Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,891 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

manual_man wrote:
    Fulham set to sign Chambers on loan

4.5m but will he start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

CSF wrote: »
    I’m so conflicted re Sanchez. Like all conventional wisdom says no, and yet I’m heavily considering starting with him.

Unless he has been tearing up preseason, very quiet from Jan-May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Unless he has been tearing up preseason, very quiet from Jan-May.

No Lukaku means he will likely be the front man. I know there’s a million reasons why I shouldn’t go with him, but I still can’t shake the idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

No Lukaku means he will likely be the front man. I know there’s a million reasons why I shouldn’t go with him, but I still can’t shake the idea.

Took him out for Mata yesterday. Now I'm questioning Mata. As a United fan it's hard to get excited at all. Sanchez may explode but I don't think you'll be too bad off without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

PARlance wrote: »
    Took him out for Mata yesterday. Now I'm questioning Mata. As a United fan it's hard to get excited at all. Sanchez may explode but I don't think you'll be too bad off without him.

I think Mata might be a better shout actually yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I’m so conflicted re Sanchez. Like all conventional wisdom says no, and yet I’m heavily considering starting with him.

I'm the same. I really want him but its arsenal Sanchez I keep remembering. I still reckon I'll go with him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I've been through a few drafts now. The meat of team hasn't changed and I have my plan set for the first few GWs.

One thing that I realise has been constantly bugging me however is that I'm very unsure about Everton assets. I think I've had drafts with 3 Everton players and also drafts with none and can make an argument for both!

The opening 7 fixtures are incredibly generous.

However, on the other hand, apparently their pre-season form has been poor and there's a lot of unknowns with a new manager.

Some conundrums in each area:

Defence: I'm strongly considering a defender because of the fixtures, but then again, is Marco Silva a man who concerns himself with clean sheets? If no CB is signed then Jagielka seems an inexpensive option at 4.5 which is cheap enough to answer this question, but if they do then is an extra 0.5 justifiable for Keane (5.0) over a solid 4.5 option at another club based on fixtures alone?

Midfield: Richarlison was a great points earner last year and should be nailed on. He's exactly what you want in FF, greedy, gets in great positions. You could argue he's an OOP option as he's essentially a wide-forward. On the other hand he had a poor end to the last season and is still presumably finding his feet at his new club. I'd be interested if anyone has seen him pre-season and can comment.

Walcott is also the same price and is an old FF stalwart / favourite.

Siggy at 7.5 is probably too much to consider right now (for me anyway), but he is such a reliable FF performer and presumably on pens.

If Silva is to play an attacking brand of football you'd expect contributions from the midfield.

Striker: Tosun (7.0) is overpriced imo, but again the fixtures suddenly make him look like value. He was average last season but has a good scoring rate generally.

His main rivals at that price bracket are Zaha, Arnie (both 7.0) and King (6.5). Personally I think Arnie is close to a must-have at that price despite the fixtures, but I'm strongly considering going with Tosun ahead of Zaha.

Has anyone watched Everton pre-season or has any comments on above?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Man United have had a poor per-season, but Alexis has actually been quite good. 2 goals and an assist playing as the front man, and he has passed the eye test from the games I have watched.

United traditionally start the season quickly too, remember last year when everyone was scrambling to have Pogba/Mkhi/Lukaku?

He has a relatively easy start to the season also, and is absolutely nailed on.

I think for anyone wildcarding early (which should be everyone this year), he is an excellent choice. There's too many risks out there with most of the other premium players, at least for the first few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Morzadec wrote: »
    I've been through a few drafts now. The meat of team hasn't changed and I have my plan set for the first few GWs.

One thing that I realise has been constantly bugging me however is that I'm very unsure about Everton assets. I think I've had drafts with 3 Everton players and also drafts with none and can make an argument for both!

The opening 7 fixtures are incredibly generous.

However, on the other hand, apparently their pre-season form has been poor and there's a lot of unknowns with a new manager.

Some conundrums in each area:

Defence: I'm strongly considering a defender because of the fixtures, but then again, is Marco Silva a man who concerns himself with clean sheets? If no CB is signed then Jagielka seems an inexpensive option at 4.5 which is cheap enough to answer this question, but if they do then is an extra 0.5 justifiable for Keane (5.0) over a solid 4.5 option at another club based on fixtures alone?

Midfield: Richarlison was a great points earner last year and should be nailed on. He's exactly what you want in FF, greedy, gets in great positions. You could argue he's an OOP option as he's essentially a wide-forward. On the other hand he had a poor end to the last season and is still presumably finding his feet at his new club. I'd be interested if anyone has seen him pre-season and can comment.

Walcott is also the same price and is an old FF stalwart / favourite.

Siggy at 7.5 is probably too much to consider right now (for me anyway), but he is such a reliable FF performer and presumably on pens.

If Silva is to play an attacking brand of football you'd expect contributions from the midfield.

Striker: Tosun (7.0) is overpriced imo, but again the fixtures suddenly make him look like value. He was average last season but has a good scoring rate generally.

His main rivals at that price bracket are Zaha, Arnie (both 7.0) and King (6.5). Personally I think Arnie is close to a must-have at that price despite the fixtures, but I'm strongly considering going with Tosun ahead of Zaha.

Has anyone watched Everton pre-season or has any comments on above?

As an Everton fan the only players I'm considering are richarlison and tosun who scored a cracker on Saturday. Defence is a mess with only Coleman guaranteed to start as they hope to sign two centre halves this week. Digne will be eased in I'd imagine to replace baines. I was impressed with digne as he seems very eager to get forward.

Siggy was on corners and set pieces so he might get more points now that Rooney is gone who wanted to take everything last season. He'll be playing more central this season. Walcott is just back fit so I'd leave him alone for a few weeks but he will start every week as I think bolasie will be sold or loaned out.

Richarlison looks very good in the games I've watched so I'll be picking him and tosun was decent last season in a very dour team. Walcott siggy and richarlison should give him plenty of service in a more forward thinking team than last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Rashford started up front yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

looking at a league of leftbacks for a possible bb gw1

PVA linked with Juventus. Finally getting the respect he deserves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

manual_man wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is fantasy football scout worth paying for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is fantasy football scout worth paying for?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Umm, WHAT?!!!!!!!!

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Think it was a condition Ronaldo had before signing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

KevIRL wrote: »
    Think it was a condition Ronaldo had before signing

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I don't care about the 500k wages, just get PVA."

• Advertisement

Has the boy no ambition?:D:D

He does! To be a cult FSA hero!

Can't aim any higher than that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Rondon to Newcastle official now!

Too soon to include him this week I guess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rondon to Newcastle official now!

Too soon to include him this week I guess?

LOL

He is actually a decent player though. West Brom was where strikers went to die!!!!
    Not sure Newcastle will create a whole lot more chances either though

Apparently Courtois has not returned to Chelsea training as expected today

Just had a look at ownership figures
    DDG highest keeper - 29.4% United clean sheets will hurt if no defensive cover.......Pickford next at 22%
    Trippier and Maguire highest defenders???????????? Followed by Charlie Daniels

Salah highest own midfielder and player in the enitre game by a large distance. 50%. It is not work the risk Mr P........

Firmino highest own striker in 35% of teams which is food for thought for me too . I do think he could be good value but so could the zaha/arnie/king/austin etc
    kane 33%............zaha 31, arnie 25 auba 22 aguro 20

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

km79 wrote: »
    Just had a look at ownership figures
    DDG highest keeper - 29.4% United clean sheets will hurt if no defensive cover.......Pickford next at 22%
    Trippier and Maguire highest defenders???????????? Followed by Charlie Daniels

Salah highest own midfielder and player in the enitre game by a large distance. 50%. It is not work the risk Mr P........

Firmino highest own striker in 35% of teams which is food for thought for me too . I do think he could be good value but so could the zaha/arnie/king/austin etc
    kane 33%............zaha 31, arnie 25 auba 22 aguero 20

This is the most depressing considering he probably wasn't much over 10% before yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bernard to join Everton, subject to work permit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Sorry if its been asked, but I'm only really back in now - what are the numbers for the boards/FSA leagues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Do we reckon Hudson odoi will start against Huddersfield?

And on a related note has anyone got a good source for predicted lineups in general?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Wilberto wrote:
    This is the most depressing considering he probably wasn't much over 10% before yesterday.

He was at 18% I think. I checked a couple of nights ago.

Advertisement