Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

General FPL Chat 2018/19

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Been offered Jesus for Zaha in draft league.
    It's a no brainier right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I honestly dont know

Zaha is a certainty for starts and of the City forward players Jesus is probably my least favourite

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I honestly dont know

Zaha is a certainty for starts and of the City forward players Jesus is probably my least favourite

Definitely worried about Jesus' gametime but Aguero just didn't look great yesterday and made a mess of a 1 on 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I would stay with Zaha

100% no brainer.

• Advertisement

100% no brainer.

As in keep Zaha? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Just wondering how much money people on here have “invested” in FPL this year?

I’m probably going to cap my spending at €70 by the looks of it (3 x 20, 1 x 10 Work League).

I’m still a relative noob (4th season playing properly) – I won €160 last year so will be in the black for another while hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Cartman78 wrote: »

I’m probably going to cap my spending at €70 by the looks of it (3 x 20, 1 x 10 Work League).

I’m still a relative noob (4th season playing properly) – I won €160 last year so will be in the black for another while hopefully

120 for me, 50x2 and a 20. Last year 70 and won 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I've spent 220 much the same as the last few years . Last year was the first time I lost money on FF. I don't really gamble on football since i got into FF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Far too much. Especially with sidebets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

€320 for me. Last year was the first year I made a loss. The previous year pulled in over €2k, a couple of new pairs of shoes and a trip to Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Green&Red wrote: »
    and a trip to Anfield

What did the winner get? :pac:

Ah that's amazing tho. Fair play mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Cleared €1,100 last season (including €500 for the Bohs FPL league) so I've invested in 5/6 money leagues this year and paid for a Fantasyfootballfix lifetime membership @ £95 out of the winnings. I'll probably do crap this year after all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

GW1 left back FPL scores

Mendy - 15
    Holebas - 13
    Alonso - 11
    Shaw - 11
    PVA - 11
    Robertson - 11
    Bertrand - 6
    Ward - 6
    Daniels - 5

Crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Are there any fpl podcasts people listen to/would recommend?

If so, are they weekly and when are they released?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

MR NINE wrote: »
    Are there any fpl podcasts people listen to/would recommend?

If so, are they weekly and when are they released?

I normally give the ffs one a listen to. It comes out the Thursday before deadline normally. There's lots out there always cheating do a decent one, who got the assist is a newish one, not listened to ff surgery but it's one I have meant to try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,577 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Apparently the FFS preamble is going podcast as well. Pity, it was my favourite weekly article on there

Green&Red wrote: »
    €320 for me. Last year was the first year I made a loss. The previous year pulled in over €2k, a couple of new pairs of shoes and a trip to Anfield

And there was me thinking you were a United fan.

Peace bro.

Hope you finish 2nd overall behind me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Unfortunately it was to the Stoke game

So how did the eye test go for everyone this weekend ?

What team or player stood out ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

First time putting money on it - just €20 on the Boards Pay League. In hindsight, I should have done more research into more pay leagues and seeing which ones have monthly prizes and local ones where it "might" be easier to win. Can only imagine the standard of the Boards Pay League one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

So how did the eye test go for everyone this weekend ?

What team or player stood out ?

Just watched Liverpool. Totally dominated the game and having 3 of their player not a bad idea. Mane was very good, but I still feel Salah will continue to provide points and probably will be more consistent.

Milner and Keita both had very good game, but doubt they are any good FPL wise.

Alexander Arnold made few errors, but I guess he is OK for now. Very good free kick saved by Fabianski.

Robertson much safer option now. Comes with a price, though.

Not much to say about West ham after this game.

Arnautovic had a good chance or two, but nothing solid yet.

Felipe Anderson reminds me of Navas - lot of running up and down the pitch with no results at all.

Fabianski few good saves, but with that defence we rely on save points. If they ever get clean sheet he is likely to get bonus points.

I hope Lanzini will improve their midfield when back, and wouldn't mind Antonio to be moved to more attacking position. He seemed to be the one who at least tried, despite his position, the rest of their players not so.

I also watched United and felt asleep in first half.

Sanchez was poor.

Unless they are up 2 goals they seem to play it safe, which is not good if you want points.

Definitely will look to fit one defender into my team. Or DeGea.

Everton game was a freak show really that got me a lot of points. Too early to decide on them as they were down one man early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,149 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

-=al=- wrote: »
    B. Silva probably ok for another week, and prices didn't change until the following Wednesday last season. They're usually slower every year, but hard to predict as the transfer tolerances get figured out. Maybe ok for 1-2 more days :pac:

Prices first changed on the Sunday night last season.

Just noticed one of the boardsies is number one in Ireland.

Nice whoever it is!

Edit: I believe it's Wonski based on he's number 40 in world and I think he posted about that elsewhere

Edit2: Wonski disappointed me, it's not him. Wrestlemanic it is! :pac:

Prices first changed on the Sunday night last season.

Rise predictions have been reset/adjusted on FPL statistics.

You never know what FPL people will come up with so we don't know nothing until first changes occur.
    It will take at least few weeks to get an idea. I have no doubts players on top of the list like Neves, Mendy, Richarlison etc will rise before the next deadline.
    I did my transfer now to avoid disappointment. Could not afford being short 0.1 now.

Nice whoever it is!

Edit: I believe it's Wonski based on he's number 40 in world and I think he posted about that elsewhere

I wish, but it is not me. I am in 200k bracket ;)
    There was another poster with 125 points, he is in Fsa league2.

I guess it is him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,149 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Nice whoever it is!

No it’s wrestlemaniac.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

He's one of our own..
    He's one of our o-own
    Wrestlemaniac
    He's one of our own.

:pac:

Not sure if this will interest many and apologies if this is against the charter.

However, we set up a discord https://discordapp.com/invite/sFbBKQW

Using it to discuss FPL. You can join voice channels or just message normally.

Testing it to see if it takes off as we haven't heard of many FPL Discord channels!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

What would be the advantage of using that and not just use boards?

Advertisement