Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

ZvI33zr.jpg

My thoughts currently on a Friday evening a week out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

can someone link cartman's spreadsheet please
    it
    is
    time

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

ZvI33zr.jpg

My thoughts currently on a Friday evening a week out...

Cool, I thought I was only one in here on this medication. You know it effects 75% of men at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Cartman78

km79 wrote: »
    can someone link cartman's spreadsheet please
    it
    is
    time

On phone so can't link but it's in post number 38 of this thread.

I'm hoping FPL can fill the void of Mayo's demise this summer ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Is David Luiz expected to start for Chelsea? Love him in FF, the mad headcase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1025421920362287109?s=19

Wonder what this means for Mee/Tarkowski...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1025421920362287109?s=19

Wonder what this means for Mee/Tarkowski...

Rotation unfortunately

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Is David Luiz expected to start for Chelsea? Love him in FF, the mad headcase.

Looking more and more like it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Looking more and more like it

Courtois potentially leaving is the only think putting me off Luiz - will chelsea be as tight at the back?

Courtois potentially leaving is the only think putting me off Luiz - will chelsea be as tight at the back?

I was putting him in partly for his attacking threat.......then I looked at his history . 1 goal 1 assist along with 6 yellows in title winning season!!!! I thought he had more attacking threat than that. I had just put him in my team too but now it is a wait and see.
    Sure I'll just stick PVA back in for the night ;)

• Advertisement

LOL look at PVAs past seasons stats. As many goals as clean sheets most years. Fk it I will stick with him. If Wan Bisaka eends up nailing down a starting berth all the better I will take the price rises which will set off PVAs inevitable price drops!

Mark Hughes has said Cedric is currently suffering a "stomach bug" and has been told to stay where he is and should return early next week. #saintsfc

https://t.co/O3x9e28GBp

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Morzadec wrote: »
    BB GW1 I think is still a risk as we can't be sure on lineups and we have a lot of unknowns in general.

The idea of using before DGW I understand, but I'm thinking soon after an early-ish WC might be the best time.

I usually end up WCing around GW7 or so. I don't have any set plan and I'll hang on as long as I reasonably can, but usually around this time you have a lot more known quantities in terms of things like:

- Who are the must-have premium attackers?
    - Which smaller teams are showing they can keep clean sheets?
    - Who is / isn't a rotation risk?
    - Is team X predominantly an attacking team or a defensive team?

I then fully intend to go with 15 regulars for my WC. Happy to have a non-playing GK starting off, but I do think a well-rounded squad for WC can save a lot of headaches.

Then hopefully there's a week soon after where my bench have reasonable fixtures (or I have a genuine selection dilemma) and everyone is fit.

BB GW1 just seems an unnecessary risk and big commitment. You're committing to an early-WC, and while I'm a fan of an early WC in general, I do think it's worth giving your team the chance not to use it until later on (i.e. back your starting team to potentially still be strong 5 GWs in after a few FTs).

WC is gold dust so throwing it away after one GW is a poor strategy imo, just to try to make something decent out of BB.

I agree a WC is gold dust but the masses generally play it around a dgw and then totally compromise it by focusing on BB.
    This year I think it makes a lot of sense to plan an early WC due to the returning players from the world cup.
    The advantages of an early BB are due to doubts over Kane, lukaku, aguero all starting the season, aubemyang (poor fixtures). Its fairly easy to build a well balanced strong BB team due to the fact we can probably get away without starting with a premium forward. Its the only time you can wildcard in a BB team gw 1 knowing that you have a wildcard to readjust your team to a more normal structure.
    Obviously you need to be clever with your picks and go with near certainties to start and I wouldn't be advocating playing the wildcard till atleast after gw 3.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Rotation unfortunately

Dyche doesn't do rotation especially with his back four . Mee has refused to sign a new contract it wouldn't surprise me if he is sold.

I currently have gudmonson and Cairney as my 4th and 5th mids and Charlie Austin as my 3rd striker
    I’m giving serious consideration to downgrading gudmonson to another 5ml mid (ralls or Neves) and rotating the pair of them
    Can then upgrade Austin if I want to Josh King to another sicknote in Chris Wood
    It would also leave me with 5ml to sort my 5ml defender issue by buying a 5.5ml defender !!!!
    I would then have my most expensive defence ever with a 6ml two 5.5 , 4.5 and 4.0
    I could also of course go with 6 ml 5.5 5.0 & two 4.5 leaving me with a full 15 starters .............If wan bissaka starts last friendly that will help make mey mind up but also leave me with double palace defecnce more than likely !

LOL look at PVAs past seasons stats. As many goals as clean sheets most years. Fk it I will stick with him. If Wan Bisaka eends up nailing down a starting berth all the better I will take the price rises which will set off PVAs inevitable price drops!

Going against all my own advice and I’m splashing the cash in defence.

I’ve got Mendy and Robertson locked in and I won’t be changing but the final spot is between PVA and Bellerin.

Initially had PVA but currently have Bellerin. This is a real coin toss and I’ve no idea which way it’ll go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

PVA over Bellerin. Imo. Bellerin is dire. I had him in a draft last season for the year and just no..

PVA over Bellerin. Imo. Bellerin is dire. I had him in a draft last season for the year and just no..

Harsh on Bellerin.

I went in to last season raving about him and remember having him as first defender on teamsheet.

He didn’t do as well as I expected but was still the 8th highest scoring defender and looks like he missed about 3-4 games and was playing in an arsenal team managed by Wenger.

I think he has a higher ceiling than PVA, this season, but PVA is more fun to own.

If Pep is going to play 3-5-2 this season then I don’t think it automatically mean Aguero and Jesus up top.

More likely to still be just one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Totally didn't notice Southampton signing Gunn for 13.5m. Does he start right away for them? Would be harsh on McCarthy. With the Cedric news, it'd be nice to have a Soton keeper at 4.5m. Anyone know the story over their number one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

No idea but Willy at 5m would nice.

If Pep is going to play 3-5-2 this season then I don’t think it automatically mean Aguero and Jesus up top.

More likely to still be just one of them.

I agree . The likes of sterling will be upfront maybe even sane and mahrez at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Dyche doesn't do rotation especially with his back four . Mee has refused to sign a new contract it wouldn't surprise me if he is sold.

I don't think Burnley will be a great asset at the start of the season, the uefa cup will take its toll

Shame Hart wasn’t already listed although unlikely he would have been 4.0m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Shame Hart wasn’t already listed although unlikely he would have been 4.0m.

A good (priced) Hart these days is hard to find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Green&Red wrote: »
    I don't think Burnley will be a great asset at the start of the season, the uefa cup will take its toll

I thought that too originally but will the competitive football stand them in better shape for the start? Their first 6 look ok

Cardiff scored 21 goals from set pieces
    That's incredible !
    Centre halves Morrison got 7 bamba 4
    I'm currently reading Four Four Two season preview which is always helpful for the promoted clubs

I thought that too originally but will the competitive football stand them in better shape for the start? Their first 6 look ok

It's not the competitiveness as much as the short turnaround between games (Thurs evening to Sun afternoon)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Kevin Mirallas gone to Fiorentina

Advertisement