Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Paully D wrote: »
    Pochettino has said (via ESPN) that Harry Kane “secretly” returned to training two days after he arrived home from the World Cup.

The plot thickens.

As long as he continues to play secretly in August, I'll be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kane is at 32.9% ownership!

Fúcking hell. :eek:

He could drop like a stone if he does nothing early doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,891 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Kane and Lacazette

Both of these are on penalties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/16401380.southampton-manager-mark-hughes-on-the-return-of-cedric-soares/

Could still feature gw1.............He is still my 4.5ml defender of choice

This is brilliant news

Is there any chance Pogba could start at the weekend?
    If he's not in Barcelona that is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Shedite27 wrote: »
    TAA was rested for the "easy games" last year - missed about 4 clean sheets on him.

That was at tail end though where top 4 looked pretty safe and they were deep in the CL. The CL ties were being prioritised and TAA was being saved for them, so not sure if the situation going into a new season can be compared

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Kane is at 32.9% ownership!

Fúcking hell. :eek:

He could drop like a stone if he does nothing early doors.

Very surprising indeed. Let's hope for that beautiful drop. I also think we could see Cedric drop a lot too if Soton start bad.

Looking at that they all have Rice in midfield for WH, worth an OOP punt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Green&Red wrote: »
    Looking at that they all have Rice in midfield for WH, worth an OOP punt?

That caught my attention preseason too but I had Fabianski nailed on as my keeper........with those fixtures probably no point risking Rice either way although he could be rotated with another 4.5 I guess.......

Holebas was only in 1 of those 3 watford teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The Official App is free again this year. Was it free last year too? I used it one year then they tried to charge for it a year later.

It's always been free but it garbage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Any interest in Ryan Fraser?

Excellent pre-season, great underlying numbers last season, only £5.5m.

I currently have Josh King but Fraser is about the only 5.5 mid to interest me
    If I end up going with Austin instead of King I may well end up with Fraser

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

callaway92 wrote: »
    It's always been free but it garbage

It's grand for an emergency really. Like if there's one transfer that you forgot to make, or that you forgot to change your captain etc. and it's coming up to the deadline.

For tinkering with your squad though, then yes, it's absolutely useless. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Hmm 2 out of 3 Liverpool fans have Clyne over TAA, making me re-think my potential punt on TAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Never put much faith in predicted lineups from fans.

Just because someone is a fan doesn't mean they actually know anything about football. Some awful idiots out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I think TAA will start, but wouldn’t be one bit surprised if it was Clyne. I wouldn’t risk It tbh.

I also think there will be far more TAA/Clyne rotation than Robertson/Moreno rotation. Far, far more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Considering Mane week 1, keeping .5m itb and bringing in KDB for week 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

For believers in the various FF superstitions, this changes everything:

https://twitter.com/HKane/status/1027161019481837568

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Matej Vydra, who has been a consistent Championship scorer, has now signed for Burnley - could be a decent third forward option.

Some interesting ownership figures:

Trippier 26.7%
    Maguire 24.6%
    Daniels 17.4%, will likely be dropped for their new signing after GW3

Salah 52.4%
    De Bruyne 28.3%
    Kante 18.2%
    Eriksen 17.7%
    Richarlison 16.4%
    Sane 16.3% vs Mahrez 4.9%
    Neves 14.4%

Firmino 35.3%
    Kane 32.2% (:eek:)
    Zaha 31%
    Aguero 24.7%, up from 12.9% pre Community Shield :rolleyes:
    Arnautovic 23.7%
    Aubameyang 21.1% vs Lacazette 4.4%
    Lukaku 13%

Lots of high ownership there on players who 100% won’t play in GW1, and may have bit-parts in GW2, too.

Interestingly De Gea is at 30%, but the next highest United defender is at 4.5%. Suggests that anyone without United defensive coverage isn’t going to get completely destroyed if they keep a clean sheet, at least early on anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Matej Vydra, who has been a consistent Championship scorer, has now signed for Burnley - could be a decent third forward option.

Too much competition there...Wood, Barnes, Vokes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Never been up to much in premier league before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lerma added as 4.5m mid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Think Robertson for pool will be the best if the premium defenders.

Also think city rotation could kill most people. Adding another winger is horrible for sterling and sane.

Also think Sanchez could be the differential to winning. He'll play basically as a striker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Think Robertson for pool will be the best if the premium defenders.

Also think city rotation could kill most people. Adding another winger is horrible for sterling and sane.

Also think Sanchez could be the differential to winning. He'll play basically as a striker
    1. He probably will.

2. You still need some sort of City cover. I'm going with Mahrez for the first while at least and might do a double switch to an Arsenal forward after GW3.

3. Sanchez looks fantastic but the Mourinho effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anyone got any decent opinions on PEA vs Lacazette +1.5M?

I'll be honest, I gave up on FPL and EPL towards the end of last year and missed PEA. From the small bits I've seen, he looks excellent. But at the same time, I think Lacazette could be a great buy if Arsenal are firing.

PEA has 4/5 times the ownership. Should I be going with the crowd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/1027174607411982339?s=19

Well he's no longer a hidden gem :rolleyes:

Two horrible fixtures for Arsenal in their first two games. You'll get a good idea as to how up for it Aubameyang will be based on those two games, while not being punished too much if he bangs in a couple. I'd wait and see, especially if you've a GW3 WC in the plans. Edit: Just realised you're looking for advice on either him or Lacazette........Abameyang al day long.

My own dilemma:
    Schurrle + Vardy + 0.5m
    or
    Iheanacho + Eriksen?

Has anyone considered Darmian over Shaw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Two horrible fixtures for Arsenal in their first two games. You'll get a good idea as to how up for it Aubameyang will be based on those two games, while not being punished too much if he bangs in a couple. I'd wait and see, especially if you've a GW3 WC in the plans. Edit: Just realised you're looking for advice on either him or Lacazette........Abameyang al day long.

My own dilemma:
    Schurrle + Vardy + 0.5m
    or
    Iheanacho + Eriksen?

Was thinking the regarding Arsenal. Hoping we'll be able to learn from those two tricky games and be confident in who we bring in for the good run.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/1027174607411982339?s=19

Well he's no longer a hidden gem :rolleyes:

It’s absolutely ridiculous how dumbed down and robotic the game has gone over the last few years.

There’s little point in bothering to plan these days such is how little of an advantage it brings compared to time invested.

Advertisement