Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Paully D wrote: »
    It’s absolutely ridiculous how dumbed down and robotic the game has gone over the last few years.

There’s little point in bothering to plan these days such is how little of an advantage it brings compared to time invested.

Yeah it wasn't so bad when ffs was under the radar that bit more but now it's got the official link pretty much everything is out there now. The team planners drive me crazy what's the point in playing if you're just going to use an algorithm to make your decisions for you? May as well just set up a bot to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

It’s absolutely ridiculous how dumbed down and robotic the game has gone over the last few years.

There’s little point in bothering to plan these days such is how little of an advantage it brings compared to time invested.

The real challenge is sticking to your gut with players that may be little owned but who you are confident will do well; Resisting jumping on bandwagons when you're not confident about the player in question... I guess i long for the romance of FF of old a bit as well, it's just a different type of challenge nowadays, but one with many intracacies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Why do people think reading boards and Twitter FPL accounts is different to reading the official FPL account?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think these kind of resources and template teams (and bot teams / algorithms if that's a thing?) can bring a clueless player to the top 100k perhaps, but you're not going to get a stellar finish on this alone.

There's still a lot of nuance to the game, experience, eye-test, decisions over team value vs waiting til later in the week, patience, decisions over points hits, how / when to use the chips - in short all the things we love about the game, that are very hard for someone who is either fair weather about football, FF or doesn't have a lot of experience in the game to get to grips with.

A "casual", or even a newer "obsessive", will still struggle over the course of the season even with these added resources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Why do people think reading boards and Twitter FPL accounts is different to reading the official FPL account?

Yeh I was just about to post this. Everybody here has posted advice on players and looked for advice on their teams.

Promoted teams with new players they haven't heard of so they post looking for advice in relation to them. I don't see any issue in this at all. At the end of the day it's up to you who you put in your team.

All the information is available to everybody it's just easier to come across now which I see as a benefit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Bernard joining Everton, wonder how that will affect things for there midfield. Could potentially be a good signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is digne guaranteed starter for Everton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

GetWithIt wrote: »
    For believers in the various FF superstitions, this changes everything:

https://twitter.com/HKane/status/1027161019481837568

Would that not mean that he scored in November?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

What a legend
    Kind of want him back in my team now
    Wan bisaka being a likely starter has been both a blessing and a curse :(

I don’t think PVA has really thought it all out very well tbh .......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    What a legend
    Kind of want him back in my team now
    Wan bisaka being a likely starter has been both a blessing and a curse :(

I don’t think PVA has really thought it all out very well tbh .......

Me too, I have Tomkins and just can't find the extra million for him. I wonder will be pay for the air fare if someone in some far flung place wins it?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,891 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

PARlance wrote:
    Anyone got any decent opinions on PEA vs Lacazette +1.5M?

Lacazette knocking them in pre season.
    Playing centrally up front.
    On penalties (afaik)
    1.5m cheaper.

Auba scored in most recent friendly but not much else afaik
    Playing out wide in more recent pre season games.
    Not on penalties.
    1.5m more expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

From Boards HQ:
    We have received notice of planned works taking place in the datacentre on Saturday, August 11th. It is possible that this will result in errors and disruption from 6am until 8pm. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.

:eek:

It's going to be fun in here on Saturday! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

From Boards HQ:

:eek:

It's going to be fun in here on Saturday! :pac:

Yeah... yeah... the day the league starts. Yeah, it'll be terrible stuff, terrible altogether.

Dum de dum de dum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

What's the best 4m / 4.5m defender option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've abandonded BenchBoost Week 1 for now - caved to the peer pressure on here.

I have somehow ended up with a frontline of KingKane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I a literally just going around in circles . Same lads jumping in and out of team. Utterly pointless until transfer window closes and managers pressers
    Friday will be fun LOL

If United do not sign a centre half Lindelof may be an even better shout than Shaw..........he can play RB too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Very little love for Sane in any teams I've seen and no talk about him. Should be as fresh as a daisy and with a point to prove

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    I a literally just going around in circles . Same lads jumping in and out of team. Utterly pointless until transfer window closes and managers pressers
    Friday will be fun LOL

If United do not sign a centre half Lindelof may be an even better shout than Shaw..........he can play RB too

I've a wedding on Friday, they may as well have put it the same day as Mayo in an all ireland final for the level of ignorance and disrespect they are showing my life

Green&Red wrote: »
    I've a wedding on Friday, they may as well have put it the same day as Mayo in an all ireland final for the level of ignorance and disrespect they are showing my life
    Finalize your team and leave your smartphone at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Kenedy at 5.0m looks great value to me. 51 points in 13 games for Newcastle, averaging juts under 4 points a game and looked good in those games.
    Newcastle are just as poor as they were last year and he'll be relied upon to be their main attacking outlet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Fromvert wrote: »
    Kenedy at 5.0m looks great value to me. 51 points in 13 games for Newcastle, averaging juts under 4 points a game and looked good in those games.
    Newcastle are just as poor as they were last year and he'll be relied upon to be their main attacking outlet.

I'm tinkering between Kenedy and 2.0M in bank. Or Jota +0.5 in bank

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm tinkering between Kenedy and 2.0M in bank. Or Jota +0.5 in bank

I must insist that you have a quick look at Newcastle's opening fixtures. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Wilberto wrote: »
    I must insist that you have a quick look at Newcastle's opening fixtures. :eek::eek:

Oh they are terrible and he won't play in the Chelsea game. He may be someone I go get after the international break when I inevitably wild card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Oh they are terrible and he won't play in the Chelsea game. He may be someone I go get after the international break when I inevitably wild card.

They do have lovely fixtures from week 9, but it'll just be a shame that they'll be rock bottom and devoid of any confidence by that stage! :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Its not ridiculous at all. All the data is out there for everyone to use as they see fit. Now the real skill comes in,not just lads creaming it in using websites the masses don’t know about.

• Advertisement

stat of the day: new Bournemouth signing Jefferson Lerma racked up 16 yellow cards in 25 league starts last season for Levante. He managed one attacking return(an assist). Might be one to steer clear of for anyone looking for a cheap £4.5m mid alternative :p

Advertisement