Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Fromvert wrote: »
    If Danny Ings pops up somewhere, he looks potentially great value to me at 5.5m. The value Liverpool have on him means anyone shelling out that cash would have to be looking to play him every week.

Rusty, coming back from bad injuries but a good value punt he'll be

And he may be off to the Saints, Ingsy in you come as very cheap third striker who I think will be the main striker there fairly sharpish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Is Lovren definitely gonna partner VVD? Decent value at 5m in my opinion if he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Islander13 wrote: »
    Is Lovren definitely gonna partner VVD? Decent value at 5m in my opinion if he is?

Yep.
    Once he gets his fitness back up after his short preseason. Wish he'd weight in with a few goals however.
    More nailed on than TAA who is first choice right back but will miss a good few games with Clyne or even Gomez coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Islander13 wrote: »

Not sure about this weekend but I think he will be the main partner but Matip/Klaven/Gomez may get a game or two thrown in randomly to annoy anyone that has him. Lovren has a knack of picking up injuries (like all of Livepool's CBs) so he'll get rested throughout the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Seaba wrote: »
    Yep.
    Once he gets his fitness back up after his short preseason. Wish he'd weight in with a few goals however.
    More nailed on than TAA who is first choice right back but will miss a good few games with Clyne or even Gomez coming in.

Oh yeah, forgot the croatia factor, thx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Need United defensive cover. Bailly is a 75% man. Think he'll start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

So Ings is off to Southampton?
    What do ye make of Austin now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Green&Red wrote: »
    So Ings is off to Southampton?
    What do ye make of Austin now?

They will probably play 2 up front (5-3-2), but avoid is my new feeling on Austin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Is the max number of leagues you're allowed enter still 15?? Just picking a couple of the local free ones now but don't want to waste spaces if there's still the limit

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Is the max number of leagues you're allowed enter still 15?? Just picking a couple of the local free ones now but don't want to waste spaces if there's still the limit

And we're off... :D

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »

Checked there under leagues before posting and didn’t see the answer. Still don’t.

Not everyone has time on a Thursday evening to scour around looking for answers so a simple yes or no to my question would’ve been quicker than posting your hyperlink

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Robertson or TAA + 1m...head is wrecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I really really want to go with Hart and Hamer but I don't know if I am brave/stupid enough.
    Just can not bring myself to go with Foster or Begoruc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Checked there under leagues before posting and didn’t see the answer. Still don’t.

Not everyone has time on a Thursday evening to scour around looking for answers so a simple yes or no to my question would’ve been quicker than posting your hyperlink

Its there under leagues where it has info on each league type.

"You can compete in up to 15 private leagues. There's no limit on the number of teams in a single league."

km79 wrote: »
    I really really want to go with Hart and Hamer but I don't know if I am brave/stupid enough.
    Just can not bring myself to go with Foster or Begoruc

Fabianski and hope for lots of save points?!

jimmii wrote: »
    Its there under leagues where it has info on each league type.

"You can compete in up to 15 private leagues. There's no limit on the number of teams in a single league."

Ah right yeah, there’s another tab for rules with league in it after faq’s. Missed that.

Cheers for the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Is holding a good option for the season ahead or start of the season anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Don't think he'll start ahead of Sokratis or Mustafi.

Fabianski and hope for lots of save points?!
    A possibility but I have started to look beyond gw3/4 now just in case I don't need to WC and his fixtures are just horrific

The 5 ml defender is also a headache
    Like yourself I am considering TAA. Also Shaw but he is absolutely a transfer back out waiting to happen. Lowton if I don't have Hart
    or
    Downgrade to another 4.5 or even 4.0 to allow keeper upgrade.......
    head
    is
    wrecked

Rest of team is set.
    Current defence is (Robertson made way earlier to get Firmino back in )
    Mendy ( sticking with my gut on him at this stage)
    Shaw ( doubt he will still be there in 10 minutes !!!)
    Cedric (awaiting postive news in morning)
    Jonny ( I dont even know what he looks like)
    Wan Bissaka ( I really need to start taking him seriously and start looking at 3 way rotations )

The problem is the cheap keepers are coming from a lot of the same teams as 4.5 defenders so every time i change keeper it confuses defence.

Hart in goals I would be happy with as their fixtures are decent. Need news on Heaton.
    Pickford/Stek could also be an option if I downgrade Shaw to someone like Holebas.................

A week ago I had 2 rotating keepers 2 6ml defenders a 5.5 a 5.0 and a 4.0
    and now I am shopping in Aldi as per usual
    Every . Single . Year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

MattD wrote: »
    Don't think he'll start ahead of Sokratis or Mustafi.

I thought he would but having doubts, the fact it’s a terrible fixture they have means I’ll probably change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Can you bench boost and triple captain and wildcard all in GW1? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

km79 wrote: »
    A week ago I had 2 rotating keepers 2 6ml defenders a 5.5 a 5.0 and a 4.0
    and now I am shopping in Aldi as per usual
    Every . Single . Year.
    Premium defenders are vastly underrated. I'd suggest getting one or two as the backbone of your defence for set and forget.

Coming around to thinking I should go with Rui Patricio for set and forget. Seems like a crazy idea but I do plan to WC after GW4. Tough to call. Anyone else doing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Redo91

How likely is Mkhitaryan to start for Arsenal. Has shown decent for in preseason but if Arsenal go 433 he is likely to miss out to Auba and Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Only if use your free hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Redo91 wrote: »
    How likely is Mkhitaryan to start for Arsenal. Has shown decent for in preseason but if Arsenal go 433 he is likely to miss out to Auba and Ozil.
    Auba and Laca are pretty much nailed. Miki should probably take the other spot but yeah, it depends on if Ozil starts centrally or not. I think the Arsenal game will be a high points score for both them and City attackers.

patmac wrote: »
    Only if use your free hit.

This will also re-activate the infamous all out attack chip from 2016/2017 too!

Hidden cheat that most don't know:cool:

Premium defenders are vastly underrated. I'd suggest getting one or two as the backbone of your defence for set and forget.

Coming around to thinking I should go with Rui Patricio for set and forget. Seems like a crazy idea but I do plan to WC after GW4. Tough to call. Anyone else doing this?

I have just taken Firmino back out for Arnie ( round and round in circles I go )
    It allows me to get Robertson back instead of some Wolves defender I have never seen play , Bailly instead of Shaw (if I want) and a rotating pair of keepers.

I keep coming back to him but don't plan on wildcarding. City in GW3 is putting me off but it's at home so it mightn't be a complete disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

This will also re-activate the infamous all out attack chip from 2016/2017 too!

Hidden cheat that most don't know:cool:

Just press triangle square circle X r2 and it unlocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,520 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I was all set for Austin but I feel like I have to move away from that now with the Danny Ings signing.

Advertisement