Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Apparently Courtois has not returned to Chelsea training as expected today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Any time is good time when Caballero is your other keeper :)

CSF wrote: »
    Any time is good time when Caballero is your other keeper :)

Pity Jaukopovic is 4.5
    I hope they go for Pickford and get him but Everton don't have time to replace him so we can also get stek in at 4ml LOL

I've a feeling Butland will end up at whichever club loses their keeper though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,521 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pity Jaukopovic is 4.5
    I hope they go for Pickford and get him but Everton don't have time to replace him so we can also get stek in at 4ml LOL

I've a feeling Butland will end up at whichever club loses their keeper though

Leicester already signed Ward as replacement from Liverpool.

Can someone please link me Cartmans spreadsheet ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Can someone please link me Cartmans spreadsheet ????

Think this is the one...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Cartman78 wrote: »
    As promised, here's the latest headwrecker/squad planning sheet.

I've put a column in for player value - at the minute this will be manual but I'll have a look at automating something if I get time and, more importantly, access to a player database.

I've added the European games as well which might be useful I think - not 100% sure if I've got them in between the right gameweeks so let me know if there's anything incorrect and I'll update.

Just to note as well - as with the previous sheet, the 3 letter team name (ARS, CHE etc) is the main driver for the formulas so player name isn't critical at the minute so you can fire away with KDB, Bavies etc. This might change if I manage to get my hands on the pricing information.

Bump

Thanks

@MUFC__RG: 🚨 BREAKING 🚨 Juan Mata has been offered to @Inter_en by @ManUtd.
    #MUFC #UTFR #GGMU #RT.
    [Di Marzio] 🗞
    It’s starting to heat up! Maybe a Juan Mata ♻️ Ivan Perišić swap deal?

Dont even know why have bothered doing up squads
    Thursday and then Friday are going to be manic!!!!
    Waiting for transfer AND manager updates
    Stress !!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    He was at 18% I think. I checked a couple of nights ago.

He was 12.9% pre kick-off yesterday.

• Advertisement

Lucas Perez close to signing for West Ham per the BBC.

I have a feeling people are going to get stung by both Arnautovic and Zaha.

If Zaha leaves, he’s probably not going to play every week for one of the big boys and in any case will be out wide. If Ings signs for Palace, he’s probably going to get moved back out wide too.

Perez looks to be joining the West Ham ranks, there’s Hernandez there too.

I really don’t think FPL should have re-classified them as strikers to be honest.

Paully D wrote: »

If Zaha leaves, he’s probably not going to play every week for one of the big boys and in any case will be out wide. If Ings signs for Palace, he’s probably going to get moved back out wide too.

I really don’t think FPL should have re-classified them as strikers to be honest.
    I have king and Arnie as my mid price at moment
    But Austin is still tempting me . He is prob on pens too . Those West Ham fixtures are STINK but Arnie can score against anyone on his day
    Gonna be a late tough call which will probably be decided by talk life transfers which affect rest of my squad

Ings would also be very very tempting

Perez looks a very good striker from the limited times I’ve seen him.

Rafa was interested and I would have preferred he went there.

Can’t remember but think he might be a sick note but definitely looked a very good finisher when I seen him play.

Would prefer to see him go somewhere he’d be guaranteed to be starting up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Mitrovic lads. Seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,151 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Sorry if its been asked, but I'm only really back in now - what are the numbers for the boards/FSA leagues?

The Boards free league code is in the sticky up at the top of the forum. Not many in it at the moment, people mustn't be aware of the sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Sorry if its been asked, but I'm only really back in now - what are the numbers for the boards/FSA leagues?

The Boards free league code is in the sticky up at the top of the forum. Not many in it at the moment, people mustn't be aware of the sticky.

I can’t find what you’re referring to. Please link.

Big Borg wrote: »
    I can’t find what you’re referring to. Please link.

It's the thread in the stickied threads at the top of the forum.

What forum?

I can’t find any sticky posts. Please link the thread that you’re referring to.

• Advertisement

What forum?

This forum obviously.
    I can’t find any sticky posts. Please link the thread that you’re referring to.

Instead of going round in circles I'll just give you the code -> 188879-332210

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Finding it tough going this year, the anxiety about not owning Salah is fierce but I’m tempted to gamble. Not seeing Sane on many teams, surely with him being dropped for the World Cup he will be well rested and raring to go. Getting it tight to shoehorn himself, Sergio and Mo in though.

I’m going to have to roll with a sub £7.0m striking option and I’m really caught in two (or five!) minds about who to go with.

My current thinking, in no particular order:

1) Austin - only a couple of elite options including Harry Kane had better minutes per chance stats than Austin when he played last season. If he plays, will be on penalties. Concerns are obviously injury and withdrawals around the 75th minute. Is £0.5m cheaper than others below.

2) King - has racked up a huge amount of minutes in pre-season for Bournemouth. Has scored a hat trick in one of the games. Looks set to finally get a run of games in his favored striking position. Will have penalties.

3) Mitrovic - excellent under the current Fulham set up in the Championship. Has however done nothing but get sent off in the Premier League this far, but will play every week in what should be a pretty attacking Fulham side. Main concern is potential red card(s).

If Ings got a move to Palace as reported that would change things, but realistically I’m looking at a wildcard in gameweek 4 or so before he’s up to speed and a real option anyway.

Any thoughts on this £6.5m or less striking position?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I’m going to have to roll with a sub £7.0m striking option and I’m really caught in two (or five!) minds about who to go with.

1) Austin - only a couple of elite options including Harry Kane had better minutes per chance stats than Austin when he played last season. If he plays, will be on penalties. Concerns are obviously injury and withdrawals around the 75th minute. Is £0.5m cheaper than others below.

2) King - has racked up a huge amount of minutes in pre-season for Bournemouth. Has scored a hat trick in one of the games. Looks set to finally get a run of games in his favored striking position. Will have penalties.

3) Mitrovic - excellent under the current Fulham set up in the Championship. Has however done nothing but get sent off in the Premier League this far, but will play every week in what should be a pretty attacking Fulham side. Main concern is potential red card(s).

If Ings got a move to Palace as reported that would change things, but realistically I’m looking at a wildcard in gameweek 4 or so before he’s up to speed and a real option anyway.

I think I'll probably be swapping between King and Mitrovic at that price for the season unless I boot Sanchez from midfield and free up some funds (which can easily happen).

I'm really interested in Jimenez at Wolves, at 5.5. I have Jota in midfield, who's a bit overpriced at 6.5 for a newly promoted team and a fella in a debut season but we'll see how it goes.

Ings wouldn’t have penalties and is possibly as injury prone as Austin.

King is probably the safe bet but you’d need a crowbar to get me off Austin. I think he’s a FPL beast when fit and available.

I’ll go with Austin until the inevitable injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Anybody leaning towards Costa off wolves? 5.0M on set pieces and corners according to a post I read here awhile ago. Don't see much else about him on boards tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Andre gray has had a decent pre season and good opening fixtures . If wood is injured Ashley Barnes would be another good option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Anybody leaning towards Costa off wolves? 5.0M on set pieces and corners according to a post I read here awhile ago. Don't see much else about him on boards tho.

I think they are signing Traore which may affect his gametime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ings wouldn’t have penalties and is possibly as injury prone as Austin.

King is probably the safe bet but you’d need a crowbar to get me off Austin. I think he’s a FPL beast when fit and available.

I’ll go with Austin until the inevitable injury.
    That was 2014

Advertisement