Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

KevIRL wrote: »
    There's only Wan Bissaka at 4mil

Picked back on July 5th before the game even went live. Pity I left him on the bench...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Looks like this year could be aflush with mid priced midfielders that could rack up points weekly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

jimmii wrote: »
    Pretty much every week was topped by those teams in the past. That's why you see those teams triple captaining Shaw yesterday. They just want to be top at the end of the day which is even worse!

Although, the team that I saw yesterday was weird though. They had Pogba and Shaw (TC) and DDG and that was it.

Usually it'd be 3 from each of the teams playing, just like last year when Leicester played Arsenal. The team that was leading at the end of that day had Xhaka, Vardy and two more from each of those teams, followed by a bunch of nobodies, and about 20 million in the bank.

Yesterdays one looks like a genuine team, but with a blatant attempt to be top after one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Might have found a nice deferential in Holebas at 4.5m, who would be fairly well known here.

From what I read, he seems to be in Watford's strongest starting 11s this pre season. He was mentioned six times in their report below from their last match. He's yellow flagged but I reckon that will be removed as he played the full 90 on Saturday. I know he's prone to a lot of YCs but with their nice opening fixtures, and a potential early WC to get rid if needed, I think I'll chance him.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/16398846.watford-draw-with-sampdoria-on-graham-taylor-matchday/

Glad that a hunch finally came good! And he delivered in all aspects - assists and a YC :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Seaba wrote: »
    Long gone are the times when I dreamt of pretty girls..... Last night I had a dream that Mendy assisted two goals. Was absolutely raging/apocalyptic as I had downgraded him to Shaw and upgraded Wan B to TAA.
    Sticking with Mendy after that!

Trying to dream lotto numbers tonight!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Great week for LBs
    Holebas - 13
    Mendy - 11
    Alonso - 11
    Shaw - 11
    Robertson - 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Great week for LBs
    Holebas - 13
    Mendy - 11
    Alonso - 11
    Shaw - 11
    Robertson - 11

PVA and Schlupp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Great week for LBs
    Holebas - 13
    Mendy - 11
    Alonso - 11
    Shaw - 11
    Robertson - 11
    Mendy up to 15 with BP's

Nothing for Bavies tho :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Few snap judjements from me:
    - We're gonna spend the season trying to figure out if Kante is the real deal. There'll be lads here at Christmas when he's scored 8 goals still telling us he's a defensive midfielder and it'l never last
    - Perrerya will be this season's Mounie - score 2 onthe opening day then go very quiet
    - Morrison from Leicester looks a lovely player
    - Bernardo Silva will drive us crazy - he'll score when he plays, but we'll continue to convice ourselves that he'll be dropped at any moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Few snap judjements from me:
    - We're gonna spend the season trying to figure out if Kante is the real deal. There'll be lads here at Christmas when he's scored 8 goals still telling us he's a defensive midfielder and it'l never last
    - Perrerya will be this season's Mounie - score 2 onthe opening day then go very quiet
    - Morrison from Leicester looks a lovely player
    - Bernardo Silva will drive us crazy - he'll score when he plays, but we'll continue to convice ourselves that he'll be dropped at any moment

Already trying to figure out will B.Silva play next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Concerns gameweek1

Arnie playing time. His substitution today was bad news. Trailing as well.

Cardiffs uselessness. Have two fodder from them.

Lacazette not starting.

Is this Mane's year over salah?

Only being allowed three Liverpool players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Lads what’s the the code for the boardsie league?

Gavlor wrote: »
    Lads what’s the the code for the boardsie league?

It's stickied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Concerns gameweek1

He had a late fitness test so may have been for protection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

He had a late fitness test so may have been for protection

FFS
    Didn't know this
    Would have been all I needed to tip the balance back to zaha
    Ah well
    Next week is Arnie's week
    Hopefully
    Assuming he is fit .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Concerns gameweek1

Surely he went off because of that small injury it looked like he picked up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

It's stickied

Cheers

Gavlor wrote: »
    Cheers

I saw that sneaky edit. I was just getting the link :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I saw that sneaky edit. I was just getting the link :pac:

So did I! ;) :pac: :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Wilberto wrote: »
    So did I! ;) :pac: :)

And me too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Sorry for the noob question.

When are prices likely to change ?? Say wan bissaka, everyone getting him in... will he go up this week or take a few days ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Sorry for the noob question.

When are prices likely to change ?? Say wan bissaka, everyone getting him in... will he go up this week or take a few days ??

Predicted tonight.

http://fplstatistics.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Thanks.

Nabbed richarlison there so before he increases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Already trying to figure out will B.Silva play next week.

Think he's safer than the lads in City's top 3. Gonna be an awful lot of rotation among Aguero, Jesus, Sane, Sterling, Mahrez... Bilva will get rotated obviously but it's him or KDB for me, along with Mendy and Aguero.

Much better to spend premium cash on Salah, Mane & Firmino imo. Only spending 7.5 on Bilva will ease the rotation blows. That's the way I'm approaching it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

B. Silva probably ok for another week, and prices didn't change until the following Wednesday last season. They're usually slower every year, but hard to predict as the transfer tolerances get figured out. Maybe ok for 1-2 more days :pac:

This look a bit mad.

I was just looking at my leagues because I had such a good score.

I was surprised I was so low down in PVA’s league.

I clicked on a few teams.

Can someone else click on the team in 10th place ‘childish Firmino’ and explain why he got 32 points for Salah ?

He has played bench boost but even if he played TC he would have got 24 points for Salah.

Edit - been through a few more teams in the top ten of that league and similar scenario. Bench Boost played but some have 32 points for Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

This look a bit mad.

I was just looking at my leagues because I had such a good score.

I was surprised I was so low down in PVA’s league.

I clicked on a few teams.

Can someone else click on the team in 10th place ‘childish Firmino’ and explain why he got 32 points for Salah ?

He has played bench boost but even if he played TC he would have got 24 points for Salah.

You're losing it after 1 gameweek man, that's Mane with 32 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

He had Mane as captain......:)

Jesus H.

I know I’m tired but that’s ridiculous.

Sorry guys.

Kip needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Advertisement