Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    If a person was to go for a wolves wing back they have never heard of should it be Jonny or Doherty

Jonny may not start the season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Green&Red wrote: »
    I think Hudson Odi's spot is in danger from Willian not Pedro AFAIK

Huh. If that's the case then I'm all over Pedro

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Kovacic added to the game @ 6m.

One for the watchlist for sure...have we a watchlist thread yet this year??

EDIT: Adama Traore also added @ 5.5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What about a
    Cech/Leno & 4m goalie instead of Foster/Fabianski combo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm on an absurdly attacking Robbo/TAA/PVA/Mendy backline as we speak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lucas Perez confirmed for West Ham - Abort Arnautovic if you have him probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Leicster spend big on a centre half .......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

On the off chance Everton don't get Mina or someone else at centre back, does that make Jagielka the favourite to start alongside Keane? Despite their poor form, he'd be tempting at 4.5m with those fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

For all those saying "abort Arnoutovic" or worrying about him, I have to say I totally disagree.

I mean at the end of the day only one man's opinion counts, and that's Pellegrini.

But we're talking about a £4m signing, a decent player, but who has only ever really had a good season at La Liga bottom feeders Depor.

He is also a player that is as much a wide forward as he is a centre forward (if not more so perhaps?).

Then you have the fact that he's just signed today. No way will he be in contention for GW1 and probably not GW 2 or 3.

Then you look at what Arnoutovic achieved as CF last year and the ability he has. He was also a £25m signing don't forget. He is imo the star man in this WH team in terms of his ability, but he only really found his place as the star man as a CF. He's also had a stellar pre-season by all accounts.

I see Perez as a depth signing who will have every chance to make his way into the team if he impresses. But I don't see an immediate threat to Arnie.

This is my take on it, maybe Pellegrini sees it differently but he would be mad to do so imo, I would be giving Arnie free reign as a CF in this team if I were manager

Mina having a medical ahead of Everton move according to SSN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm wavering on Mendy now after going through his previous season's stats...will he be worth 6m?! Also contemplating ditching Mané and doubling up on Pool defence with TAA...

I'm wavering on Mendy now after going through his previous season's stats...will he be worth 6m?! Also contemplating ditching Mané and doubling up on Pool defence with TAA...
    God damn it now so am I
    Maybe Ederson might be the best route after all........I’ll soon have a defence full of 4.5s again LOL

I'm not 100% sold on Mendy but i suppose the thing is he's an easy swap to another premium def if things don't work out

manual_man wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sold on Mendy but i suppose the thing is he's an easy swap to another premium def if things don't waork out

Ya I have my eye on Bavies if Rose goes so it would be an easy swap

God damn it now so am I
    Maybe Ederson might be the best route after all........I’ll soon have a defence full of 4.5s again LOL

Ha I'm looking at Ederson now too...I'm not rotating this season it'll either be him or a 4.5 set and forget

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

God damn it now so am I

I've planned on a 4.5 keeper all along with Mendy also but genuinely cannot find one that makes sense. So Ederson and a 5 mil defender could well be a better deal...

God damn it now so am I

Ha I'm looking at Ederson now too...I'm not rotating this season it'll either be him or a 4.5 set and forget
    Well I just spotted something interesting ........Joe Hart is 4.5
    I thought he was 5.........decent run of fixtures for first few months ...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,150 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I thought he was 5.........decent run of fixtures for first few months ...........

I don't think Hart will keep his place once Heaton is back fit though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

I've been swapping between Ederson and Mendy myself as the Man City cover.

Personally I'm opting for Mendy. It's a choice for most people between Ederson / 4m fodder GK/ 5.5M or lower defender versus two 4.5m keepers and Mendy.

I prefer the Mendy option because it gives me 3 starters, including two keepers I can rotate if necessary, while also giving me the greater attacking potential that Mendy is meant to provide.

I've no problem with the Ederson part of the equation but I'm struggling to find a 5 to 5.5m defender to come into the Mendy spot. There doesn't seem to be many great options out there at that price range from what i can see.

Ya I'm waiting for concrete news on Heaton injury...if it's longer than expected then I'll be all over Hart

• Advertisement

Looking at the 4.5 options who also have back up at just 4.0 ml at same Club
    All I can seen is Begovic and Boruc

Ya I'm waiting for concrete news on Heaton injury...if it's longer than expected then I'll be all over Hart
    C’mon dychie
    He is usually fairly up front and honest
    Let’s be honest too
    Hart must think he has a chance to nail it down

Danny Simpson may be going to wolves
    I had literally put Doherty in an hour ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,150 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lossl and Hamer is the other nailed on 8.5 combo. Palace and Brighton also have 8.5 combos but it’s not clear who the first and second choice is between Hennessey and Guaita and Button and Steele.

EDIT: Just realised that would make Speroni third choice, nevermind!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

BHA and HUD.
    I think Button is the back-up (instead of Steele)

I'm considering going with DDG (say) and one of these 4M back-ups.
    DDG becomes the cash-cow until the United defence has settled and then bring in the main keeper along side his back-up.

C’mon dychie
    He is usually fairly up front and honest
    Let’s be honest too
    Hart must think he has a chance to nail it down

Surely he wouldn't have gone there to just sit on the bench... Maybe Heaton will be sold or the injury is worse than we know

Puel on Maguire:

“I can confirm he is going to Manchester...but only for a couple of hours with us,”

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Any arsenal fans on here, is lacazette expected to start ? Also tempted by a punt on yarmelenko , anyone else thinking similar ?

Federico Fernandez on his way to Newcastle apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

I have successfully torn up my expensive defence
    Have somehow inexplicably ended up with foster as my only starting keeper
    Siggy the only player to survive the entire summer !

I still have Cedric, PVA, Coleman, WanB, Salah, Siggy, Kun and Firmino from the original, the only one I might change is Cedric as I don’t want to be saying about any of the others ‘ah jaysus I had him in my team, but then changed him’ as his third goal goes in.

Advertisement