Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

titan18 wrote: »
    So, Bilva? Yes or no?

Pep has freaked me out after earlier comments

I have gone no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

titan18 wrote: »
    So, Bilva? Yes or no?

Pep has freaked me out after earlier comments

He should be safe for gw1. I'd guess for gw2 too. But midfield is gonna be a minefield for City fpl-wise. I think the sensible play is to just go with Aguero and wait and see regards their mids. Ahead of gw4 we should have a better idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Not seeing a lot of Spurs love.

Currently deciding between Robertson/Young/Davies as my 6 mill defender alongside Mendy.

Also what do people think on an option for 9.5 midfielder? Currently on Erikson but Sane and Pogba could be options.

Mane too but dont want to treble up on Liverpool attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

If Ings becomes a soild starter for Southampton I can definitely see myself being interested. He was never that bad for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Mane or Eriksen are fine. I’ve picked Mane with the intention of getting KdB or Eriksen at some point so that’s my thinking

I reckon b Silva is ok for this week but the city midfield will be a bit of a lottery over the coming weeks unless you get KdB. Not sure if I’ll stick with Silva for one week and then change to the 7-8 mil who kills it this week, hopefully him!

• Advertisement

Two ACLs and 4 goals in 3 seasons. The guy may be coming back to fitness, but my dear lord I'd not expect him to be able to play 2 full matches in a row for a while. The guy has played 604 minutes of Premier League football in 3 seasons, I know, injuries, but be aware that he won't be just playing 90 minutes a week all of a sudden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

mectavba wrote: »
    What is the likely Southampton defensive line up?

Cedric/Targett - Hoedt - Stephens - Bednarek - Bertrand?????

Don't even joke about that

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johny Cage

Liam2012 wrote: »
    I've the same dilemma. Not sure who to drop for HO from Townsend, Richarlison or Josh King.
    In your case I think I'd start HO. I've avoided West Ham due to fixture difficulty.

Either Townsend or Hudson, I would lean towards starting Hudson.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Johny Cage wrote: »
    Either Townsend or Hudson, I would lean towards starting Hudson.

Are Pedro and Willian not more likely to start and Hazard to get a run out coming on for one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johny Cage

Axwell wrote: »
    Are Pedro and Willian not more likely to start and Hazard to get a run out coming on for one of them?

Nobody really knows. He played well in preseason so I expect him to play the first game before Hazard returns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Axwell wrote: »

Yeah I have to say I'm not getting the Hudson love. I think it's very likely he gets gameweek 1 and that's it. Then you're immediately down a player and looking to transfer him out.

Then those who have him even seem unsure if they're even going to start him for GW1 which makes no sense to me. I think if you take the punt on him you have to start him. Otherwise why not just go for a solid Stephens on the bench who at least you know will play week in week out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Milner worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Milner worth it?

100% no.

Probably won't be a regular starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Benimar wrote: »
    100% no.

Probably won't be a regular starter.

Gundogan or Fernandinho?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Gundogan or Fernandinho?

Neither, but of the two Fernandinho should start and Gundogan probably won't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

D. Silva is fantastic value at 8.5m, averaged 6pts a game last season until taking some time off for personal reason. Getting on now but early on in the season his legs should still be there. I gave up strength on my bench to squeeze him in.

Keita is another that could end up being great value at 7.5m. Likely to be in the most advanced role for the Liverpool midfield so could end up being a snip at that. He'll be one I'm watching carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Any good FF podcasts out there? Audio only, not YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Aubameyang or Aguero? I have Ederson & Dilva as my MC cover, no other Arsenal players though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Flecktarn wrote: »
    Aubameyang or Aguero? I have Ederson & Dilva as my MC cover, no other Arsenal players though.

Go Lacazette Aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Green&Red wrote: »
    The trouble with all this chopping and changing is that no matter who scores at the weekend I'll have had them in my team at some stage and I'll be kicking myself for not sticking with them

Yeah I’ve tried to stick as close to my original line up as possible, to avoid this, tempted to do Siggy it Ramsey, but may hold for a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,150 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

budgemook wrote: »
    Any good FF podcasts out there? Audio only, not YouTube.

Who Got The Assist?, Always Cheating, FML FPL and FF Surgery are some good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭budgemook

Who Got The Assist?, Always Cheating, FML FPL and FF Surgery are some good ones.

Thanks! Presumably you have them listed in order of preference so I will start with who got the assist ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Best 4m goalkeeper option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,150 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

budgemook wrote: »
    Thanks! Presumably you have them listed in order of preference so I will start with who got the assist ;)

Haha no mate, they're in any order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Gotta Text off a few lads asking Who to put in their team as sorting their FPL team.

No doubt they’ll be ahead of me points wise after this GW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

patmac wrote: »

Speroni maybe could oust Hennessy but there all shït

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Boruc or Stecklenburg I reckon

Gone for Boruc myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Hamer might be #1 at Hudd soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Drop or keep Bernardo Silva lads? Head's melted with whether to keep him or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Lads need to dump either Cairney or Fraser to a 4.5 any suggestions

Advertisement