Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Is their a list of cash leagues about? (Joe.ie, Last Word, etc..)

I want to join in on a few, will get nowhere, but can be enjoyable/frustrating seeing you position jump up and down as the weeks go by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Wont be starting this weekend but any love for Deulofeu I've taken a gamble on him

Playing 3-5-2 with Quaner 3rd stiker so I can't take any risks in Midfield. Have 2 playing subs but defenders. Couldn't afford that kind of gamble tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Bilva and Arnie

OR Firmino and Cairney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Any love for Balbeuna at West Ham? Only 4.5 so thinking he might be worth a punt as a rotating defender for a few clean sheets and maybe a goal against lower half opposition. Is he a better option than Tompkins considering I will be keeping Wan B (like everyone else) on the bench too? Probably going to have Fab as reserve keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Why is Lucas Moura (TOT) being touted by many? His previous goals and assists records wouldn't light a fire in your belly.

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Why is Lucas Moura (TOT) being touted by many? His previous goals and assists records wouldn't light a fire in your belly.

Son due to go away and he has had a good preseason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

ShagNastii wrote: »

With son missing cos of asian games, he'll probably be an early starter for them. I'd have to see more of him in a spurs jersey to be convinced by him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

I don't get the Zaha love in, can anybody fill me in? He's been reclassified this year and they've just signed Jordan Ayew on loan. Would expect Zaha to jump back to left side of a midfield in place of Schlupp so will be a midfielder (albeit an attacking one) but a striker in FPL terms limiting returns. I get the fixtures are good but still think there's better options up top for 7m.

Paully D wrote: »

The rest period he's had is the only reason ive decided to bring him in. It's the United's style of play will be the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Aguero or Auba? Playing each other this weekend, Arsenal playing Chelsea next weekend so maybe smarter move to go for Aguero?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

jamesbere wrote: »
    The rest period he's had is the only reason ive decided to bring him in. It's the United's style of play will be the problem.

If I thought he would play up front long term I'd have him in but I reckon as soon as Lukaku's back he'll go out wide. Might not be that big a downside if you're planning to bring KDB in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Beef or Salmon

Anyone know who Brightons sub goalie is? Want to get Ryan and his deputy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Clyne being touted to start ahead of TAA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Clyne being touted to start ahead of TAA.

source?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Team is sorted unless someone can give me a good reason to not start with Pedro.

Foster/Ryan
    Robertson/Mendy/Doherty/Wan-Biss/Peltier
    Salah/Sanchez/Pedro/Rikky/Ralls
    Aguero/Mitrovic/Zaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

The trouble with all this chopping and changing is that no matter who scores at the weekend I'll have had them in my team at some stage and I'll be kicking myself for not sticking with them

Is anyone still brave enough to roll out the Bench Boost GW1? Busts?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Team is sorted unless someone can give me a good reason to not start with Pedro.

Foster/Ryan
    Robertson/Mendy/Doherty/Wan-Biss/Peltier
    Salah/Sanchez/Pedro/Rikky/Ralls
    Aguero/Mitrovic/Zaha

They're never gonna let you down! :)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

manual_man wrote: »
    source?

Just chatter on another forum. Of course we can't take anything as gospel.

Love how this morning I was happy enough with me team

I now have 6 of those players left......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Green&Red wrote: »
    The trouble with all this chopping and changing is that no matter who scores at the weekend I'll have had them in my team at some stage and I'll be kicking myself for not sticking with them

Haha! I was just thinking this this morning. The fear is unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just chatter on another forum. Of course we can't take anything as gospel.

Think i'm gonna go with him. He's a step up in quality from Clyne. Played 30 mins last Sat, and 63 mins last Tues. Am hopeful he'll start. If not, it's over to you
    Aboubakar Kamara :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Is anyone still brave enough to roll out the Bench Boost GW1? Busts?

Am doing it with my season long no transfer team for sure

Site is starting to slow up big time for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

:eek:

@ManCity
    PEP: @sterling7 and @DeBruyneKev are available. They arrived (on Monday) in perfect condition.

Site is starting to slow up big time for me now

Will probably be worse before deadline time with people trying to get teams in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Anyone think Aké will play? Or who do we fancy in Bournemouth defence?

• Advertisement

El festino wrote: »
    :eek:

@ManCity
    PEP: @sterling7 and @DeBruyneKev are available. They arrived (on Monday) in perfect condition.

Thinking of going Bilva to Jota now

Is that a bad move?

Advertisement