no longer be the sole focus of attack like he is at Palace

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm not sure it would. Suddenly he'd be a rotation risk and he'd no longer be the sole focus of attack like he is at Palace

And be reverse Oop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

But 7 million for a legitimate attacker in a Sarri team. I think I could deal.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    But 7 million for a legitimate attacker in a Sarri team. I think I could deal.

Yeah maybe. I was thinking Spurs instead of Chelsea for some reason. Probably because of all the previous links with Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

Isn’t Lukaku cutting short his holidays so should be available for the first game?

5 year contract for Jesus. Also one year contract extension for Pedro

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Deise boii

What's the thoughts on Arsenals main striker this year. Who is everyone thinking it will be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Deise boii wrote: »
    What's the thoughts on Arsenals main striker this year. Who is everyone thinking it will be

It’s gonna rotate. When it’s Lacazette, Aubameyang will play wide

Mawson priced at 5m and Lindegaard at 4.5.

Mawson priced at 5m and Lindegaard at 4.5.
    If Heaton looks like missing out for a few weeks I’ll have lindergard

Are the guys that were tempted to use their BB in GW 1 still firing ahead with that strategy ?

Are the guys that were tempted to use their BB in GW 1 still firing ahead with that strategy ?

If Hudson-Odoi and Steklenburg look likely to start, then probably. That way I can use my BB and hold on to my WC after

km79 wrote: »
    If Heaton looks like missing out for a few weeks I’ll have lindergard

It's annoying at the same time. If he was included from the start, he would have been 4m as the third keeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anseo!

Yeah I'm gonna give it a go, few risks in there but with an early wildcard inevitable anyway there's plenty of time to fix it if it blows up.

Reckon it'll save me a few -4's later in the season trying to get in 15 DGW'ers

Transfer window shuts at 5pm on Thursday as a reminder

It’ll be interesting and I looked at it but I can’t get 15 without having clashes with attackers v’s defenders.

No point BB in first GW if 2-3 attackers are up against 2-3 of your defenders.

The real appeal is to get that chip gone so you don’t have a headbusting preperation to find 15 starters for a DGW. Being able to focus on 11 starters for a DGW sounds like bliss.

It’ll be interesting and I looked at it but I can’t get 15 without having clashes with attackers v’s defenders.

The real appeal is to get that chip gone so you don’t have a headbusting preperation to find 15 starters for a DGW. Being able to focus on 11 starters for a DGW sounds like bliss.
    Still considering it over first 2/3 gamweeka but probably not gw 1
    Like you said have to look at potential clashes of defense vs attack
    I want rid of it early though
    Cost me points last year

Must have a look at Cartmans spreadsheet actually

Must have a look at Cartmans spreadsheet actually

Having no attackers vs defenders would be very difficult even outside of gw1. Getting rid of the chip is the real appeal since my experience is that it's more trouble than it's worth later on in the season. The idea of the perfect BB is very appealing, but it's also extremely unlikely - with higher potential for messing up your squad by obsessing over it. I really want to get rid of it gw1, but if that's not a runner then I'll probably end up using it on some random single gw.

Mahrez fine for Sunday

On B.B. gameweek 1
    One of my main issues is I think Cedric offers best value of 4.5 ml defenders so I want him but he won’t play gw1
    Can’t seen many other options at 4.5 bar maybe Tomkins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Didn't even think of that but have actually managed no Defenders V Attackers for GW1 BB:

Ederson (City V Arsenal)
    Foster (Watford V Brighton)

Coleman (Everton V Wolves)
    Roberston (Liverpool V West Ham)
    PVA (Palace V Fulham)
    Shaw (United V Leicester)
    Cedric (Southampton V Burnley)

Salah (Liverpool V West Ham)
    Sanchez (Palace V Fulham)
    Richarlison (Everton V Wolves)
    Barkley (Chelsea V Huddersfield)
    Delofeu (Watford V Brighton)

Firmino (Liverpool V West Ham)
    Austin (Southampton V Burnley)
    King (Bournemouth V Cardiff)

Not too pushed about CS's - well aware that the stats sugges tthere'll be very few in week 1. More worried in case Cedric/Austin/Barkely/Delofeu etc don't start and I'm left with 11 anyway

• Advertisement

Advertisement