Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Literally couldn't decide who to start. Pressed bench boost.

Somebody get the laptop away from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

manual_man wrote: »
    Think i'm gonna go with him. He's a step up in quality from Clyne. Played 30 mins last Sat, and 63 mins last Tues. Am hopeful he'll start. If not, it's over to you
    Aboubakar Kamara :pac:

I'm going with TAA and accepting the risk he may not play. I'll take my bench player coming in for him for a probable 2 points. Not the end of the world, and there's a potential straight swap for Lovren to remedy it long-term.

Finding 1.0 to upgrade to Robbo / VVD will set off a domino effect in my team that will lead to numerous other changes and I'm happy with the setup I have now.

There's other areas that have been significantly strengthened because of this punt and that's the nature of the game. I won't be annoyed if he doesn't start.

I do think he will start but I'm a little less sure now I have to say. There's a lot of talk that Gomez and Klavan may be unavailable, which would hand a start to young Nat Phillips at RCB. If that's the case I think there's a stronger argument for putting in a more defensively sound and experienced player in Clyne beside him on the right side.

But I still think we'll see TAA start!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

El festino wrote: »
    :eek:

@ManCity
    PEP: @sterling7 and @DeBruyneKev are available. They arrived (on Monday) in perfect condition.

Haha Pep starting his FF trolling early this year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Juan Mata has 4 goals in his last 4 games against Leicester and will start tonight.

Tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Start 2 of
    Cedric home to Burnley
    Cairney home to palace
    Arnie away to pool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

km79 wrote: »
    Start 2 of
    Cedric home to Burnley
    Cairney home to palace
    Arnie away to pool

Cedric and Cairney for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Start 2 of
    Cedric home to Burnley
    Cairney home to palace
    Arnie away to pool

Cedric and Arnie.

Burnley were in Turkey last night, and hate scoring goals generally.

Arnie likes showing up against the bigger teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Start 2 of
    Cedric home to Burnley
    Cairney home to palace
    Arnie away to pool

Cairney and Arnie

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Thinking of going Bilva to Jota now

Is that a bad move?

I think BSilva will start but longer team other than KDB, impossible to say who will play until a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Any love for Balbeuna at West Ham? Only 4.5 so thinking he might be worth a punt as a rotating defender for a few clean sheets and maybe a goal against lower half opposition. Is he a better option than Tompkins considering I will be keeping Wan B (like everyone else) on the bench too? Probably going to have Fab as reserve keeper.
    As a WHU fan, he seems a complete nutcase, a bit of a "character" as they say. That could end up being a cult hero that scores 8 goals this season, or a south american nutjob that gets 5 red cards. It's a complete new backline for West ham (new GK, RB, CB, CB), so hold off till we see how they set up.

• Advertisement

Start 2 of
    Cedric home to Burnley
    Cairney home to palace
    Arnie away to pool

Not Cedric

Edit - and this is why I’m delighted I spent on my starting 11 and don’t have a weekly rotation to decide. Why add to the torture ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

manual_man wrote: »
    Think i'm gonna go with him. He's a step up in quality from Clyne. Played 30 mins last Sat, and 63 mins last Tues. Am hopeful he'll start. If not, it's over to you
    Aboubakar Kamara :pac:

Ak47.

I believe he likes to go by.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Ak47.

I believe he likes to go by.

I thought that was Sterling...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Ings or Will Hughes to start?

Not Cedric

Edit - and this is why I’m delighted I spent on my starting 11 and don’t have a weekly rotation to decide. Why add to the torture ?
    I may be bench boosting early
    Although looking at Cairneys fixtures after this weekend maybe not!

If I downgrade cedric to a 4ml I will still only have 5.5 for Cairney replacement anyway.
    Id rather have the option of playing cedrid instead of another 4 ml defender.
    If i dont start cedric my bench will be
    4.5 0r 4.0 keeper, 4.5 defender, 4.0 defender. 4.5 mid
    Can't put much more money on the pitch than that !!!!!

It is just the way it has fallen this week that Arnie has a poor fixture. I will probably play him anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Coleman + Mahrez

or

Alexis Sanchez + £4.0m DEF which would mean starting Cedric, Wan-Bissaka or Peltier.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Is anyone still brave enough to roll out the Bench Boost GW1? Busts?

No agueros form in the charity shield put a stop to that idea for me. It was fairly easy to get a good 15 when I was going with no premium strikers. I'll still be BB in a sgw not sure when though.

Paully D wrote: »
    Coleman + Mahrez

or

Alexis Sanchez + £4.0m DEF which would mean starting Cedric, Wan-Bissaka or Peltier.

Thanks.

You clearly want sanchez
    DO IT

I may be bench boosting early
    Although looking at Cairneys fixtures after this weekend maybe not!

If I downgrade cedric to a 4ml I will still only have 5.5 for Cairney replacement anyway.
    Id rather have the option of playing cedrid instead of another 4 ml defender.
    If i dont start cedric my bench will be
    4.5 0r 4.0 keeper, 4.5 defender, 4.0 defender. 4.5 mid
    Can't put much more money on the pitch than that !!!!!

It is just the way it has fallen this week that Arnie has a poor fixture. I will probably play him anyway

Cedric to Peltier and Cairney to Fraser is it ?

Snapshot of the latest highest owned players:

gtCP6xwCE0OVsaAj5btj9yEhGRdn4sS_OBjCWDMhzYAXAVPgrmOWxcSUoaWnyWSOZrAAyNvNu-zL66pPwa5Vq7hBd-CCG_04Cilvfvl2gHXQMLzCJ095_3enOV3ihcXN8bXMX7J4-q-3z42vSx1sdf-HxgBXq55wiLT6YtZEoGnkZtogydSj4_KYakCKjWLVACa8YsO8B4LXIkV2MAt8o4oJ3AO2jEKembwnMHqAViasDlMj_90ciTqmvYpBsnJkKFFuMm6XsMmP6gD_9q9IYDshzd0xLhvUSQ650s0GQPwTHE4F6buJz6XTCWr2QCJz2KHLW1GqobMhn09msaScOvdXoGR8Iyu-hXczxpJQvjsEuCbtNnFv41C5USCQ_hzEhrN5s4aAHg05MrTxZijfYdgOZ3mRxrreRrKp9RDY82WIgqepNxnLxqgGrnArPnoqRUKFXoHd9WeCTtTpQkP7TKkJGUGCoZ0oYClXE5RULFp4cfc2npRVDAk1h-hRf9_vFQ2rEmgzleAyLko-z0vFQs0xM9afvD6qIeiVlNW_ZhzoENyWK1A1wuWpTa8aQYl4CQS2qNpbzb9Du5ZOmvFyzjsy_G9CFszTZUwJ-OI=w249-h660-no

Z1snYQqm2XThEu6BfvkDv8HUuFZFRWmqcmUP5GI54dh6HsBExqtfTVJPwa2tNriDuXoONxBWHihfH8lcDzMCAXOaYOE04lH8HdRhOczZuHiM3vCC9Oi03KwqGx_N_2unqPB4OYd24-jJBOYwkBW9ssD2jNgGs6p7pU3Jhkk3veSClMOtJE7MXEF--M0UDlxsJhpET2dhoHQSngeZyorxYOd9vngO97dvJSF1bhO70vEPd9O9vhFn_oUbJKE866MwwERb0p9MWSyjZZZvPjYOssWetOA6AzF17FpDPxuaX-l-4hgqbgSFxgGB-lUMe1oNnlPhgpiDG2UmKrBMDNluNQA2GAjdl__xtuUUJz7gVup6dci2lPY8k4FafcXQVwUwS1tUre_bDMn7H6TwHZzlxmZZDTjqPo9xmZ_jUtYVrMAcqXfXUxUgq5gxS9bc6p9UJVLQJzbaWxJmHGlYvFFfx7sgExheJ-A-9gXf5NCIIK4DU0fhCg1CoSNdBXyV76AkW39s2yA3tAklXoPreibOt_w6mAL1XItLDJh2zM8xLwrH8icHHPgMoH7v9kl6NXtOKDZQ7b1j0DU-izJ1QpNr1dW-7Hb7sQHay5_oTWE=w249-h660-no

Aguero over 30% now :(

• Advertisement

You’re going double Liverpool defence ?

What about Bobby and Mane ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

Aguero or Augbamayang

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Can't decide now between B.Silva/Firmino and Mane/Tosun.

Any thoughts?

Aguero or Augbamayang

Why not both? :D

Aguero though for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Can't decide now between B.Silva/Firmino and Mane/Tosun.

Any thoughts?

Mane/Tosun

Paully D wrote: »
    Coleman + Mahrez

or

Thanks.

Cmon man join the Sanchez crew, it's great craic

join-me-2.gif

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Cmon man join the Sanchez crew, it's great craic

I have him and might even captain him if we get the teamsheets early

@Devils_Latest
    Manchester United squad vs Leicester: De Gea, Grant, Kovar, Bailly, Smalling, Lindleof, Jones, Young, Shaw, McTominay, Pogba, Mata, Fred, Pereira, Fellaini, Rashford, Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial. [M.E.N] #MUFC

Only a rumour but thought it was worth posting.
    No Valencia, Dalot or Darmian. They have Young playing RWB. Shaw LWB.

@Devils_Latest
    Manchester United squad vs Leicester: De Gea, Grant, Kovar, Bailly, Smalling, Lindleof, Jones, Young, Shaw, McTominay, Pogba, Mata, Fred, Pereira, Fellaini, Rashford, Lukaku, Sanchez, Martial. [M.E.N] #MUFC

Only a rumour but thought it was worth posting.
    No Valencia, Dalot or Darmian. They have Young playing RWB. Shaw LWB.

Valencia and Dalot are both injured.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭thetimeisnow

Why not both? :D

Aguero though for me

I could but Id have to drop Sanchez , should I?

Advertisement