Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

callaway92 wrote: »
    Kevin Mirallas gone to Fiorentina

Who is that I hear sobbing in the corner...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

km79 wrote: »
    Who is that I hear sobbing in the corner...........

You’d want to have been some clown to have him in your team in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

manual_man wrote: »
    It's not the competitiveness as much as the short turnaround between games (Thurs evening to Sun afternoon)

And injuries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Any word on David Silva lads or have I missed something? Not in a lot of teams (Pep I know) but still, 8.5 and was solid returns last season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Any word on David Silva lads or have I missed something? Not in a lot of teams (Pep I know) but still, 8.5 and was solid returns last season

He's in my team now. Pep loves him and his PPG was excellent last season. Safer starter than Sané going forward imo, though Sané could score strongly in the opening games

• Advertisement

I've made a few tweaks and now should have 15 starters
    I'm having difficulty picking starting 11
    Maybe .........BB.........maybe
    Few attackers playing defenders though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I’ve had Silva since draft one and he’s been a constant pick. It seems a lottery at city especially at the start so who knows!

Need more info next week but he’s in for now for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Is Sane a risky move now? Who are the top 3 safest city mids do we think, at least for the first 6 games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Last year, if I remember correctly, Aguero and Jesus started most games together before Mendy got injured. It was only after that, he changed the formation and started rotating them. 

I think with the likes of Sane, you just have to accept that he will start maybe 80% of the time. I think it is essential to have one of these mids even if you end up with a few 0 or 1 point weeks. It is a bit of a lottery. I'll be going with Sane from week 1 on the basis that he didnt play the WC and I expect him to come flying out of the blocks. 

The exception is KDB who should be nailed on once he is back to fitness. I think Bilva will share more minutes with Dilva this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'm really struggling to get the motivation to open the website to put a team together, all just to face another season of misery :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Mhky/Firmino
    or
    Mane/Zaha?

Mhky/Firmino
    or
    Mane/Zaha?
    Second one

shineon23 wrote: »
    I'm really struggling to get the motivation to open the website to put a team together, all just to face another season of misery :D
    But Cedric .........4.5.........wingback ........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

shineon23 wrote: »

Same here.

Haven't ever read much on the forum. Gonna do last minute team. Still on auto pick :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,151 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Bournemouth breaking the bank to sign Lerma.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1025798838072881155

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,151 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Rondon has agreed terms with #nufc and is ready to sign. Loan swap is in place subject to Gayle agreeing terms. Meaning Gayle could return in future. Loan fees will also be involved if deal rubber stamped. More to follow. #wba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

will KdeB start the early games this season, was ever present last season and i dont want a city headache again this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1025852900151644160?s=19

Mahrez v Maitland-Niles should be interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1025852900151644160?s=19

Mahrez v Maitland-Niles should be interesting...

EDIT: Never mind, he's down as a midfielder. That's annoying

will KdeB start the early games this season, was ever present last season and i dont want a city headache again this season

Probably good to start gw2. An option for some might be an Alexis punt gw1 then transfer him to KDB gw2

?

• Advertisement

Lacazette assist for Aubameyangs goal in a 2-0 victory tonight.

If Emery starts with Laza up top of a 433 with Auba on the left, I really think he’ll be fantastic value at 9.5

The two of them really click together and have 11 pre season goals, no WC and may well start we’ll albeit with 2 difficult fixtures in the beginning.

Anyone care to talk me out of it? With Laca in, forces me to leave Firmino out and would bring in a Mane/Salah dbl up

Anyone care to talk me out of this Lacazette madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If Emery starts with Laza up top of a 433 with Auba on the left, I really think he’ll be fantastic value at 9.5

The two of them really click together and have 11 pre season goals, no WC and may well start we’ll albeit with 2 difficult fixtures in the beginning.

Anyone care to talk me out of it? With Laca in, forces me to leave Firmino out and would bring in a Mane/Salah dbl up

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

I'm on board the Lacabus too(for now at least!).

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter :)

Apologies for the long winded message below but hopefully will see the method to the madness.

Had a look back through a number of results from last season as well as pre season and they're quite strong. Yes it's pre season but they can be v promising (apart from the likes of Nathan Redmond in previous years)

When Auba signed in Jan, Lacazette had an injury so they were unable to play together for a while, added to Aubameyang being cup tied in Europe. Note the games below only include when the 2 are on the pitch together (and open to it being mistaken)

First time they played together was a 1-0 loss to Spurs, Auba starting Lacazette subbed on after 65 so not counting this.

Next time was 01/04: a 3-0 win vs Stoke. Auba started. Laca came on after 61’. Auba got 2 goals, Lacazette got 1.
    15/04 vs Newcastle: both start. Laca assisted by Auba
    22/04 vs West Ham. Laca starts. 1-1 then Auba comes on. Win 4-1. Laza (2) assisted once by Auba
    06/05 vs Burnley 5-0. Both start. Auba (2) 1 assist by Laca. Aubameyang 1 assist too. Lacazette (1)
    13/05. Both start. 1-0 win (Auba)

Pre season.
    8-0 win vs Boreham Wood. Auba (3) Laca assisted once by Auba. Laca (1)
    1-1 draw vs Atletico blank
    5-1 vs PSG Laca (2) Auba 1 assist for Ozil
    1-1 vs Chelsea. Laca goal came on for Auba. Blank
    2-0 vs Lazio. Laca starts. Assists for Auba who comes on to score

It's a toss up between the pair but with Lacazette 1.5 cheaper, I'm set to rock with him as it stands. When they both play, they both flourish it appears with Emery favouring Aubameyang on the left, Lacazette upfront. EDIT: I'm counting they;ve scored 8 goals this pre season rather than 11 as previously stated (this 11 figure was on FFS)

I'm on board the Lacabus too(for now at least!).

Lacaubus if you're doubling up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

It's a toss up between the pair but with Lacazette 1.5 cheaper, I'm set to rock with him as it stands. When they both play, they both flourish it appears with Emery favouring Aubameyang on the left, Lacazette upfront. EDIT: I'm counting they;ve scored 8 goals this pre season rather than 11 as previously stated (this 11 figure was on FFS)

Interesting. They do seem fairly evenly matched. I agree in that it's the price that is the clincher for Lacazette. The only concern I have is those 1st 2 games could see slim returns. But after that their run of games is fairly damn good. Can see lots of goals for them there.

From FFS
    But there is even more to pay attention to in the wide areas for today’s match. FPL defender Victor Moses (£6.0m) has now been used as a second-half substitute on the right of the forward line twice in pre-season, creating serious potential for him to be a powerful out-of-position option

Interesting

The fact that Benjamin Mendy (£6.0m) was in the training squad for the pre-season tour has proved not quite as encouraging as first thought, because the Frenchman was not involved in any matches in the USA

Fk didn't realise that :(

Lads will hazard start the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Lads will hazard start the season?

Highly unlikely. Think he’s only back training tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Hmmm I have been switching between Laca & Auba and never really thought about both - too many eggs in one basket perhaps though?

Advertisement