Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hmmm I have been switching between Laca & Auba and never really thought about both - too many eggs in one basket perhaps though?

Would be beyond daft

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

With the amount of uncertainty with players coming back from the WC I'd say I'll definitely be wildcarding early this year so will be setting my team up for the first 3 weeks.

I'm finding myself trebling up with firmino, mane and Salah due to lack of options elsewhere. Of those that interest me:

Spurs - not certain to be starting gw1 (Kane/erisken)
    City - kdb is the one I would want but again not certain to be starting. Can't deal with the heartache of aguero and personally think he's ever so slightly past his best after all the various injuries. Tempted by sane but again for that price tag you never know when he'll start.
    Chelsea - hazard not likely to start gw1.
    Arsenal - would have gone for auba/lacazette but their fixtures for the first 3 weeks are quite bad.
    United - don't really want much to do with united given the mourinho situation but I have Sanchez in my team atm with a view to bringing in kdb for gw2 (albeit pre-planning transfers is never a good idea).

Up front I was originally going with the 7m strikers (Arnie and zaha) but have now found myself on Austin and Deeney. Both have good fixtures and both should be on penalties. Austin has always done well when fit. Deeney has never been prolific in the PL but can score in bursts. I'd rather have the likes of Arnie over both over the course of the season but for the first 3 gws I'm willing to take a punt on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

God I hope Mendy starts today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Me too or it is firmly back to the drawing board !!!! Especially with firmino starting yday

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭midfield dynamo

I have Auba in my team but I'm starting to sway towards Laca. Could use the 1.5m somewhere else! An alternative plan could be to steer clear of both for first two game weeks, make no changes in those 2 weeks meaning you have 2 free transfers in game week 3 and you could then bring one of them in.

A lot is going to depend on differentials. Everywhere I look, people are putting Jota from Wolves in their teams, but ignoring Neves and Mourinho. Also, a lot of people relying on Zaha or Arnie up top. I like the look of Wood off Burnley and he's only 6.5m. I've also put Maddison from Leicester in, hoping he carries his championship form into this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

ScummyMan wrote: »

Say he starts today as a wingback and goes nuts. Then he starts on the bench next weekend. This would be so Pep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Is Mendy really that attacking? I am sure I looked at his stats before and thought he is no PVA! :D

After being 100% sure on Arnie, with a back-up choice of Zaha I am now looking at King. Like many I am thinking of a W3-ish wildcard when the world cup guys should be fully back (Kane, Lukaku etc.) and I could see Bournemouth netting a few in their opening games. Thought he had a disappointing season last year but actually looking at it stats and points-wise it was decent enough as the likes of Arnie & Zaha were scoring as mids and King as a forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,151 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Current ownership showing:
    Sane 19%
    Mahrez 4%

Probably not that accurate as people are on their 50th drafts etc. but Mahrez looking like a slight differential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Current ownership showing:
    Sane 19%
    Mahrez 4%

Probably not that accurate as people are on their 50th drafts etc. but Mahrez looking like a slight differential.

Both started today, alongside scorer Aguero. Intriguingly, Hudson-Odoi still in Chelsea's first XI!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Both started today, alongside scorer Aguero. Intriguingly, Hudson-Odoi still in Chelsea's first XI!

Currently going with Mahrez, Aguero and Hudson-Odoi myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Saved myself a nice bit of money going Bernardo over Mahrez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Yerri Mina seems to be heading to Everton.

I'll be interested in his price.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Yerri Mina seems to be heading to Everton.

I'll be interested in his price.
    5ml without a shadow of doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »

Those World Cup goals though. Could sway him upwards in the reactive eyes of FPL headquarters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

km79 wrote: »

As CSF said, they could easily sneak an extra .5 on because of the goals.

By rights, he should be 5.0 though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

SlickRic wrote: »
    As CSF said, they could easily sneak an extra .5 on because of the goals.

By rights, he should be 5.0 though.

And the fact that he's signing from Barcelona.

I'm voting for 5.5m.

He shouldn’t be though
    But I suspect he may well be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

How did Mendy and Mahrez play today?......

Was thinking of Dilva but seems he had no involvement today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That aguero show today has me now moving away from my planned GW1 BB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭macraignil

How did Mendy and Mahrez play today?......

Was thinking of Dilva but seems he had no involvement today.

Only saw highlights but Mendy looked good.
    Mahrez was a bit less convincing.
    Got to find a way to put more City in my team now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That aguero show today has me now moving away from my planned GW1 BB.

I was watching MOTD and said to myself that Busts would be mad to BB. Sad. But true.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Might have found a nice deferential in Holebas at 4.5m, who would be fairly well known here.

From what I read, he seems to be in Watford's strongest starting 11s this pre season. He was mentioned six times in their report below from their last match. He's yellow flagged but I reckon that will be removed as he played the full 90 on Saturday. I know he's prone to a lot of YCs but with their nice opening fixtures, and a potential early WC to get rid if needed, I think I'll chance him.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/16398846.watford-draw-with-sampdoria-on-graham-taylor-matchday/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Might have found a nice deferential in Holebas at 4.5m, who would be fairly well known here.
    He's on my shortlist. On free kicks and corners too.

sheroman01 wrote: »

From what I read, he seems to be in Watford's strongest starting 11s this pre season. He was mentioned six times in their report below from their last match. He's yellow flagged but I reckon that will be removed as he played the full 90 on Saturday. I know he's prone to a lot of YCs but with their nice opening fixtures, and a potential early WC to get rid if needed, I think I'll chance him.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/16398846.watford-draw-with-sampdoria-on-graham-taylor-matchday/

Yep. Considering him too.

Might have to go with Foster if I want rotation with Patricio so not sure I want double Watford. Definitely want one though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Might have to go with Foster if I want rotation with Patricio so not sure I want double Watford. Definitely want one though.

Puts WOL/WAT into Cartmans excel...:eek:

Yoink.

What else ya selling?

So after saying, in the other thread, I’m really happy and content with my team Dilva doesn’t start the charity shield.

Ffs.

Clueless now as have zero desire to change things.

Would nearly go with no City. I mean I’m really really tempted to just avoid the headache.

If it wasn’t for the 6 fixtures sandwiched between Arsenal and Liverpool then I wouldn’t hesitate to go without.

Didn’t Crabtree win it without any LFC players the year a few of them were hot to trot ?

As a Toffee he wouldn’t let one near his team and it did him no harm in the end.

So it is possible. I’m sure everyone and their dog said it couldn’t be done, that year, without LFC attack coverage but it was.

So is there a conversation to be had about avoiding City bar maybe KDB ? And only when he is back obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’m so conflicted re Sanchez. Like all conventional wisdom says no, and yet I’m heavily considering starting with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Fulham set to sign Chambers on loan

Advertisement