Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'm considering ditching Mendy now for a United defender after looking at DDG ownership.

But which one .....

At least we have clarity on the keeper situation now anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Calum Chambers on loan to Fulham official now.

Keeping an eye on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

If only Sturridge cud stay fit,think that's 3 in 3 for him,maybe he'll go b4 Thu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Scoutcast starting any minute now:

https://youtu.be/9kjRm7Yh3wk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

eh i dunno wrote: »
    6 goals 7 assists in 33 games last season.thats pretty poor in Portugal

That's why Jota is 1m more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Oh Mane.... he is off form. Just don’t think I can take the plunge now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Mane will have an amazing season. Guaranteed

I see lots of people , me included , acting like Fulham and wolves will be easily safe. So so risky.

Could be miles off the pace.

Wolves signed no good cb and no good striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If only Sturridge cud stay fit,think that's 3 in 3 for him,maybe he'll go b4 Thu

Think I said it a few weeks back - 6m for him would be gold if he got any regular time for Liverpool.

Edit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Paully D wrote: »
    I’m starting to think he will start against Newcastle and as I’ll want him almost immediately, I’m getting very tempted to include him for the off.

I’m not worried about his August record. His underlying numbers were superb last August and how he didn’t have at least 4 goals in that period is beyond me.

Have been thinking the same. Will be watching pochetinos comments closely.

FHFC wrote: »

Hmmmm. I’m glad I’m not the only one!

Keep me updated with what you decide mate.

I have a bit of spare time tonight so might compile a Kane side to see how we’re looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,891 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

FHFC wrote:

Same here, but I'm on Kyle walker Peters watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This season, once it properly gets going, will have no template team. I reckon it's going to make it all fascinating.

You can't seriously have Salah, Aguero and Kane in the same team while still having premium defenders.

Laca and Auba will be big scorers after GW1 and 2 IMO.
    And what about Lukaku?
    And Sterling? I've barely seen him mentioned. If his output is the same as last season, 11.0 will be fine.
    And who knows? Sanchez could hit form.

I predict a mental season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hmmmm. I’m glad I’m not the only one!

Keep me updated with what you decide mate.

I have a bit of spare time tonight so might compile a Kane side to see how we’re looking.

My biggest problem with it is that I don't want to lose Aguero under any circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Starting to consider TAA (5.0) now over Robbo and VVD (6.0). Played last night in a friendly and was very good apparently.

I do think he's Klopp's first choice. Rotation risk possibly for the big games but arguably you don't want to start a Pool defender in those games.

Then you also have Lovren coming back at 5.0 so could be a straight swap in a WC.

Saving that 1.0 is very tempting when I'd predict him to start...

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/16401380.southampton-manager-mark-hughes-on-the-return-of-cedric-soares/

Could still feature gw1.............He is still my 4.5ml defender of choice

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big mac and fries

Which do you think is a better forward pairing

Aguero and Aubameyang

or

Kane and Lacazette

Both sets cost the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Wait for gameweek 3 for the Arsenal forward and you should have seen enough to decide on Lacazette vs Aubamayang. It will also be closer to September making it safer to bring in Kane :)

Everyone is talking about Aguero - have I missed something about Jesus? He pretty much ousted Aguero last season when he was fit and Aguero did not seem to be the player he was previously either last season or during the World Cup.

Why all the Aguero love again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Trent is by no means nailed to start GW1. Don't be surprised to see Clyne start.

Clyne-VVD-Gomez-Robertson was played as a combo a lot in pre-season.

Trent could easily start, but it's too risky IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Officer999

Any love for Seri from Fulham? Linked with Barcelona last season.

Only 5.5

Officer999 wrote: »
    Any love for Seri from Fulham? Linked with Barcelona last season.

Only 5.5

One to watch perhaps but had pretty poor output in goals and assists last season at Nice.

A good output the year previous.

He seems to be a midfield dictator, so I'm not sure if he'll be right at the front end where you want him.

Considering it's 1.0 more for Sessegnon who's essentially a wide forward and is guaranteed to get amongst their goals a lot, or 0.5 less for Cairney who's a proven solid performer in the team, it doesn't look like a great call.

Worth keeping an eye on exactly what his role is in the Fulham team, but 5.5 for a Fulham midfielder who's not explicitly an attacking-mid playmaker or a wide forward seems excessive to me.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Trent is by no means nailed to start GW1. Don't be surprised to see Clyne start.

Clyne-VVD-Gomez-Robertson was played as a combo a lot in pre-season.

Trent could easily start, but it's too risky IMO.

Pearce from the Liverpool Echo seems to think he'll start. Not nailed but one to consider, and I may take this as a calculated risk as I'll have a decent bench option to fall back on for GW1 at least.

Seems like he was impressive last night and involved in a lot of attacks, so I think Klopp would fancy him for a home game as Clyne does not offer enough in attack (imo).

Also worth considering that while he's only recently back, it's not like he had an intense World Cup by any means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

budgemook wrote: »
    Wait for gameweek 3 for the Arsenal forward and you should have seen enough to decide on Lacazette vs Aubamayang. It will also be closer to September making it safer to bring in Kane :)

Everyone is talking about Aguero - have I missed something about Jesus? He pretty much ousted Aguero last season when he was fit and Aguero did not seem to be the player he was previously either last season or during the World Cup.

Charity shield 2 goals innit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Morzadec wrote: »
    Starting to consider TAA (5.0) now over Robbo and VVD (6.0). Played last night in a friendly and was very good apparently.

I do think he's Klopp's first choice. Rotation risk possibly for the big games but arguably you don't want to start a Pool defender in those games.
    TAA was rested for the "easy games" last year - missed about 4 clean sheets on him.

budgemook wrote: »

"Again"? True love never fades!

The Official App is free again this year. Was it free last year too? I used it one year then they tried to charge for it a year later.

Pochettino has said (via ESPN) that Harry Kane “secretly” returned to training two days after he arrived home from the World Cup.

The plot thickens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Pochettino has said (via ESPN) that Harry Kane “secretly” returned to training two days after he arrived home from the World Cup.

The plot thickens.

Aside from the Kane doesn't score in August thing (which I don't put too much weight in). Kane looked like he needed a rest during the summer imo, without a break this would put me off him a bit tbh. Having said that, just watch him back a hat trick in GW1!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The Official App is free again this year. Was it free last year too? I used it one year then they tried to charge for it a year later.

Yeah free last year.

Advertisement