Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Who will start in goal for Arsenal?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

What are people's thoughts on Shaw?

He's tempting but I'm worried he won't start more than one or two GWs

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Green&Red wrote: »
    Who will start in goal for Arsenal?

Looks like Leno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

A lot of people seem to think TAA will be first choice ahead of Clyne, I would have thought the opposite. Clyne is a natural right back and Klopp seems to like him, whereas TAA has converted and just plugging a hole. Anyone have any insight?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

GLaDOS wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on Shaw?

He's tempting but I'm worried he won't start more than one or two GWs

This basically - you'll get him GW1, maybe 2, but it's very likely Mourinho will opt for Young once he's fully fit. Committing yourself to an early transfer.

For 0.5 more you can get Bailly who sounds like he should be much more nailed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If hart does well dyche will leave him in. Of all the managers in the league he is probably the most reliable in terms of leaving players in that are doing well. He didn't put heaton back in last year. Lowton took a good while to get his place back off Bardsley same as ward with Taylor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to think TAA will be first choice ahead of Clyne, I would have thought the opposite. Clyne is a natural right back and Klopp seems to like him, whereas TAA has converted and just plugging a hole. Anyone have any insight?

He's been a right back as far as I've remembered. Played against some top teams and came out well in them. He can play defensive mid too and has done on several occasions. It think with a run he'll be a great FF asset at his price. I want to have him but I need my players to actually be near certain to play at least the first two games. If he's first choice I'll be jumping on him but I am think regardless he's likely to see the bench a bit too as Clyne is not exactly small fry is he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/fantasy-football-tips-170884

This guy actually got paid to write this

Don’t take hits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Don’t take hits

"To do well at Fantasy, you need your defenders to get clean sheets and your forwards to score/assist. So, buy players who will do this."

I've been doing it all wrong!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,361 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Slim pickings I know but best 4.5M midfielder?

• Advertisement

Don’t take hits

Top 12k finish last year and only spent 15 minutes each Friday looking at his team. Wasting all our time doing that extra bit. He's clearly a genius.

What on earth is he on about making sure to get 5 defenders in his team is my question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

"To do well at Fantasy, you need your defenders to get clean sheets and your forwards to score/assist. So, buy players who will do this."

I've been doing it all wrong!!!

That's unbelievable I didn't know this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mitrovic is annoying me. I fancy him to do well, but i only have one 6.5m slot so i currently have Jota (who i also fancy to do well). Part of the thinking is that i'll probably want to get in Richarlison or Theo by gw3 or gw4 and thus an easy straight swap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Pete_Cavan wrote: »

Clyne is a good defender but is rubbish once he goes over the half way line which won't do in a Klopp team, he'd give up a little on the defensive side to get more attacking threat and TAA is getting better the more he plays. Clyne may start the league at RB due to TAA getting back late but TAA will be first choice quickly could even be Sunday.

In the future TAA may become a CM but for now he's a RB and trains as a RB (the season Milner played LB he trained as a LB and last he season he wasn't a LB option for Klopp because he trained as CM).

TAA played 30 mins last Saturday, then 60 mins on Tuesday just gone. I'd say he starts on Sunday

Anyone tempted by Gabbiadini again? :D He looks quite sharp and Hughes seems to be set on two up top so should play majority of games. I'd have to drop Arnie or Zaha for him tho. The main thing stopping me.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Anyone tempted by Gabbiadini again? :D He looks quite sharp and Hughes seems to be set on two up top so should play majority of games. I'd have to drop Arnie or Zaha for him tho. The main thing stopping me.

The main thing stopping you should be that it's Gabbiadini!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dear god NO
    Step
    Away
    From
    The
    Computer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fosu mensah looks like joining Fulham on loan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Don’t take hits

My favourite was the last one "May seem like an obvious one." Yes, because the others weren't obvious at all! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

If Danny Ings pops up somewhere, he looks potentially great value to me at 5.5m. The value Liverpool have on him means anyone shelling out that cash would have to be looking to play him every week.

Rusty, coming back from bad injuries but a good value punt he'll be

Everton sign Mina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Does anyone have any insights about the Everton centre back pairing? Is Keane a guaranteed starter regardless of Mina signing? When would Mina be expected to start should he sign - GW2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Everton pulled it out of the bag big time. Need to be-evaluate my position on them.

Could be a whole new squad for me come tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Does anyone have any insights about the Everton centre back pairing? Is Keane a guaranteed starter regardless of Mina signing? When would Mina be expected to start should he sign - GW2?

Coleman Keane Mina Digne/Baines

Gueye Gomes

Bernard Siggy Richarlison

Tosun

my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Sessegnon or Richarlison?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Ings to Southampton.

El festino wrote: »
    Ings to Southampton.